Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLVC Signees 2020-2021

Any early day signees around the conference today? This early signing day seems like a great opp to get new players officially lined up. Realize transfers fall in anytime over the next eight months but assuming Lindenwood already has a jump on their transfers. Lots of early commits from U Indy this year.

Originally posted by michiganfb View Post
    Any early day signees around the conference today? This early signing day seems like a great opp to get new players officially lined up. Realize transfers fall in anytime over the next eight months but assuming Lindenwood already has a jump on their transfers. Lots of early commits from U Indy this year.
    Not sure, but I don't think D2 has an early signing period, I could be way off on that.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post

Not sure, but I don't think D2 has an early signing period, I could be way off on that.
        They can announce transfers
        Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

They can announce transfers
          So sign but not announce?? Know Lindenwood relies on a ton of transfers but some of these from the article are prep players...

Eureka quarterback Carter Davis, Francis Howell defensive back Gus Hetzel, Francis Howell receiver and linebacker Jackson Hetzel and Francis Howell North defensive end Adel Mountassir all signed with the Lions on Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDog View Post

So sign but not announce?? Know Lindenwood relies on a ton of transfers but some of these from the article are prep players...

Sorry... .They can only officially sign and announce incoming transfer players.

The high school players mentioned in that article have all verbally committed to LU and posted it on their twitter accounts. That is where the author got their information. D2 schools cannot sign or officially announce their HS players until the February signing date.
            Cool Story Bro

Comment

Sorry... .They can only officially sign and announce incoming transfer players.

The high school players mentioned in that article have all verbally committed to LU and posted it on their twitter accounts. That is where the author got their information. D2 schools cannot sign or officially announce their HS players until the February signing date.
              Right. And thanks - we understood about signing and announcing transfers December 16. And see some transfers on the Lindenwood football twitter that are announced as signed last week.

We think that you are implying the prep players in the article claimed to have signed last week is an error by the author of the article.

Comment

Mountassir a 6-foot-5, 285-pound offensive and defensive lineman at Francis Howell North/St Charles St Louis that has an offer from Ball State plus Eastern and Southern Illinois and Navy if that's accurate.

Comment

Mountassir a 6-foot-5, 285-pound offensive and defensive lineman at Francis Howell North/St Charles St Louis that has an offer from Ball State plus Eastern and Southern Illinois and Navy if that's accurate.
                  It's accurate.

His HS line coach is a friend of mine, former LU football player himself. The dude is a stud. I'm stoked to see what he can do.

There's several guys that have verbally announced on twitter their intent to sign with LU, even more than mentioned in the article. It's a really, really nice class.
                  Cool Story Bro

Comment

It's accurate.

His HS line coach is a friend of mine, former LU football player himself. The dude is a stud. I'm stoked to see what he can do.

There's several guys that have verbally announced on twitter their intent to sign with LU, even more than mentioned in the article. It's a really, really nice class.
                    Hope you keep him on board. With Ball State winning the MAC this year I'd say it's a safe bet their recruiting will take a step up as far as the level of talent they attract. And it takes a different type of kid to join football with one of the armed forces programs. I'd be most concerned about FCS Illinois schools telling him he's D1 level.

Comment

Hope you keep him on board. With Ball State winning the MAC this year I'd say it's a safe bet their recruiting will take a step up as far as the level of talent they attract. And it takes a different type of kid to join football with one of the armed forces programs. I'd be most concerned about FCS Illinois schools telling him he's D1 level.
                      He is D1 level and he knows it.

LU competes with SIUE, WIU, Illinois State, etc for many of the same recruits so it's not anything new.

There's always a chance he could get poached, but I think he genuinely feels most comfortable with Stugart and this staff.

I remember when Ross was still here, he picked up a stud out of Florida, John Christopher. He even signed a LOI. Temple came along and offered him a spot. With it being an FBS offer, coach Ross knew he had to let the kid go. He ended up doing pretty good at temple. This was the same year we landed Connor Harris. He would've been a great weapon to have for the transition to the MIAA.
                      Cool Story Bro

Comment

Speaking of Temple, U Indy had a guy in 2018 that was a medical redshirt and needed a different grad school. He entered the transfer portal and Temple picked him up and he played for them right away. He had played a little in every game as a true frosh for U Indy.

I'm told D1 level plays as a true frosh for about every D2 school. With U Indy there's a handful each year that see the field as true frosh. Example McKeller had over 200 yards rushing v Grand Valley in his debut frosh game.

U Indy recruiting mainly competes with upper level D2s, Ivy League, Armed Forces, HBCUs, along with Ball State, Indiana State and the Illinois FCS schools you mentioned. Others take PWO offers from Purdue, Louisville and Indiana U mainly over the last few years. Marian NAIA gets the guys that are character or academic issues.

Comment

Speaking of Temple, U Indy had a guy in 2018 that was a medical redshirt and needed a different grad school. He entered the transfer portal and Temple picked him up and he played for them right away. He had played a little in every game as a true frosh for U Indy.

I'm told D1 level plays as a true frosh for about every D2 school. With U Indy there's a handful each year that see the field as true frosh. Example McKeller had over 200 yards rushing v Grand Valley in his debut frosh game.

U Indy recruiting mainly competes with upper level D2s, Ivy League, Armed Forces, HBCUs, along with Ball State, Indiana State and the Illinois FCS schools you mentioned. Others take PWO offers from Purdue, Louisville and Indiana U mainly over the last few years. Marian NAIA gets the guys that are character or academic issues.
                          Even guys like former Hounds Reece and Ruben (photo) were redshirted their freshman year. Almost every freshman is. McKeller and Bell are rare to letter first year. Most schools note redshirts in their rosters so it's something easy to check.

Click image for larger version

Name:	horn holcomb.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	555257

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X