Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U Indy may be better next season. The OL and DBs will both be better for sure. RB Toriano Clinton will be physically bigger. WRs Bell and Matio are four year guys that will make big plays and Topper will catch everything they throw to him. That's a lot of big play options. The Hback from Idaho Sarabia will be a go to guy next year. D will be quicker but possibly undersized.

OL: Gone from last year is the preseason All American Center that left for grad school or job and the OG transfer that started for Louisville. They were good last year. Building some depth (again) this year if they can keep the RSJrs around. Everyone is back next year with four back at OG with the true frosh Alexis, RSJrs Graham and Ball and RS Frosh Clark. Still a work in progress. Saw the OL coach so mad once during the Hillsdale game that he couldn't speak.
    DB: Love the safeties with the youngsters Hall and Strickland plus hitman Steeby. CB is still their weakness but should be better next year with guys getting some experience and DC is the CB coach I believe. Need to make plays and stop getting beat long.
    DL: Next year two BIG contributers are gone in DLs Schmatz and Weathers. But some depth here too. Who steps up here will be interesting. DT Jones for sure. Need game changers on the DL and not just "guys we can use". Need some more size too.
    LB: They're fine at OLB with two quick guys that need to bulk up a little to handle off tackle and HBack/TEs. ILB positions loses two great ones though. Henderson looks great for a frosh but needs to put on the weight. Biggest pleasant surprise for me in 2019 (along with their special teams) is how good LB Parson looks. He and Lambright at ILB will be the other BIG holes to fill next year.
    RB: Wow. McKeller and TC will be stronger and rotation will keep each other fresh. Teams need 3 so it will be interesting to see who's ready to join the dynamic duo next year. Lambright, Schmatz and Weathers were all Indiana Top 50 Team.
    QB: Love how Edwards is an escape artist and hits guys on the run. Seen some underthrows by him this year but the scrambling until he finds an open guy is what sets him apart. It's like he is playing backyard football and everyone else realizes it and reacts.
    TE/HBack: Love how Edwards is throwing the ball around. Seen a few to the TE and HBack Sarabia plus backs. Feel this is what they need to become the complete offense. The big 6'6" Eastern Michigan TE graduates and theyll ned to find someone there.
    WR: Mo Robinson YACs are what's new this year. A bunch of young WRs ready to step in too like Bentley and Peterson. Matio has the uncanny ability to get wide open - smart. Bell cuts quicker than snot. Topper has body control. Add the Hback and TE into the mix and look out next year!
    Special Teams: Just want to say my fav part of this team is how Tyree Lee (RB rotation) gets down on kickoffs. Double wow. They got a true frosh punter that was an Indiana Top 50. Buisman is back next year that does all the kicking too.
    Last edited by michiganfb; 10-22-2019, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Wondering if any of the QBs are injured?? Of course Edwards is the guy this year. As far as next year Leffew throws a nice ball. Stancombe has experience but likely graduates. Misner was the big name in prep school. Love it when McKeller lines up at pistol - he was a QB in Jr Hi.

Comment

Looking at Lindenwood again and I'm jelly of their stadium. They built their support building in the endzone like U Indy should have instead of on the side. Lindy has club seating inside it and a lot of seats outside in front of the building. I hate how U Indy's club seating is at field level. On the field in the endzone is the worst place to see a game. Also at Lindenwood they dug a hole to sit the stadium in so there's a berm for overflow seating or folks that just like the grass. Cuz I also hate how there's no seating choices at U Indy. If I get there late it's full and I have to stand. What U Indy does have is seats up high and Lindenwood doesn't. If I can get there early enough I get a good view of the game like at Wayne State. Also no track at Lindenwood and nice college feel with all the brick. I give it an A- grade.

Also thanks for the private messages. Glad to know I'm not the only guy interested in U Indy on here. I would invite you guys to post on the board again like the old days.

Comment

Comment

Great to see a new name on the board!

Really hope to see more of you guys come out of the wood work :)

I'm trying to bring a little more attention to the conference as I sincerely believe it's getting better. UIndy has the most to do with that; the rising tide raises all of the boats. Bringing in Lindenwood will help too as they'll be a consistent challenger for the conference title as well. I like what Truman and MoST has done in the past few years in building their program with recruiting and development. Having success makes recruiting a little easier (regardless of the conference). Hoping that they can put together a consistent product as well.

I'll try to stay pretty even keel and do my best to hide my LU bias in my blogs and whenever I'm posting from this account. I make no promises about hiding biases when posting from my bigsig account though, lol!

I think UIndy has something special this year. I don't expect them to lose anymore games for the rest of the year, although I think LU will give them their best test as they're the only team that can come close to matching them from a skill position talent wise.

Comment

Comment

My take:
                Truman had success with the short passes against U Indy like Lindenwood did. Don't know why the U Indy OLBs/DBs don't cover the RB coming out of the backfield?!? Except that they are young. Can't keep sending LBs if short passing game isn't covered. Good thing is that they play young two deeps half the time at DB/OLB positions so they'll be in good shape in future years.

Same with the OL as far as underclassmen. Very fortunate they've had no season ending injuries on the OL other than Ball. But next year those young OL guys will be experienced plus have an offseason to grow into it. OLs and DBs are too young this year. Thought Lindenwood did a great job bringing in new experienced guys this year to add some depth. I don't expect U Indy to bring in any transfers or JUCOs year to year. Keevers has said the past few years they haven't actively recruited transfers. The transfers out there need to make the initial contact. That leaves me worried about depth each year.

Of course there's the transfer QB Edwards and a few others at U Indy like the TE from Eastern Michigan etc. At Lindenwood Edwards missed some open passes and I heard he wanted blame for the loss. My feeling is he's allowed to have an off game because when he's on he's a difference maker. Turn him loose and let him make some mistakes because he's also going to make some magic. And hopefully he'll keep passing it around to the TEs and multiple WRs. To me that's the key to a playoff run - along with covering the short passing game on D.
                Last edited by michiganfb; 11-15-2019, 09:42 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X