Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week one preview

https://www.d2football.com/2021-glvc-week-one-preview/

Talk about some tough opponents for our GLVC guys in week 1! It wont take long after this week to see where the conference stands against some of the countries best. Playing three of arguably the top four teams from the LSC conference this week. WJC also goes on a long trip to play one of the top RMAC schools as of late; add in two games versus GLIAC teams and you have a bear of a schedule for the conference. The only non D2 game features a young Indianapolis team vs one of the NAIA top programs. Will be great to see all the teams back on the field and see where they stand!

Lindenwood vs Angelo State: I see a close back and forth game here. Ultimately I believe Brister and Co. do enough to pull off a narrow victory.
    WJC @ Colorado Mesa: WJC has proven they can score some points, but I think defense is the difference in this game.
    Missouri S&T @ S.D. Mines: This one will be interesting, I think the young defense of S&T gained enough experience this spring to pull off the road W.
    Southwest Baptist vs UTPB: Long trip for UTPB, SBU will be able to score some points should be closer than some may think, but I think UTPB heads back to West TX with a W.
    Truman State @ Davenport: Two teams I see as fairly evenly matched. I think the difference will be home field and no long bus trip.
    McKendree vs N. Michigan: Another close game that could go either way. I am going to stick with the home team again long bus trips tend to make teams start off slower.
    Quincy vs Midwestern State: MSU has to much speed for QU in this one. MSU big.
    Indianapolis @ St. Xavier: Will Indy have enough WRs to hold St. X honest on defense? Either way I like the Hounds to bring home a W.

Comment

Originally posted by d2fan31 View Post
      Talk about some tough opponents for our GLVC guys in week 1! It wont take long after this week to see where the conference stands against some of the countries best. Playing three of arguably the top four teams from the LSC conference this week. WJC also goes on a long trip to play one of the top RMAC schools as of late; add in two games versus GLIAC teams and you have a bear of a schedule for the conference. The only non D2 game features a young Indianapolis team vs one of the NAIA top programs. Will be great to see all the teams back on the field and see where they stand!

Lindenwood vs Angelo State: I see a close back and forth game here. Ultimately I believe Brister and Co. do enough to pull off a narrow victory.
      WJC @ Colorado Mesa: WJC has proven they can score some points, but I think defense is the difference in this game.
      Missouri S&T @ S.D. Mines: This one will be interesting, I think the young defense of S&T gained enough experience this spring to pull off the road W.
      Southwest Baptist vs UTPB: Long trip for UTPB, SBU will be able to score some points should be closer than some may think, but I think UTPB heads back to West TX with a W.
      Truman State @ Davenport: Two teams I see as fairly evenly matched. I think the difference will be home field and no long bus trip.
      McKendree vs N. Michigan: Another close game that could go either way. I am going to stick with the home team again long bus trips tend to make teams start off slower.
      Quincy vs Midwestern State: MSU has to much speed for QU in this one. MSU big.
      Indianapolis @ St. Xavier: Will Indy have enough WRs to hold St. X honest on defense? Either way I like the Hounds to bring home a W.
      Truman State and McKendree should be able to pull off big wins for the GLVC. Good luck to Lindenwood but they probably don't need it with two Harlan Hill candidates!

Comment

Rough start for our GLVC teams going 0-3 on the night! Hopefully, we can rebound and get some Wins on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by d2fan31 View Post
          Rough start for our GLVC teams going 0-3 on the night! Hopefully, we can rebound and get some Wins on Saturday.
          I was thinking two wins for the GLVC on Thursday and three on Saturday. Looks good to take wins in Michigan. This might be Truman's year if S&T, Lindy, and UIndy are all down.

Comment

A lot going on GLVC wise in this early season. Quincy with three scores playing Midwestern even in the first half! Truman with a big win over the GLIAC. McKendree at home down two scores in the first half. Lindenwood rusty on the offense like Bryon thought. UIndy taking their Chicago players home for some Saturday night action... (Tiffin up big on Marian)

Comment

Truman being the only team that picked up a win that counts for playoff consideration is a bit disappointing for the league in week 1. Hopefully we get a bounce back week league-wide next Saturday before the GLVC/GMAC games start in week 3.

Comment

U Indy game analysis: Meh

Defense: Too much blitzing again this year. Both starting DEs already out game one?? Not enough experience yet on the corners. Young on the D overall.

Offense: No mismatches without Topper and Bell. Missed Matio's magic routes too. QB needs to add the tuck and run threat. A long out on third and one??

Special Teams: Buisman looks good at all three kicks. Lafree probably went to kick for Temple when Buisman started kicking into the end zone?? Maybe saving Clinton KO returns for big games?? Like to see him return kicks.

Opponent: Coach Feminis has a nice clean program at St Xavier. From what I can see so does Sienna Heights, Concordia and Ind Wesleyan with quality programs in that league compared to what you see every year from Marian. Also thought the St X stream announcers were professional and quality guys.

Comment

Originally posted by michiganfb View Post
                  U Indy game analysis: Meh

Defense: Too much blitzing again this year. Both starting DEs already out game one?? Not enough experience yet on the corners. Young on the D overall.

