Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truman vs. Hillsdale part 2 for the ACB

Truman got the best of the Chargers by a couple scores back in September.

https://glvcsports.com/news/2021/11/...oads-bowl.aspx

Having both a scheduling and a bowl alliance with the same conference really increases the likelihood of these rematches.

UIndy finished #2, how did they get passed up?

Comment

Originally posted by GLIAC Fan View Post
      UIndy finished #2, how did they get passed up?
      I can only assume they declined the offer, but I don't know for certain. Unless the ACB decided to look at overall record and not conference finish, but that doesn't make much sense because Tiffin finished 2nd in the GMAC with a better conference record and better overall record than ACB participant Hillsdale.

I wouldn't be surprised if UIndy did decline after watching injuries derail their season. There are also a couple players that have announced their intentions to enter the transfer portal on twitter, albeit one was Daveon Bell and he hasn't played anyway; but they might be thin at some positions.

Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

I can only assume they declined the offer, but I don't know for certain. Unless the ACB decided to look at overall record and not conference finish, but that doesn't make much sense because Tiffin finished 2nd in the GMAC with a better conference record and better overall record than ACB participant Hillsdale.

I wouldn't be surprised if UIndy did decline after watching injuries derail their season. There are also a couple players that have announced their intentions to enter the transfer portal on twitter, albeit one was Daveon Bell and he hasn't played anyway; but they might be thin at some positions.

UINDY did decline due unthinkable amount of injuries and overall toll of a season that really started in March. Keevers felt his team needs to rest and heal.

Comment

Originally posted by HoundPop View Post

UINDY did decline due unthinkable amount of injuries and overall toll of a season that really started in March. Keevers felt his team needs to rest and heal.
          Probably a wise move.
          Cool Story Bro

Comment

Comment

Good to see a couple jabs taken at us there. Although UIndy all time 8 wins and 1 loss versus Truman, Greyhounds versus Bulldogs deserves a trophy game.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDog View Post

Greyhounds versus Bulldogs deserves a trophy game.

Comment

91 times is impressive. Game one has to start sometime. Also impressive is you beat U of Texas 48-0 back in 1901 when you were known as Kirksville College. And UIndy was Indiana Central University back then. Hillsdale is our rivalry game. They used to be called Michigan Central. We've met 34 times I believe and lead the series but the game doesn't have a trophy.

Comment

The Dog: "They used to be called Michigan Central."
                    American football didn't even exist when Hillsdale College was called "Michigan Central." The school moved from Spring Arbor, Michigan south to the pioneer town of Hillsdale in 1853. Hillsdale first fielded a football team in 1891. The 2022 season will be team 130. But you are almost correct about Indy/Hillsdale being a rivalry game, but Hillsdale also has history with Findlay and Wayne State (MI). A few years ago, Hillsdale and Indy played four over times with Hillsdale winning. That game made ESPN.

Comment

Tailgating with covered wagons must have been fun.

Comment

Oilerfan: Tailgating with covered wagons must have been fun.

Wasn't there, Oilerfan. However, I have seen a lot of old photos of Hillsdale's 19th century and early 20th century teams, games and players. Interesting. Students used to stand around the fields as there were really no stands or stadium, just a football field with lots of area surrounding to watch the games, even before leather helmets! This Saturday's bowl game will be a bit different, don't you agree? GO CHARGERS!

Comment

Preview is up

https://www.d2football.com/americas-...ew-2021-12-02/

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X