Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLVC off season wish list.

Hope to see some participation from fans from all the schools!

What are your top 3 things you'd like to see for your team this off season?

Well.... since no one else will, I'll start!

1. First and foremost, improvement on the defense. Whether it's personnel, scheming, etc we have to get better if we're going to compete nationally. When we played elite level power running teams, we were exposed.
    2. Improvement in the running game. Nash is a quality back. We have to get better at owning the LOS and moving guys off the ball. While our rushing numbers weren't horrible, its a bit misleading because a lot of those runs are set up off of draws or QB scrambles. We never really were able to establish the run game vs. better competition.
    3. Consistency in the kicking game. It would be nice knowing that if we got to the opponents 30 that we were in FG range. If we got within 20, we were going to at least get 3. Anything inside 10 was automatic.
    Cool Story Bro

Comment

Comment

William Jewell Cardinals

1. A commitment to success in football from the School Administration.

2. A high energy head coach that is a tremendous recruiter.

3. A schedule conducive to winning ball games. No more games against Tarleton, Texas A&M Commerce, Grand Valley St., Findlay, etc. No chance to turn things around until they schedule some winnable games, kinda like William Jewell Alum Bill Snyder did at K State.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Dufresne View Post
          William Jewell Cardinals

1. A commitment to success in football from the School Administration.

2. A high energy head coach that is a tremendous recruiter.

3. A schedule conducive to winning ball games. No more games against Tarleton, Texas A&M Commerce, Grand Valley St., Findlay, etc. No chance to turn things around until they schedule some winnable games, kinda like William Jewell Alum Bill Snyder did at K State.
          Is there any news regarding the head coach position for the Cardinals? Is Lliteras going to get the interim tag removed, or are they still looking?

Comment

Originally posted by Bryon Ramos View Post
            Hope to see some participation from fans from all the schools!

What are your top 3 things you'd like to see for your team this off season?
            1. Truman will have to figure out QB1 and RB1 next year -- Schrader and Jefferson make the most sense in the backfield, but losing a four-year starter at QB in Barr will be a big hit. There hasn't been much the last four years from whoever the backup has been production-wise when they've gotten the chance, but both of the QBs they signed last year who redshirted this year put up big numbers in HS. Might be the start of another four-year QB.

2. A little more creativity with the offensive playbook. The past couple of years have featured pretty much a QB that can run, RBs that can catch, and TEs with good hands. Something missing? Ah, yes, WRs. Truman has struggled to get the ball downfield, so finding a way to keep CBs and safeties honest with a legitimate threat to throw more than 15 yards will really open up what's already a good run game.

3. A full D2 schedule. The games against the Drakes and the Valpos of the world are nice, but it clearly hindered Truman ever being part of the playoff conversation this year. Playing D2 non-con games and not just anybody can go a long way to making sure that a 9-2 season is legitimately a 9-2 season in the committee's eyes and not just 7-2.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post

1. Truman will have to figure out QB1 and RB1 next year -- Schrader and Jefferson make the most sense in the backfield, but losing a four-year starter at QB in Barr will be a big hit. There hasn't been much the last four years from whoever the backup has been production-wise when they've gotten the chance, but both of the QBs they signed last year who redshirted this year put up big numbers in HS. Might be the start of another four-year QB.

2. A little more creativity with the offensive playbook. The past couple of years have featured pretty much a QB that can run, RBs that can catch, and TEs with good hands. Something missing? Ah, yes, WRs. Truman has struggled to get the ball downfield, so finding a way to keep CBs and safeties honest with a legitimate threat to throw more than 15 yards will really open up what's already a good run game.

3. A full D2 schedule. The games against the Drakes and the Valpos of the world are nice, but it clearly hindered Truman ever being part of the playoff conversation this year. Playing D2 non-con games and not just anybody can go a long way to making sure that a 9-2 season is legitimately a 9-2 season in the committee's eyes and not just 7-2.

I wonder if they move Ben Watson back to QB and give him a shot. He's from the St. Charles area (St. Peters) and I got to watch him a lot in HS. I think he may be more athletic than Jaden Barr. He did really well at CB for the Bulldogs and made an immediate impact.

Completely agree about the full D2 schedule. The scheduling alliance with the GMAC will remedy a lot of that. If the MIAA opens their schedule up that would be even better (and a chance to renew a few old rivalries for Truman).
              Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by Bryon Ramos View Post

Is there any news regarding the head coach position for the Cardinals? Is Lliteras going to get the interim tag removed, or are they still looking?
                They are currently interviewing people is my understanding.

Comment

U Indy lost key standouts on the DL and at ILB. It was the OLs and DBs where they were so young last year. My offseason wish is they would look at JUCOs or at least kids they originally recruited that happen to now be transferring instead of targeting true frosh that would help out right away. The problem with privates relying on developing four year players is when they lose a few of those four year guys (like U Indy did on the OL) then they don't have developed or experienced back ups like the state schools do. A lot of years I can remember U Indy having just one CB penciled in on each side with no two deeps that were ready to go.

Comment

Comment

Thanks for you comments. Agreed that DLs and LBs are the on the wish list. Those were four experienced and talented players. Playing young guys is great but to to me that leaves them still a couple years from maturing at their positions as far as learning their assignments - and physically matured body. I thought both the Ball State and IU transfers were battling injury some? Thought the safeties have a lot of potential. As far as trenches, I think some of the OLs aren't "there yet" and the fact that the two graduating DLs were Indiana Top 50 Team is hard to replace. Anyways the transfer that did work out was at QB. Stancombe back for his sixth year is the scenario that has had me a little excited about next year. I envision he starts and the young guns are there to relieve him when necessary! And welcome to the boards.

Comment

Comment

UIndy is getting some nice commits via the twitter.

What does their non conference slate look like next year?
                          Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
                            UIndy is getting some nice commits via the twitter.

What does their non conference slate look like next year?
                            According to the GLVC's PDF, they've got Ashland, Hillsdale, and Lake Erie like last year. The fourth slot might be easier to fill this year since it's in Week 3.

Comment

I could see a GMAC team or Notre Dame ??

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X