Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindenwood at GVSU

Anyone wanna talk about it?

Do the Lions even have a chance considering they're on their 3rd string QB?

Cool Story Bro

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
    Anyone wanna talk about it?

Do the Lions even have a chance considering they're on their 3rd string QB?
    Of course . Still 19-23 year olds playing , anything can happen . I think the unknown of never playing
    Each other will make this a good game

Comment

Most of us know little about Lwood. I suspect the Lwood contingent might know more about GV. So anything to share from the Lwood contingent? And anyone making the trek to Allendale? I recall one poster asking about the area????

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
        Most of us know little about Lwood. I suspect the Lwood contingent might know more about GV. So anything to share from the Lwood contingent? And anyone making the trek to Allendale? I recall one poster asking about the area????
        Yeah, that was me asking. It doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make it with work though.

My alter ego on the messages boards is the writer for the GLVC conference. I've just had this MB moniker since the NAIA board days (2004ish?) so I'm kind of attached lol

Outside of SDSU, this will be by far the toughest opponent Lindenwood has faced all year. From what I can tell in doing my research for my article this week, GVSU seems to play great defense (not NW or Harding level, but definitely the next tier) and elite level offense. They like to run the ball and do it well with a balanced attack between the QB and RBs. They are efficient and effective in the passing game as needed (they just don't need to very often). They are also VERY tough against the run (<100 ypg).

Lindenwood has been different teams at different times this year. After not playing a game since their playoff exit in 2019, I think it took a while for them to figure it out. Their leader on offense (Cade Brister) went down about halfway through the season against UIndy. The future looked bright for the first half of the following game as his back up Cole Dugger started the game with 5 TDs and >300 yards passing in the first half. But he was knocked out of the game with a leg injury just before halftime on a questionable hit.
        Since then it's been senior Alex Faddoul's team. Faddoul came in as a QB out of high school with the previous coaching staff. He moved to WR after Cade took over the QB position. So far he's performed admirably, but none of the defenses he's faced so far are anywhere near what GV will trout out Saturday.

The Lions have struggled stopping the run this year, but defensively they've kept them in games by taking the ball away; specifically with interceptions. LU has picked the ball off 16 times this year. Unfortunately that doesn't match up well against a GV team that really likes to run the ball, and doesn't throw very many interceptions at all.

I know Stugart will have his team prepared, but by all accounts I have to imagine GV is at least a 3 TD favorite in this one.
        Cool Story Bro

Comment

Bigsig, thanks for the review. You characterized GV pretty well. On paper it looks like GV drew a favorable match up. We know how "on paper" can deceive, but GV seems to be firing on the right cylinders. It took a couple of weeks to get out of the post FSU game, but their brains and brawns appear to be in the right place. They won't overlook Lindenwood. Still Lwood is a conf champ that knocked off Indy. My blue colored glasses still show a pretty vanilla 4th Q.. if not before.
          Sorry to hear that you won't be coming to Lubbers. Though it doesn't have the same atmosphere as games in Sept-Oct, it still loves visitors.
          Take care.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X