Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USI move to D1; how does that affect UIndy?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/uindytv/status/1...L5U21kBiTiqwpg

Comment

And now the few that were still interested just don't care anymore.

Comment

Absolutely the dumbest thing they could of done. Idk if it means they aren't doing it rn or they aren't ever going up but its just stupid

Comment

I thought I saw a ghost. I was more afraid than the UIndy Board of Trustees.

Comment

So that means the OVC isn't getting GVSU either now

Comment

As an alum, I am happy about the move. I think staying DII is better for the school long term, and distinguishes it from the now terribly named IU-Indianapolis. Very happy to see the news. Now just waiting for a Uindy to the GMAC announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Uindy18 View Post
                As an alum, I am happy about the move. I think staying DII is better for the school long term, and distinguishes it from the now terribly named IU-Indianapolis. Very happy to see the news. Now just waiting for a Uindy to the GMAC announcement.
                It doesn't seem like they made a move. Seems more like they decided to kick the can down the road and not reveal anything.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post

It doesn't seem like they made a move. Seems more like they decided to kick the can down the road and not reveal anything.
                  Hopefully you're right and they'll actually vote soon.

As it sits now it's disappointment in that we rallied the fanbase then pulled the plug. We were gonna show iupui who's better, then we give in before we get started? D2 even with GMAC means Nicoson Hall Arena is over 60 yrs old but now just getting a facelift instead of the renovation it needs. Exact same little facelift for the Key. And now the Dome waits 20 years or so before getting a new turf system? Got folks around here excited about stepping up then we sat down. Let's have a good track team and other minor teams like the longtime AD wanted instead of building up football or basketball? We don't know that winning one "big" game in football or basketball at the D1 level rallies more support for a school than a national championship in a minor sport like track or lacrosse. For many this D1 excitement is like the big firework that fizzles out.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post

Fair point, my thing is that they are not D1 today and I am happy about that decision. Whether its comes in 6 months, I have no idea.

Comment

• Staying d2 for the long term would be the WORST decision for the school. Seems like most alumni are afraid of change.

Comment

• Originally posted by UISguy23 View Post
                        Staying d2 for the long term would be the WORST decision for the school. Seems like most alumni are afraid of change.
                        Most people are afraid of change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uindy18 View Post

If I had to pick one, I guess it would be McKendree or UIS, but honestly I do not think any of them are really ready.
                          I always seemed to think that Lewis had the potential to make a move to D1 in the long-term, but I haven't really kept up with D2 as much as I used to.
                          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• The big issue I keep wondering about is the future of the NCAA. If the Power 5 conferences create their own organization for all sports, a large chunk of NCAA funding disappears. I don't think CBS, etc will pay big money for what will be I-AA football and basketball rights. If that occurs then the distribution the OVC and others get will plummet making it hard to pay for all the upgrades to facilities and scholarships that recent additions to DI made.https://apnews.com/article/ap-top-ne...5a80832c97a14a

Comment

• Most every boards are reluctant to take action of this with an interm president and will wait until a new president is in place and the leadership team is established. I have the feeling this issue will come up again.

Comment

• Originally posted by stealth View Post

Most every boards are reluctant to take action of this with an interm president and will wait until a new president is in place and the leadership team is established. I have the feeling this issue will come up again.
                                I really wish you were wrong, but ya. The "uindy to D1" rumor has been there since I was on campus starting in 2015, this discussion is far from over. However, I do think this decision may kick the can down the road 6 months to a year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X