Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USI move to D1; how does that affect UIndy?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinoisguy23
    replied
    UINDY is or was looking at D1 or moving down to D3 as much as i know alot of yall hate hearing that. they move to the OVC bam you have USI EIU and Morehead right there

Leave a comment:

• UFOILERFAN
    replied
    11. UIndy is the only member in the Eastern Time Zone.

Leave a comment:

• michiganfb
    replied

Leave a comment:

• UFOILERFAN
    replied
    With the latest rumor that Upper Iowa has applied or will apply to join the GLVC things could get even more interesting for UIndy.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    In the last decade the G-MAC had several schools leave and I thought they were in trouble. But they've recovered nicely and look to be in good shape. I think Davenport will do very well there, if the rumors are true.
    Last edited by crixus; 06-12-2022, 02:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• D2Ohio
    replied
    Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
    I know I've heard that the GMAC want to get to 12 football teams. If UIndy comes, that makes 11. The most obvious candidate for 12 is NDC, but I risk the wrath of boatcapt for even mentioning that. If NDC isn't willing, the next most obvious would be Davenport.
    You may be correct, apparent rumors about Davenport to GMAC

Leave a comment:

• Uindy18
    replied
    Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Good point. I would think that if the GSC decides to add members, they might try and get a football school or two to fill in those schedule gaps.
    Ya, that and there could just some old political bad blood between tnu and other more southern schools that would cause tnu to affiliate with almost all northern schools

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied
    Good point. I would think that if the GSC decides to add members, they might try and get a football school or two to fill in those schedule gaps.

Leave a comment:

• Uindy18
    replied

Or Trevecca could always consider the Gulf South Conference. There are already several Tennessee non-football schools in the league, but I'm just spitballing here.

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied
    Originally posted by Uindy18 View Post

Neither is Nashville to Detroit or Cleveland, but here we are. TNU is honestly in no man's land from conference standpoint. Thomas More helps them some but they could move. The better fit is for this GLVC is obviously KWC.
    Or Trevecca could always consider the Gulf South Conference. There are already several Tennessee non-football schools in the league, but I'm just spitballing here.

Leave a comment:

• Uindy18
    replied

Good luck trying to sell William Jewell or Rockhurst on adding a new conference opponent that's based in Nashville. Nashville to Kansas City isn't exactly a short drive...
    Neither is Nashville to Detroit or Cleveland, but here we are. TNU is honestly in no man's land from conference standpoint. Thomas More helps them some but they could move. The better fit is for this GLVC is obviously KWC.

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied
    Originally posted by Uindy18 View Post
    I have been in the NDC/Uindy to the GMAC camp for some time now, and this news just locks it in. It just makes sense geographically. Does anyone think that Kentucky Wesleyan would consider a move back to the GLVC? Maybe add both them and Trevecca Nazarene out of the GMAC?
    Good luck trying to sell William Jewell or Rockhurst on adding a new conference opponent that's based in Nashville. Nashville to Kansas City isn't exactly a short drive...

Leave a comment:

• Uindy18
    replied
    I have been in the NDC/Uindy to the GMAC camp for some time now, and this news just locks it in. It just makes sense geographically. Does anyone think that Kentucky Wesleyan would consider a move back to the GLVC? Maybe add both them and Trevecca Nazarene out of the GMAC?

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    I believe Lincoln doesn't meet GLVC sport requirements and I doubt that the MIAA would let them go for football again, now that only 12 full MIAA members have it.

Leave a comment:

• bigsig50
    replied
    From GLVC perspective, what do they do to try and fill the void?

Bring Lincoln back?
    Try to entice MoSo?
    Look at area NAIA possibility? Missouri Baptist plays football and would fill the Lindenwood profile being in St Louis

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X