Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 2 preview

https://www.d2football.com/glvc-week...ew-2021-09-10/

Alvastia McWho? U Indy's Toriano Clinton looks better than McKeller to me and without the baggage. McKeller slower but a bigger stronger every down physical back that isn't gonna get roughed up. But Clinton has that rare burst of speed change of direction and looks physically stronger each year. I wouldn't be surprised if Clinton led the country in rushing this year after leading the country in KO returns two years ago.

Truman State having themselves a season. GMAC cross games vs Hillsdale and Tiffin will be big for Truman. Hillsdale/Truman, Wayne State/S&T and U Indy/Tiffin are all big games. Hillsdale had success running the QB vs U Indy - and Tiffin will take that to the next level. To me U Indy playing their base 4-3 and running a LB into the gap takes the LB out of the play. I'd give a LB free reign sideline to sideline or even shadow the Tiffin QB. U Indy QB on the other hand only one called run and doesn't seem to have the green light to scramble when he could or should? Tiffin with the two D1 transfer RBs and two capable receivers. U Indy with their four expected starting Sr receivers out and now three starting senior DLs out is just ridiculous. It's asking a lot out of their youngsters both sides of the ball.

Comment

A little better week for the conference. Was good to see Truman State continue playing well this season. Indianapolis got a tough Win on the road. The other two wins for the conference should have been expected. The week went about as expected. Hopefully, the conference represents well against the GMAC.

Comment

Thinking the UIndy cross-conference Tiffin game just went from bad to worse for the Hounds. The one sure thing we were relying on was our home field advantage with normal big crowds but yesterday UIndy Admin announced that stadium seating will be limited to 75% capacity. They suggested the berms outside the track or standing outside the barriers. Already hearing this is detouring folks from attending. Along with already we have eight senior starters out that we were counting on this year. Hope we can make a game of it.

Comment

Those berms are all of two feet high if that. That's why hardly anyone is ever there. And if people standing at the barriers they block your view so might as well be field level at the Greyhound Club. I'd go early and be one of the 75% sitting up high in the stadium seats. U Indy and Wayner with better seating than Grand Valley and Ashland because they let you sit up high.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDog View Post
            Thinking the UIndy cross-conference Tiffin game just went from bad to worse for the Hounds. The one sure thing we were relying on was our home field advantage with normal big crowds but yesterday UIndy Admin announced that stadium seating will be limited to 75% capacity. They suggested the berms outside the track or standing outside the barriers. Already hearing this is detouring folks from attending. Along with already we have eight senior starters out that we were counting on this year. Hope we can make a game of it.
            That game was nothing like the crowds U Indy gets. They could have used fans in a tight game like that. That's on their admin. I don't know of any other schools limiting outside crowds right now.

The sub DLs held up better than I thought and even caused problems for Tiffin. By their reaction, don't think Tiffin liked playing another physical team. A lot going on in that game. Buisman has been top notch and normally makes those and a deflected pass off a guys back for a pick six was crazy. That game could have gone either way and I think U Indy would beat them in the playoffs. Congrats to the GMAC for going 4-3.

Comment

Crazy: The "off the helmet deflection pick six" and "scramble for his life completed long pass" were the two crazy plays that beat us. Only Stancombe's 2nd pick in forever and it went like that. Gave their QB Watson fits with DL subs and he didn't make it through the whole game. If we get even two of the three injured DLs we're a different team. We almost doubled them 388-220 in total offense, 24-13 in first downs, and had a big 14:00 time of possession advantage (37:00 to 23:00).

Tiffin without QB Watson next week should be a Truman win.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDog View Post
                Crazy: The "off the helmet deflection pick six" and "scramble for his life completed long pass" were the two crazy plays that beat us. Only Stancombe's 2nd pick in forever and it went like that. Gave their QB Watson fits with DL subs and he didn't make it through the whole game. If we get even two of the three injured DLs we're a different team. We almost doubled them 388-220 in total offense, 24-13 in first downs, and had a big 14:00 time of possession advantage (37:00 to 23:00).

Tiffin without QB Watson next week should be a Truman win.
                What happened to TU QB? Saw their backup finished the game but still played pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post

What happened to TU QB? Saw their backup finished the game but still played pretty well.
                  Don't know. He took some big hits and ended up sitting with an ice bag on his knee I think I saw. Wouldn't be surprised if he was out next week or not at 100%.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X