Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defensive End

Comment

My look through google, twitter, instagram at U Indy commits...

Negative: U Indy needed DLs and TEs that could play right away and be "difference makers". I don't see that in their commitments found on twitter and instagram. Also they were successful with so many commits that there isn't much room for transfers. So likely that's still not a strategy they are using yet. If I were a transfer TE or DL I'd contact them.

Positive: Looks like they are taking team speed to a new level for the GLVC. This year they look heavy on the DBs and ATHs. Bringing guys in from six states and did well in Cincinnati and STL and very very well in Chicago.

This is a big class. I'm guessing 40 plus.

Comment

My rant: U Indy recruiting strategy continues to be getting prep players and developing them over 4-5 years rather than actively going after transfers. Coach Keevers even brought it up at pressers when he was hired. It seems the only transfers they have are guys they had originally recruited or guys that come knocking on their door.

The problem with relying on 4-5 year development is that you need to plan 3-5 years ahead of time without knowing what holes you'll have to fill in the future. I see the teams that bring in a lot of transfers can fill a need within a year with an older, developed and experienced transfer that has demonstrated his ability on a JUCO or CC team or at another NCAA school. And most of the JUCO and CC transfers are guys that were big on talent but NCAA academic nonqualifiers coming out of prep school.

I understand how much better the team culture is on a team full of the 4-5 year guys. I just don't see how schools, especially privates like U Indy, can compete versus teams that actively go after transfers.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by michiganfb View Post
            My rant: U Indy recruiting strategy continues to be getting prep players and developing them over 4-5 years rather than actively going after transfers. Coach Keevers even brought it up at pressers when he was hired. It seems the only transfers they have are guys they had originally recruited or guys that come knocking on their door.

The problem with relying on 4-5 year development is that you need to plan 3-5 years ahead of time without knowing what holes you'll have to fill in the future. I see the teams that bring in a lot of transfers can fill a need within a year with an older, developed and experienced transfer that has demonstrated his ability on a JUCO or CC team or at another NCAA school. And most of the JUCO and CC transfers are guys that were big on talent but NCAA academic nonqualifiers coming out of prep school.

I understand how much better the team culture is on a team full of the 4-5 year guys. I just don't see how schools, especially privates like U Indy, can compete versus teams that actively go after transfers.
            Teams have consistently won over and over and over with high school players and great cultures, especially in D2. Maybe that's changing. I don't know. But I actually believe a roster of 93 program players and seven transfers is probably the best chance at success for Indianapolis.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Teams have consistently won over and over and over with high school players and great cultures, especially in D2. Maybe that's changing. I don't know. But I actually believe a roster of 93 program players and seven transfers is probably the best chance at success for Indianapolis.
              I would even agree if in those seven transfers U Indy actively went out and looked for what they need ready to play the next season. Again, it seems their transfers come knocking on U Indy's door and could be any position whether there is a need or not.

Comment

Seems their defense is a year or two away from being a strength. I think the overall game plan for 2020 is that the offense keeps possession and eats clock to win games.

Comment

I would even agree if in those seven transfers U Indy actively went out and looked for what they need ready to play the next season. Again, it seems their transfers come knocking on U Indy's door and could be any position whether there is a need or not.
                  Yeah. You have to hit on the transfers, especially if you give them a lot of money.

Comment

Keeping up with the Joneses here's Grand Valley:

Also Grand Valley signed 6 out of Indiana mainly the Indy Metro area. Interesting it looks like U Indy offered only one of those six and he wasn't local.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X