Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLVC Predictions and Scrimmages

Does anyone know how that first week of scrimmages is going to work? Also, what are the predictions for the last week?

Truman at Indy
    Lindenwood at S&T
    William Jewell at McKendree
    Quincy at SBU

Believe there are different matchups for the scrimmage week. UIndy doesn't list their scrimmage week on their schedule but it's on the GLVC site if accurate.

Comment

Yes, the scrimmage matchups are different. Those are my picks for the last weekend 1W v 1E, 2E v 2W etc...

Scrimmages on March 27
      WJC at Quincy
      Lindenwood at SBU
      McKendree at Truman State
      S&T at Indy

Comment

Originally posted by McPick View Post
        Yes, the scrimmage matchups are different. Those are my picks for the last weekend 1W v 1E, 2E v 2W etc...

Scrimmages on March 27
        WJC at Quincy
        Lindenwood at SBU
        McKendree at Truman State
        S&T at Indy
        Gotcha. UIndy at Lindenwood will be the big game. UIndy experienced on offense but maybe as young as we've ever been on defense. If our offense can keep the ball we have a chance. Otherwise it will be a big task to come home with a win. We gotta believe in our team so I'll leave UIndy in the final. We're thinking Truman loses a close one to S&T on the road.

East vs West
        Quincy vs Southwest Bap
        McKendree vs Jewell
        Lindenwood vs Truman
        UIndy vs S&T

Comment

Hope I'm wrong but I'll go with Lindenwood over U Indy this year. Also, SWBap over Jewell.

Final week East/West
          Quincy / WJC
          McK / SWBap
          U Indy / S&T
          LW / Truman

Lindenwood over U Indy. Lindenwood with five or more new transfers and had 40 transfers on their last roster. Looks like transfers are the future of D2 football - proven upper classmen with a lot of game experience and recruited at positions you need to fill. West Florida had around 50. On the other side, U Indy is going to have 2 or 3 total transfers on their roster. One reason teams shy away from transfers is for better culture and loyalty. Another is these teams rely on and believe in development. Problem is when you lose a guy you were counting on from injury or any other reason, you fill that position with someone unproven and having less experience. And at D2 level especially for private schools, it's often an underclassman with less physical development. Advantage LW with their plethora of transfers.

Comment

Originally posted by michiganfb View Post
            Hope I'm wrong but I'll go with Lindenwood over U Indy this year. Also, SWBap over Jewell.

Final week East/West
            Quincy / WJC
            McK / SWBap
            U Indy / S&T
            LW / Truman

Lindenwood over U Indy. Lindenwood with five or more new transfers and had 40 transfers on their last roster. Looks like transfers are the future of D2 football - proven upper classmen with a lot of game experience and recruited at positions you need to fill. West Florida had around 50. On the other side, U Indy is going to have 2 or 3 total transfers on their roster. One reason teams shy away from transfers is for better culture and loyalty. Another is these teams rely on and believe in development. Problem is when you lose a guy you were counting on from injury or any other reason, you fill that position with someone unproven and having less experience. And at D2 level especially for private schools, it's often an underclassman with less physical development. Advantage LW with their plethora of transfers.

Interesting thought on the use of transfers at D2.

One thing I'll point out regarding LU's situation with transfers, is that they benefit from being located in the STL area. Many of the transfers are STL kids coming to LU to play ball closer to home. Many also have been recruited previously by the LU coaching staff so there's an established relationship and connection there. That in and of itself relieves some of the culture/chemistry concerns.

Of the 39 transfers, 13 are from the STL area.

This year is also a little different due to the shuttering of the Lindenwood-Belleville football program (LU St. Charles' sister school). 5 of the current 39 players are former LUB players. I would imagine being within the LU education system helped grease the wheels for a transition over to St. Charles.
            Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

Interesting thought on the use of transfers at D2.

One thing I'll point out regarding LU's situation with transfers, is that they benefit from being located in the STL area. Many of the transfers are STL kids coming to LU to play ball closer to home. Many also have been recruited previously by the LU coaching staff so there's an established relationship and connection there. That in and of itself relieves some of the culture/chemistry concerns.

Of the 39 transfers, 13 are from the STL area.

This year is also a little different due to the shuttering of the Lindenwood-Belleville football program (LU St. Charles' sister school). 5 of the current 39 players are former LUB players. I would imagine being within the LU education system helped grease the wheels for a transition over to St. Charles.
              All true - five out of 40 Lindenwood transfers from Belleville. Both schools with the advantage of being metro located. Know U Indy's transfers are normally guys that they originally recruited too.

U Indy works at recruiting as hard or harder than any other school I've kept track of, but a difference being it seems all their transfer stories are guys that contacted U Indy first because actively going after transfers isn't a part of U Indy's strategy. Lindenwood is recruiting transfers and making offers to transfers.

Comment

Originally posted by michiganfb View Post

All true - five out of 40 Lindenwood transfers from Belleville. Both schools with the advantage of being metro located. Know U Indy's transfers are normally guys that they originally recruited too.

U Indy works at recruiting as hard or harder than any other school I've kept track of, but a difference being it seems all their transfer stories are guys that contacted U Indy first because actively going after transfers isn't a part of U Indy's strategy. Lindenwood is recruiting transfers and making offers to transfers.
                With all due respect to both of you as far as recruiting info and location knowledge, Lindenwood did not originally recruit out of high school those transfers they have with hometowns in Texas, Arizona, Oregon, Colorado, Florida! Their prep offers are predominately local as are UIndy's. Lindenwood has multiple transfers out of each of those five states and 10 or so out of California. They get offers coming out of Community Colleges, JUCOs, and the transfer portal. Looks like Lindenwood will end up with 30-40 transfers and UIndy will end up with 3-4.

Comment

Still going with the Hounds over the Lions though this Spring Season! Gotta support the team.
                  Last edited by TheDog; 02-13-2021, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X