Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USI move to D1; how does that affect UIndy?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so there is a chance Hillsdale could go d1? what about schools like Lewis Drury or UMSL?

Comment

Originally posted by Nevadaman23 View Post
      so there is a chance Hillsdale could go d1? what about schools like Lewis Drury or UMSL?
      Drury - 1,382 enrollment. $7.6 million budget.
      Lewis - 3,842 enrollment. $8.8 million budget.
      UMSL - 4,663 enrollment. $5.3 million budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Drury - 1,382 enrollment. $7.6 million budget.
        Lewis - 3,842 enrollment. $8.8 million budget.
        UMSL - 4,663 enrollment. $5.3 million budget.
        id say UMSL has the best shot

Comment

id say UMSL has the best shot
          Why?

Comment

Why?
            simply because they would be in the best spot and would be more competitive

Comment

michiganfb: Not a done deal yet. My indsiders say it's looking D1 but who knows for sure how the Trustees will vote. Hillsdale and Ashland are two similar small private football loving schools like U Indy and that is lost without D2 GMAC. U Indy wouldn't easily give up their rivalry with Hilldale so makes me think Hillsdale might be thinking D1 as well.

I can honestly say that Hillsdale College will NOT be making a move to D1 anytime in the near future and probably not for another 10 to 15 years, if ever. Hillsdale is a fully-funded D2 program and has no problems attracting students. The academic requirements to be accepted into Hillsdale are IVY League level, and they have a national footprint in their conservative approach. The college recently completed building a new basketball arena, and they will begin construction of new baseball and softball stadiums next Spring. A new football stadium is on the radar, but as I understand it to be it is being planned to quite possibly be the gold standard for D2 stadiums. We shall see. Hillsdale accepts no state or federal funding and so all the funding for the entire campus is received from generous donors. The college's endowment far exceeds many D1 schools. GMAC it is, and GMAC it will be for the foreseeable future.

Comment

ya i feel like Southern Indiana said they werent ever going D1 either but there they are

Comment

none of us know what ANY college is thinking. so unless a college is severely financially crippled like the HBCU schools then i wouldnt believe anything they say about not moving there or here

Comment

Changing affiliation is really all about the president and the board. Are they interested in bumping up? And can change with any change in either one. But then you have to look and see if there is a proper conference landing spot.

For Hillsdale, no. It used to be the Horizon League, but all the private have left that league, their is really no great lakes region league that contains peer institutions for Hillsdale. And on the same theme, UIndy. Although UIndy may have better options as their peer group is larger.

Comment

Originally posted by stealth View Post
                      For Hillsdale, no. It used to be the Horizon League, but all the private have left that league, their is really no great lakes region league that contains peer institutions for Hillsdale.
                      What are Hillsdale's peer institutions?

Comment

simply because they would be in the best spot and would be more competitive
                        With that budget?

Comment

With that budget?
                          Gonna have to agree about UMSL. It's never really been a school that's put a whole lot of effort into growing or marketing their athletics in recent years. Prior to this past year, in the STL area as far as D2's went, it was clearly Lindenwood and Maryville as the 2 athletics programs that were intent on growing and expanding their reach. I could see MoBap making a push towards D2 soon, especially with LU leaving a vacancy at that level in STL. I think they would be a good fit for the GLVC. They also play football.
                          Cool Story Bro

Comment

With that budget?
                            yes even with that budget. especially if they move to the Summit or OVC. its not like they are jumping to the Big Ten. If Chicago St or any HBCU college can do it so could they.

Comment

plus how many schools in the GLVC could be decent right off the bat in D1? not SBU Quincey or UIS. def not most of the Missouri schools either

Comment

Originally posted by Lurkingdog View Post

What are Hillsdale's peer institutions?
                                I don't know... Lipscomb, Butler, Belmont

Seems like most logical peers are DIII or NAIA, or far east coast.
                                Last edited by stealth; 09-26-2022, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X