Offense: No mismatches without Topper and Bell. Missed Matio's magic routes too. QB needs to add the tuck and run threat. A long out on third and one??

Special Teams: Buisman looks good at all three kicks. Lafree probably went to kick for Temple when Buisman started kicking into the end zone?? Maybe saving Clinton KO returns for big games?? Like to see him return kicks.

Opponent: Coach Feminis has a nice clean program at St Xavier. From what I can see so does Sienna Heights, Concordia and Ind Wesleyan with quality programs in that league compared to what you see every year from Marian. Also thought the St X stream announcers were professional and quality guys.
                  I second the Meh .... Worse than Meh in the first half .... But first game, young team, road game, tragic loss of former player, covid, whatever else you can excuse a slow start on, I guess.
                  Defensive line just got a little thinner after practice yesterday. Really feel for the young man, devastating injury.
                  I agree with too much Blitzing, but I don't think they are coordinator called blitzes. I think the linebacker play is designed to be incredibly downhill, its not read and react, its more like react and react, sometimes I say guess and react. I am not knocking it, they have had a ton of success with it, just to the observer it looks a lot like a ton of Blitzing, I have been told it is not, more a coached style of play. I have no problem with an aggressive defense, watched too much Lovie Smith cover two to ever wish my team didn't play so aggressive on defense. I personally think the corner backs, safeties, OLB are solid. They just cannot be expected to cover guys with zero pressure on the quarterback.
                  Offense, we will miss Bell for sure, not going to replace that, some guys have potential, but Bell was a known commodity. Topper and Matio, I think we have guys that can step into their roles and perform up to their level. QB will be solid all year, he isn't a threat to tuck and run, but I will live with that when you have rock solid decision making. Having solid Quarterback play is a huge deal, watched a little of the Lindenwood game, and it didn't look like their guy was making the best decisions, putting them in an early hole that they could not get out of. Offensively I would have liked to see us stick with the run a little more than we did, especially in the first half, but for some reason we feel like we wont look smart if we call the same play more than twice a possession even though the defense has shown zero chance of stopping it.
                  Special Teams looked good.
                  Opponent looking forward to see how we match up against someone we know is good!

Comment

This is something else for UIndy. We can't remember any other year with so many offensive starters out. There was a year 2007 with the two top returning receivers out before the season started (Russel and Sanford) plus it seems a RB out (Link?) but nothing like this year - Topper, Bell, Matio, Sarabria out and McKeller with the crazy off-season issues. Didn't forget McHale. That's six starters before the season ever started. This year we'll find out if we're a team that just reloads or a team that has to rebuild. Could be Truman's year.

Comment

I'm not ready to say that Lindenwood is down just yet. Angelo State's defense is the real deal. I think they have a legit shot at winning the LSC this year with those linebackers.
                      UIndy will be fine offensively as long as Clinton stays healthy. They do need to figure out what to do at receiver though. Standcombe seems like a solid QB, but he needs someone to step up and fill the shoes of Bell or Matio.
                      I really thought we'd see more throwing from Truman with Nolan Hair, but I guess you don't need to if Schrader is going to run for 200+.
                      S&T should've probably blown Mines out of the water, but they handed that game to them on a platter.
                      You gotta feel bad for Quincy.... It looked like they were going to score 60 on MSU before Harris went down. I really hope he's ok. He's a good player.
                      Where did Turner Pullen go? He had a rough spring too. Doesn't look like the same guy.
                      Callis is going to compete with Brister for OPOY in the conference. He might put up huge numbers because I don't trust his defense.
                      Coach McGlinchey has a big task in trying to build that Cardinal's program. I would just throw it long to Jaggwe every play, lol.
                      Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
                        I'm not ready to say that Lindenwood is down just yet. Angelo State's defense is the real deal. I think they have a legit shot at winning the LSC this year with those linebackers.
                        UIndy will be fine offensively as long as Clinton stays healthy. They do need to figure out what to do at receiver though. Standcombe seems like a solid QB, but he needs someone to step up and fill the shoes of Bell or Matio.
                        I really thought we'd see more throwing from Truman with Nolan Hair, but I guess you don't need to if Schrader is going to run for 200+.
                        S&T should've probably blown Mines out of the water, but they handed that game to them on a platter.
                        You gotta feel bad for Quincy.... It looked like they were going to score 60 on MSU before Harris went down. I really hope he's ok. He's a good player.
                        Where did Turner Pullen go? He had a rough spring too. Doesn't look like the same guy.
                        Callis is going to compete with Brister for OPOY in the conference. He might put up huge numbers because I don't trust his defense.
                        Coach McGlinchey has a big task in trying to build that Cardinal's program. I would just throw it long to Jaggwe every play, lol.
                        I might be wrong about the ASU defense as Chadron is currently shredding them and up 21-0 late in the first half.

Hoping that's not a bad sign for my lions.

Truman looked really good vs Wayne State. I think they may be for real
                        Cool Story Bro

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X