Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USI move to D1; how does that affect UIndy?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good point. I would think that if the GSC decides to add members, they might try and get a football school or two to fill in those schedule gaps.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Good point. I would think that if the GSC decides to add members, they might try and get a football school or two to fill in those schedule gaps.
      Ya, that and there could just some old political bad blood between tnu and other more southern schools that would cause tnu to affiliate with almost all northern schools

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
        I know I've heard that the GMAC want to get to 12 football teams. If UIndy comes, that makes 11. The most obvious candidate for 12 is NDC, but I risk the wrath of boatcapt for even mentioning that. If NDC isn't willing, the next most obvious would be Davenport.
        You may be correct, apparent rumors about Davenport to GMAC

Comment

In the last decade the G-MAC had several schools leave and I thought they were in trouble. But they've recovered nicely and look to be in good shape. I think Davenport will do very well there, if the rumors are true.
          Last edited by crixus; 06-12-2022, 02:43 AM.

Comment

With the latest rumor that Upper Iowa has applied or will apply to join the GLVC things could get even more interesting for UIndy.

Comment

Comment

11. UIndy is the only member in the Eastern Time Zone.

Comment

UINDY is or was looking at D1 or moving down to D3 as much as i know alot of yall hate hearing that. they move to the OVC bam you have USI EIU and Morehead right there

Comment

With the Upper Iowa rumor swirling, I have to think Uindy to the GMAC is going to happen soon, maybe even after this coming year. Seems too late in the summer to make the switch now, but it just keeps making more and more sense. From there, I think the GMAC will stand pat on expansion or look to NDC/Davenport. Honestly not crazy about the Thomas More move right now, but they could also pull out at any point like Pikeville and others have in the past. They could even use the GMAC to move over, play a few years, then bolt for the MEC or GLVC.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GLIAC Fan View Post
                        the GMAC is growing and getting stronger, they do want to expand to 16 football teams, I do believe it will happen with a collection of schools within the next year or two.
                        So what happens with Trevecca, Cedarville and Malone, the non-football schools in the GMAC? I'm not sure the GMAC gets to 16 schools without raiding the NAIA or MEC (there won't be any schools left to pluck away from the GLIAC).
                        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by GLIAC Fan View Post
                          100% agree Thomas More move made no sense
                          What is the objection to Thomas More? Admittedly, they likely will not be the strongest G-MAC program in the short term, but they seem to fit the G-MAC profile (smallish Midwest church-affiliated liberal arts) rather well.

Comment

I was kind of glad to see the conference gain a foothold in suburban Cincy.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post

What is the objection to Thomas More? Admittedly, they likely will not be the strongest G-MAC program in the short term, but they seem to fit the G-MAC profile (smallish Midwest church-affiliated liberal arts) rather well.
                              My axe to grind with Thomas More is mostly that the school does not seem stable/committed to anything. They got ran out of Division III for rules violations, then made a commitment to NAIA just to turn around and leave again after a year. I do not hate the move, but I kinda hope they just don't come after all like Pikeville and Georgetown did.
                              Last edited by Uindy18; 07-07-2022, 07:39 AM.

Comment

It was actually Georgetown, Cumberland (TN) and UVA-Wise that were announced additions but did not come. Georgetown and Cumberland were denied D2 entrance and remain NAIA. UVA-Wise pulled a switcheroo and joined the MEC instead (despite the G-MAC sponsoring their D2 application).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X