Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Another "odd exception" is UHartford (America East, non-football) dropping from D1 to D3.
    One more could be Oklahoma Panhandle went from DII to NAIA a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by Uindy18 View Post

One more could be Oklahoma Panhandle went from DII to NAIA a few years back.
      Oh I remember that one. Panhandle was so outmatched in the LSC, it wasn't even funny.
      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Do not forget New Orleans was going to drop to D3 was in D2 one or two years, and Centenary (LA) to D3. Also back in the 80's when Houston Baptist was originally D1 they went directly to the NAIA.

Comment

Oklahoma City went D1 to NAIA. New Orleans ended up being D2 for just a few months; they decided in March of their first D2 year to stay D1.

Comment

Could happen, go with divisions to cut down on travel and try to rotate who all in the GLVC side has to make a UP trip, or at least just make it once a year for football.

Comment

Make that Lindenwood goes D1, joins OVC, IMMEDIATELY FIRES A.D. 'Splain that somebody. Sig? I'm dumbstruck.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled LU View Post
                Make that Lindenwood goes D1, joins OVC, IMMEDIATELY FIRES A.D. 'Splain that somebody. Sig? I'm dumbstruck.
                I wish I knew definitively, but I don't. I have some guesses as to what happened, but it would be irresponsible to put it out there.
                Cool Story Bro

Comment

bigsig. I sent you a Facebook pm.

Comment

Just read that Lindenwood is adding Men's Hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                      Just read that Lindenwood is adding Men's Hockey.
                      Yes, they made it official yesterday. No conference affiliation yet.

Now Syracuse is the only D1 school that has women's hockey but not men's.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Yes, they made it official yesterday. No conference affiliation yet.

Now Syracuse is the only D1 school that has women's hockey but not men's.
                        Didn't realize they had any hockey at Syracuse. Hopefully they add men's too, but I doubt it.

A curiosity - Lindenwood wants to start play in 2022, Augustana isn't starting play until 2023. Is that just because they have infrastructure? Seems like way too little time to set up a full roster and practice.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Didn't realize they had any hockey at Syracuse. Hopefully they add men's too, but I doubt it.

A curiosity - Lindenwood wants to start play in 2022, Augustana isn't starting play until 2023. Is that just because they have infrastructure? Seems like way too little time to set up a full roster and practice.
                          Lindenwood has a very good club team already playing in the ACHA that just won the national championship this past season. It was their 4th ACHA championship. Coach Rick Zombo has done a great job of building the program. They already have several pieces on the roster capable of playing at the NCAA level. They have several NCAA teams that have stepped up to schedule them for the 22-23 season.

They've also already been playing at Centene (The STL Blues practice facility) for several years. So yeah, the infrastructure is definitely there. I'm sure it will be more complicated than just hanging up NCAA signage in Centene, but from the outside looking in, there's no reason for it not to be a smooth transition.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryon Ramos View Post

Lindenwood has a very good club team already playing in the ACHA that just won the national championship this past season. It was their 4th ACHA championship. Coach Rick Zombo has done a great job of building the program. They already have several pieces on the roster capable of playing at the NCAA level. They have several NCAA teams that have stepped up to schedule them for the 22-23 season.

They've also already been playing at Centene (The STL Blues practice facility) for several years. So yeah, the infrastructure is definitely there. I'm sure it will be more complicated than just hanging up NCAA signage in Centene, but from the outside looking in, there's no reason for it not to be a smooth transition.
                            Oh, gotcha! That's kinda neat. Always exciting when a team makes the jump up to NCAA.

Comment

Lindenwood has an excellent rugby program. The Lions Men's squad finished conference play undefeated this season. And they were National Champs in 2012.
                              Last edited by crixus; 04-03-2022, 10:38 PM.

Comment

we will give you Lincoln. Happily. We can also throw in Northeastern State if you want another team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X