Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USI move to D1; how does that affect UIndy?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stealth: For Hillsdale, no. It used to be the Horizon League, but all the private have left that league, their is really no great lakes region league that contains peer institutions for Hillsdale. And on the same theme, UIndy. Although UIndy may have better options as their peer group is larger.[/QUOTE]

Hillsdale never, never belonged to the Horizon League. There is a great lakes region league that contains peer institutions like Hillsdale; it's called the GMAC. Hillsdale did compete in the GLIAC, MIFC, the GLIAC again, and now the GMAC. As I previously stated, Hillsdale is a fully-funded football school with about 1,500 students and with an endowment most likely unmatched by any other school in the GMAC. Hillsdale's biggest challenge is recruiting students who will qualify academically and can compete at the D2 level. And once again, Hillsdale has no plans to bump up to D1.

Comment

with the way things are in 2022 im not believe in the whole this school WILL NEVER BE D1 garbage. how many schools have said no we arent going D1 and that " we are happy in d2" then turn around and move up?

Comment

also i keep seeing on other boards that supposedly Marian ( ind) from the NAIA is going to try to move up? has anyone else heard that

Comment

Originally posted by Nevadaman23 View Post
          also i keep seeing on other boards that supposedly Marian ( ind) from the NAIA is going to try to move up? has anyone else heard that
          As a Uindy fan, I would love a Marian and Uindy to play it the same level. Crosstown rivalries are great, and the GMAC would be the prefect conference to bring in all 4 of the indiana NAIA football schools

Comment

aslong as the GMAC doesnt become the Lone Star and have 20 teams lol

Comment

Originally posted by Nevadaman23 View Post
              aslong as the GMAC doesnt become the Lone Star and have 20 teams lol
              Right, my ideal GMAC has Uindy, Marian, Taylor, Indiana Wesleyan, Cedarville, Findlay, Tiffin, Lake Erie, Malone, Walsh, Notre Dame, Lake Erie, Ursuline, Ohio Dominican, and Ashland.

KWC and Thomas More to the GLVC
              Hillsdale and Northwood to the GLIAC
              Trevecca Nazarene to the GSC

Comment

I'm actually praying UINDY goes D1. I have a good feeling once they are eligible for the big dance they will win the OVC

Comment

Which Illinois D2 school has the best chance of jumping to D1

Comment

Originally posted by UISguy23 View Post
                    Which Illinois D2 school has the best chance of jumping to D1
                    If I had to pick one, I guess it would be McKendree or UIS, but honestly I do not think any of them are really ready.

Comment

I'd love that lol but ya the illinois schools are hurting financially. But I'd love to see both at the D1 level but I'd like to see both make the D2 tournament first

Comment

Shared with me U Indy TV interview from today satisfied a lot of the questions I had. The student does a great job with the interim president a likeable informative guy. Only thing he sounds like a possible basketball guy like so many in Indiana: https://youtu.be/MX-o495Ruec

Comment

Definitely a few key takeaways from the President Interview

1. If the move is DI, it is pretty much the OVC I think. The discussion was heavily focused on that conference at the DI level.
                          2. Though not mentioned, if the move is DII, the time in the GLVC is not long term. The travel issues in the GLVC make the GMAC make too much sense.
                          3. While the president is certainly not really going to show his cards, it legitimately seems like there is not really a consensus amongst university leadership or the board of trustees which way it will go.
                          4. The needed upgrades to a DI level will need to be substantial (president mentions a 10 million dollar estimate for changes to Key and Nicoson.)
                          5. The vote is happening today, and there will likely be some sort of decision announcement over the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Uindy18 View Post
                            Definitely a few key takeaways from the President Interview

1. If the move is DI, it is pretty much the OVC I think. The discussion was heavily focused on that conference at the DI level.
                            2. Though not mentioned, if the move is DII, the time in the GLVC is not long term. The travel issues in the GLVC make the GMAC make too much sense.
                            3. While the president is certainly not really going to show his cards, it legitimately seems like there is not really a consensus amongst university leadership or the board of trustees which way it will go.
                            4. The needed upgrades to a DI level will need to be substantial (president mentions a 10 million dollar estimate for changes to Key and Nicoson.)
                            5. The vote is happening today, and there will likely be some sort of decision announcement over the weekend.
                            For God sakes hoping that it's not football in the Pioneer League Conference as much as he used Butler Basketball as an example. While the "closest game now would be the farthest" discussion must refer to the GMAC

Comment

Cue Final Jeopardy theme.

Comment

Originally posted by michiganfb View Post

For God sakes hoping that it's not football in the Pioneer League Conference as much as he used Butler Basketball as an example. While the "closest game now would be the farthest" discussion must refer to the GMAC
                                Agreed, the PFL is all kinds of weird. I am putting the odds at 60/40 in favor of them moving up to DI in the OVC.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X