Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLVC 2020 FB Season

The team-specific threads are awesome, but I thought it would also be helpful to piece together a generic 2020 season thread for all team / conference discussions as they come about.

To start, here are the revised non-conference schedules for each team. Three non-conference games and seven league games are allowed. The only team whose schedule hasn't cut a game yet listed is William Jewell, who still shows four non-conference games to start the season.

INDIANAPOLIS
    Sept. 3 - HOME vs. Ohio Dominican
    Sept. 12 - AWAY vs. Hillsdale
    Sept. 19 - BYE
    GLVC games weeks 4 - 10
    Nov. 14 (week 11) - AWAY vs. Kentucky Wesleyan

LINDENWOOD
    Sept. 3/5 - BYE
    Sept. 12 - HOME vs. Kentucky Wesleyan
    Sept. 19 - AWAY vs. Indiana State
    Sept. 26 - HOME vs. Tiffin
    GLVC games weeks 5 - 11

MCKENDREE
    Sept. 5 - HOME vs. Northern Michigan
    Sept. 12 - AWAY vs. Michigan Tech
    Sept. 19 - BYE
    Sept. 26 - AWAY vs. Delta State
    GLVC games weeks 5 - 11

MISSOURI S&T
    Sept. 5 - AWAY vs. South Dakota Mines
    Sept. 12 - HOME vs. Chadron State
    Sept. 19 - AWAY vs. Wayne State (Mich.)
    Sept. 26 - BYE
    GLVC games weeks 5 - 11

QUINCY
    Sept. 3/5 - BYE
    Sept. 12 - HOME vs. Mayville State
    Sept. 19 - HOME vs. Virginia-Lynchburg
    Sept. 26 - HOME vs. William Jewell (non-conference)
    GLVC games weeks 5 - 11

SOUTHWEST BAPTIST
    Sept. 5 - HOME vs. Kentucky State
    Sept. 12 - HOME vs. West Florida
    Sept. 19 - HOME vs. Kentucky Wesleyan
    Sept. 26 - BYE
    GLVC games weeks 5 - 11

TRUMAN STATE:
    Sept. 3/5 - BYE
    Sept. 12 - HOME vs. Saginaw Valley
    Sept. 19 - AWAY vs. William Jewell (non-conference)
    GLVC games weeks 4 - 10
    Nov. 14 (week 11) - AWAY vs. Davenport

**WILLIAM JEWELL:
    Sept. 5 - HOME vs. Colorado Mesa
    Sept. 12 - AWAY vs. Black Hills State
    Sept. 19 - HOME vs. Truman State (non-conference)
    Sept. 26 - AWAY vs. Quincy (non-conference)
    GLVC games weeks 5 - 11

Thanks for putting this together. I don't care for the inner conference non-conference match ups. Probably saves a lot of money though. Just hoping that Jewell isn't being quiet because they're weighing their budget options and considering a canceled season. Along with the whole idea of limiting attendance takes away a lot of the dynamic for a home field advantage?? I used to always say playing at home was worth 6 points. Now not so sure. Guess I'm getting more on board with delaying college football until a spring season.

Comment

This posted on the MIAA boards about their conference delaying the season: MIAA start of all intercollegiate athletic practices not until the week of August 31, with the start of competition delayed until the week of September 28.

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
      I think the MIAA has a great plan really...it gets kids back on campus, paying for school...not having numbers look bad in advance...gives the most amount of time to see if they can turn this around or not...if in Oct when is time to play the numbers are bad you cancel...in the meantime look how much more practice time you go in than anyone else...these are some smart folks...great thinking I hope the GLIAC is taking notes...serious..bravo well done!

Comment

https://glvcsports.com/news/2020/7/2...mpetition.aspx

GLVC plans for Fall sports.

Comment

GLIAC goes to conference only Fall schedules. GMAC down to 6 game schedules in football. Still no word from the GMAC sleepy heads in Indy.

Comment

Now more than ever teams with an indoor field will have a big jump on the spring season. Having one has already been an advantage in the midwest. Ashland U getting a new one. Their old one just for track? Tiffin, Saginaw Valley, Grand Valley, etc. got one. U Indy gave their indoor grass to a metro school and never replaced it?? Old U Indy pic:
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
            Last edited by michiganfb; 08-13-2020, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Some teams with a short fall season so how this gonna affect the GLVC teams without a fall "practice" season??

Comment

Originally posted by michiganfb View Post
                Now more than ever teams with an indoor field will have a big jump on the spring season. Having one has already been an advantage in the midwest. Ashland U getting a new one. Their old one just for track? Tiffin, Saginaw Valley, Grand Valley, etc. got one. U Indy gave their indoor grass to a metro school and never replaced it?? Old U Indy pic:
                UIndy's indoor bubble still has a good amount of turf for football training. Just not the entire field. Agree with you and would like to see a turf system for the inside of the track ASAP. Need to keep up with the Joneses.

Comment

Seems like it's a "no brainer". I like that they gave their turf to a struggling public prep school but getting a big indoor field greatly benefits five of their different athletic teams and puts them at a big disadvantage without compared to schools just a few hours south. Keevers told me once that the Indy football weather outside is good in the late fall and spring. As teams keep adding indoor fields he's gonna see a difference in where teams are at as far as preparation. .

Comment

Looks like 2021 GLVC Spring schedules starting up at the end of March. Likely only four conference games and then conference playoffs but would really like to see a national tournament. Still hoping for the best.
                    Last edited by TheDog; 10-09-2020, 10:20 AM. Reason: glvc specific

Comment

Originally posted by TheDog View Post
                      Looks like 2021 GLVC Spring schedules starting up at the end of March. Likely only four conference games and then conference playoffs but would really like to see a national tournament. Still hoping for the best.
                      Five games is a nice short spring season to turn around and play in the fall again. Know I would love to be handed another year of eligibility but how many 22-23 year olds are gonna see it that way when this college year consists of no group socialization and lots of other covid precautions. Also U Indy with so many guys already on the 5 year redshirt route and don't think those guys need another year to graduate. The yearning to have one more year of football a lot of times doesn't hit until a year or two out of school!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X