Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindenwood Opting Out??

Sounds like Lindenwood may be opting out of Spring Football. Hearing that they are banged up from the first two weeks of camp, and are not interested in playing the GLVC schedule that has been published. I am sure that the spring schedule is much less important to a veteran team vs a young team, but I would still see a chance to play the entire roster, just to see what you have, would help set the roster/depth charts/redshirts for the upcoming 2021 Fall Season.

Comment

Originally posted by HoundPound View Post
      Sounds like Lindenwood may be opting out of Spring Football. Hearing that they are banged up from the first two weeks of camp, and are not interested in playing the GLVC schedule that has been published. I am sure that the spring schedule is much less important to a veteran team vs a young team, but I would still see a chance to play the entire roster, just to see what you have, would help set the roster/depth charts/redshirts for the upcoming 2021 Fall Season.
      Surprises me if true. Every team has injuries. They look to have depth to me and who knows what their year and a half of new transfers can do. Looks to me they have a lot of guys that can play and it's only three games. Lindenwood is my pick to win the Spring Season. Play.

Comment

Lindenwood had several players personally opt out of the spring season. Not sure what is going on but got confirmation yesterday that they will not be playing a spring schedule

Comment

Terrible development. I think UIndy team hit by covid as hard as anyone. All together we believe there were three interruptions at UIndy that a coach described. Waiting for the official word from Lindenwood and hoping they decide to tough it out.

Comment

Originally posted by S&TMinerfan View Post
            Lindenwood had several players personally opt out of the spring season. Not sure what is going on but got confirmation yesterday that they will not be playing a spring schedule
            Lindenwood forfeiting all their Spring Season scheduled games.

Checked the ESPN schedules and see the Lindenwood v Southwest Baptist game is cancelled. Checked the Lindenwood webpage and "Due to injuries at critical positions, we believe it is in the best interest of our football program and student-athletes to engage in a traditional spring practice schedule and focus on preparations for the fall season".

So five games are lost - the countable cross division game this Saturday, the three games in the East Division, and whoever gets paired up with a winless Lindenwood in the championship week.

Comment

That is what I would do if I were running the Lindenwood program.

Comment

Wondering if any GLVC teams can pick up a game with Lindenwood announcing so late to forfeit all of the GLVC Spring Season?

Comment

I'm adjusting my finish predictions now that Lindenwood forfeited all their games due to injuries:

U Indy with a ton of key guys out (McK, Strickland, Matio, Peterson, Borske, more?) but I'll still take U Indy's program tradition to win it all. S&T and Truman are a toss up but I'll go with Truman because I like the small town programs. McKendree over Quincy because they have that matchup at home although I'd like to see Quincy win that one and finish above McKendree. And pulling for Jewell over Southwest Bap too but Bap should win that one as hard as they recruit Texas etc.

1) U Indy
                  2) Truman
                  3) S&T
                  4) McKendree
                  5) Southwest Bap
                  6) Quincy
                  7) Jewell
                  8) Lindenwood

Comment

Originally posted by TheDog View Post
                    Wondering if any GLVC teams can pick up a game with Lindenwood announcing so late to forfeit all of the GLVC Spring Season?
                    Could they pick up a game with a non-conference opponent?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Could they pick up a game with a non-conference opponent?
                      Looks like none of the GLVC teams that lost a game picked up a game. Without a scrimmage, some dropped from five to three games. Makes for a short spring season.

Comment

Originally posted by michiganfb View Post
                        I'm adjusting my finish predictions now that Lindenwood forfeited all their games due to injuries:

U Indy with a ton of key guys out (McK, Strickland, Matio, Peterson, Borske, more?) but I'll still take U Indy's program tradition to win it all. S&T and Truman are a toss up but I'll go with Truman because I like the small town programs. McKendree over Quincy because they have that matchup at home although I'd like to see Quincy win that one and finish above McKendree. And pulling for Jewell over Southwest Bap too but Bap should win that one as hard as they recruit Texas etc.

1) U Indy
                        2) Truman
                        3) S&T
                        4) McKendree
                        5) Southwest Bap
                        6) Quincy
                        7) Jewell
                        8) Lindenwood
                        According to the posted Two Deeps you're accurate on those five out. All potential starters. And McKeller the potential D2 POY. Geesh

Comment

Originally posted by TheDog View Post

And McKeller the potential D2 POY. Geesh
                          ?

Comment

They're being quiet on the McKeller absence? U Indy had to move a WR to RB. McKeller solid back up back Clinton not there either. WR Mateo did play. But add Mavungu and now Hall to the injury list - their two better DBs? And Buisman! That's seven key guys. Doubt if Lindenwood had that many out to forfeit the season but don't know.

My take on the game: Sounded like Quincy had some new young guys on the OL so don't know if U Indy DL that good or not yet. They controlled the game. And left side of U Indy OL McHale, Singh and Alexis was 75% of the runs. After a slow start what did look good were the U Indy receivers. Bell quicker than snot. Matio sneaky getting open. Bentley getting his feet wet. HBack and TE caught passes. Hot read to Derrick. And Topper so consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by michiganfb View Post

1) U Indy
                              2) Truman
                              3) S&T
                              4) McKendree
                              5) Southwest Bap
                              6) Quincy
                              7) Jewell
                              8) Lindenwood
                              Great showing by Jewell last night vs S&T. Had some breaks go against them but playing young guys in key positions so future looks bright if they can build some depth. Southwest Bap vs Jewell should be a good one that last week.

And hats off to the online productions by Jewell and Southwest Baptist. Both with experienced guys on the audio and thanks to SBU for turning on Truman's radio feed. If teams have to use or want to use students for training experience then at least they could pair them with an older guy that sees something and naturally talks. Students seem to try to find plays that match phrases they already have in their head or they labor through painfully long sentences?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X