Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 7 preview

Here you go!

Tear it apart if you like... at least I know you read it. Lol!

https://www.d2football.com/glvc-week...ew-2021-10-13/

Don't over think Lindenwood almost losing to Quincy. Seems Quincy and Jewell have a close game or two with upper tier teams every year. I will say it seems the GLVC has some good coaching sprinkled top to bottom. U Indy and Lindenwood will probably come down to whoever has the ball last.

Comment

Originally posted by michiganfb View Post
      Don't over think Lindenwood almost losing to Quincy. Seems Quincy and Jewell have a close game or two with upper tier teams every year. I will say it seems the GLVC has some good coaching sprinkled top to bottom. U Indy and Lindenwood will probably come down to whoever has the ball last.
      I suppose... if the Lions hold onto the ball, they beat Quincy convincingly. Although, if Tionne Harris wasn't so generous with Kai Ross (threw him 3 picks), Quincy wins that game handedly.

I think Quincy is better than many had pegged them to be at the beginning of the season. Their offensive skill players are good, and their OL and DL are better than I thought. They do miss Andrew Houston in the secondary. Will they be able to knock off SBU and McKendree to get to 6 wins? I think they have a legit chance, as both of their defenses give up big plays and that's what QU thrives on.

Lindenwood has relied on it's defense to take the ball away, which they've done well. UIndy takes care of the ball... that's what gives me pause as a Lions fan. LU has to get off the field on third down, which they haven't done a good job of; they're 6th in the conference while the Hounds are first in converting 3rd downs. LU will be able to move the ball, but if UIndy decides to make them one dimensional and take away the run or pass, it allows them opportunities to scheme their way off the field.

Overall, I've just not seen LU dominate teams the way a really good team should yet. They've played a tough schedule sure, but there's two teams on their schedule (KWU and QU) I feel they should've been much more dominant against. UIndy has b-slapped the bad teams on their schedule. Their defeats have been by the narrowest of margins against worthy competition. They could easily be undefeated with some more fortunate bounces of the ball.

These Lions have surprised me before however. Stugart has a way to get the best out of them at the most important times. As a fan, I hope he can do that again.
      Cool Story Bro

Comment

Any injury report from Lindenwood? Anybody know if UIndy TE Thomas is out today? He's not on the Two Deeps. And going to end up 275 if he doesn't get back on the field soon! Also UIndy with their #0 and #99 out today - along with the already known #1 Bell and the plethora of receivers. WR #0 Ponder looked the best over the summer and DT #99 looked tops spring season.

Comment

Another crazy week in the GLVC! Southwest Baptist with the biggest shocker of the week, playing their best game of the year to knock off a Truman State team that had been putting together a heck of a season. S&T came away with a win, but probably not in the convincing manner that we/they would expect. Then a nail biter up in Quincy where McKendree shows they are still going to be a tough out for everyone following a slow start to the season. Finally, the game of the week did not disappoint as Lindenwod over comes a large half time deficit to take strangle hold on the conference going into the home stretch.

Lindenwood appears to be the lone shot the conference has for a playoff spot this season. After that it appears Indianapolis is the second best team in the conference. Then to me on any given Saturday the next five teams can all beat each other. William Jewell appears to be going through some growing pains after showing some promise in the Spring of 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by d2fan31 View Post
            Another crazy week in the GLVC! Southwest Baptist with the biggest shocker of the week, playing their best game of the year to knock off a Truman State team that had been putting together a heck of a season. S&T came away with a win, but probably not in the convincing manner that we/they would expect. Then a nail biter up in Quincy where McKendree shows they are still going to be a tough out for everyone following a slow start to the season. Finally, the game of the week did not disappoint as Lindenwod over comes a large half time deficit to take strangle hold on the conference going into the home stretch.

Lindenwood appears to be the lone shot the conference has for a playoff spot this season. After that it appears Indianapolis is the second best team in the conference. Then to me on any given Saturday the next five teams can all beat each other. William Jewell appears to be going through some growing pains after showing some promise in the Spring of 2021.
            Pretty fair summary of where we are. I think I'm most surprised by SBU's defensive effort in limiting Truman State. Bulldogs only averaged 3.6 ypc, well below their season average.

I'm not real certain what's going on with S&T and their QB situation, but it seems a bit unsettled.

The Quincy/McKendree game was wild. All Quincy had to do was get a stop on just one of the Bearcats last 5 drives, or not throw 1 of the two picks. Or just figure out how to get a first down on one of the two times they went 3 and out. That was just an all around collapse by QU and a hell of a comeback by McKendree.

Lindenwood certainly controls their own destiny. If they win out, they should get an invite to the dance. But that's no sure thing, even with the biggest obstacles on the schedule behind them. A lot will depend on how long Cade is out and/or how well Cole Dugger can play in his absence. Early returns on Dugger are certainly positive. Cade was shown on the GLVC broadcast on the sideline on crutches, but hopefully that was precautionary.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X