Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UIndy picked to win conference

It's good to be back!

I'd like to apologize for my long absence in GLVC world. Despite what some may assume, it was not due to the pandemic or Lindenwood's opting out of Spring football. I would've had to take a hiatus regardless due to some personal family issues.

But....

Things are starting to calm down, and we're trying to get back to normal as a country.

I will have a season preview posted in the week prior to the opening games. I look forward to diving back in!

I think a good starting point is a quick recap of the GLVC media day and the unveiling of the preseason coaches poll!

https://glvcsports.com/news/2021/7/3...all-title.aspx

2021 GLVC FOOTBALL PRESEASON POLL
    Place School Points (first-place votes)
    1. Indianapolis 47 (5)
    2. Lindenwood 44 (3)
    3. Truman 37
    4. Missouri S&T 32
    5. McKendree 24
    6. Southwest Baptist 19
    7. William Jewell 12
    8. Quincy 9
    Last edited by Bryon Ramos; 08-05-2021, 08:52 AM.

Good to have you back and looking forward to the season preview

Comment

Looking forward to this conference actually. Seems to be well balanced with Indy and LU frontrunners; but overall league should be close all season

Comment

Originally posted by JWill_Fit View Post
        Looking forward to this conference actually. Seems to be well balanced with Indy and LU frontrunners; but overall league should be close all season
        UIndy very young this year. 75% are freshman?!

Comment

75% are freshman?

Comment

Originally posted by pigeonhill25 View Post
            75% are freshman?
            Yes, very close to it. Was at 73% Fr and RS-Fr mid summer. Now looks like at 71% and 17 that aren't Fr/RS-Fr are So or RS-So.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDog View Post

Yes, very close to it. Was at 73% Fr and RS-Fr mid summer. Now looks like at 71% and 17 that aren't Fr/RS-Fr are So or RS-So.
              Here's a break down of the Greyhounds roster.

89 of 130 are Freshman or RS freshman. So 68% currently. I have to be honest thought, with the adjustments to eligibility and the missing year, I don't know what to make of this. Are there standards for how teams have to list their players classes? Is it by experience or academics? I'm also curious to find out what other teams in the conference sit. I'm working on finishing my preseason article today, so I might do a little work on this for S&G's

Fr. 66
              Jr. 6
              R-Fr. 23
              R-Jr. 11
              R-So. 13
              R-Sr. 4
              So. 4
              Sr. 3
              Grand Total 130

Comment

It's by eligibility. For example, some of the R-JRs will be departing academic seniors - a lot of the time if not on scholarship. It was 71% last week and 73% a two months ago. I'm checking your numbers if I get the chance! Spring Season our defense was really young but three of the DB starters that missed Spring will be back this fall. Can't say the same for the receivers that went down during the Spring Season.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDog View Post
                  It's by eligibility. For example, some of the R-JRs will be departing academic seniors - a lot of the time if not on scholarship. It was 71% last week and 73% a two months ago. I'm checking your numbers if I get the chance! Spring Season our defense was really young but three of the DB starters that missed Spring will be back this fall. Can't say the same for the receivers that went down during the Spring Season.
                  I don't see Matio on the roster at all. Bell is still on the roster, but I don't think he's going to be ready to start the year. I wonder if him being on the roster means he has a chance to play later this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryon Ramos View Post

I don't see Matio on the roster at all. Bell is still on the roster, but I don't think he's going to be ready to start the year. I wonder if him being on the roster means he has a chance to play later this year.
                    Starting receivers Matio, Bell, Topper and Sarabia (tight end) were all expected back for Fall 2021 but now all gone. Matio, Bell and Sarabia injured in the final game and won't be back. Topper might have been covid-related. Matio and Sarabia won't play football again. Bell promised to return better than ever in 2022.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X