Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USI move to D1; how does that affect UIndy?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USI move to D1; how does that affect UIndy?

Current GLVC non-football Southern Indiana will be the latest D2 program making the move to D1 in the coming years. USI will join the Ohio Valley Conference, as confirmed earlier this week:

http://ovcsports.com/news/2022/2/8/g...n-2022-23.aspx

Big picture question: Does that potentially mean UIndy could look at their conference options in the coming years? Considering they're about to be the only Indiana school left in the GLVC (there were three as I recall) and that they're the only GLVC team in the Eastern time zone, is there any possibility that they'd consider moving to either the GLIAC (which is desperately seeking members to the point they might even bring in Bishop Sycamore or Whatsamatta U) or to the GMAC?
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

UIndy should join the GMAC. Like minded private schools in their footprint plus the GMAC home is in Indianapolis.

Comment

Could UIndy be looking at D1? If not, I agree, GMAC makes the most sense.

Comment

Was hopeful at the start of GLVC football that Southern Indiana, Bellarmine and Lewis would add football. Don't know why they continue to deprive their students of everything football brings to a campus - homecoming games with bonfires and parades, tailgating with motorhomes and friends gathering, just sitting outside in the fall weather to watch the game etc.

U Indy is the only original member of the GLVC left. The GLVC like they knew it is gone. Their basketball rivals are gone. Closer football schools are gone - St Joe, Kentucky Wesleyan, Urbana. So many good games for U Indy in the GMAC - Ashland, Findlay, Hillsdale, Tiffin and Ohio Dominican a straight shot down HWY 70. They could keep Truman and Lindenwood on their OOC football schedule. Now's the time I think they'll make the move.

Comment

Originally posted by michiganfb View Post
          They could keep Truman and Lindenwood on their OOC football schedule.
          Not if the rumors about Lindenwood moving up are true.

Comment

Seeing whispers on Twitter about Lindenwood also jumping to OVC.
            Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
              Seeing whispers on Twitter about Lindenwood also jumping to OVC.
              If LWood leaves, I'd say U Indy gets on board with GMAC for sure. Only GLVC competition left would be Truman and believe they're still not even fully funded.

Comment

I know I've heard that the GMAC want to get to 12 football teams. If UIndy comes, that makes 11. The most obvious candidate for 12 is NDC, but I risk the wrath of boatcapt for even mentioning that. If NDC isn't willing, the next most obvious would be Davenport.

Comment

From GLVC perspective, what do they do to try and fill the void?

Bring Lincoln back?
                  Try to entice MoSo?
                  Look at area NAIA possibility? Missouri Baptist plays football and would fill the Lindenwood profile being in St Louis
                  Cool Story Bro

Comment

I believe Lincoln doesn't meet GLVC sport requirements and I doubt that the MIAA would let them go for football again, now that only 12 full MIAA members have it.

Comment

I have been in the NDC/Uindy to the GMAC camp for some time now, and this news just locks it in. It just makes sense geographically. Does anyone think that Kentucky Wesleyan would consider a move back to the GLVC? Maybe add both them and Trevecca Nazarene out of the GMAC?

Comment

Originally posted by Uindy18 View Post
                        I have been in the NDC/Uindy to the GMAC camp for some time now, and this news just locks it in. It just makes sense geographically. Does anyone think that Kentucky Wesleyan would consider a move back to the GLVC? Maybe add both them and Trevecca Nazarene out of the GMAC?
                        Good luck trying to sell William Jewell or Rockhurst on adding a new conference opponent that's based in Nashville. Nashville to Kansas City isn't exactly a short drive...

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Good luck trying to sell William Jewell or Rockhurst on adding a new conference opponent that's based in Nashville. Nashville to Kansas City isn't exactly a short drive...
                          Neither is Nashville to Detroit or Cleveland, but here we are. TNU is honestly in no man's land from conference standpoint. Thomas More helps them some but they could move. The better fit is for this GLVC is obviously KWC.

Comment

Originally posted by Uindy18 View Post

Neither is Nashville to Detroit or Cleveland, but here we are. TNU is honestly in no man's land from conference standpoint. Thomas More helps them some but they could move. The better fit is for this GLVC is obviously KWC.
                            Or Trevecca could always consider the Gulf South Conference. There are already several Tennessee non-football schools in the league, but I'm just spitballing here.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Or Trevecca could always consider the Gulf South Conference. There are already several Tennessee non-football schools in the league, but I'm just spitballing here.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X