Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UIU to GLVC

It's finally official: https://glvcsports.com/news/2022/11/...me-member.aspx

Looking forward to joining the GLVC! A great fit for us and appreciate the invitation from the members of this conference and meeting other fans on here!

Great move and looking forward to the opportunity to play non conference football games. As much as I have appreciated the competitiveness and great schools in the NSIC, I have always disliked that we only played conference games.

Comment

This is awesome

Comment

Does UIndy get it yet?

Comment

Why don’t you guys invite Lincoln (MO) to your conference. We will let you have them without having to payout.

Comment

I'll be interested to see how quickly UIU climbs up the ladder of the GLVC football powers. I think Iowa has some solid recruiting ground and could contend in a couple years if they devote their efforts to Football

Comment

Welcome to the league! Would love to see this board pick up a little bit, but there wasn’t much chatter this fall.

Comment

For those of you new to Upper Iowa, here is a link to a video of the Upper Iowa campus.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=I...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                  Why don’t you guys invite Lincoln (MO) to your conference. We will let you have them without having to payout.

I wish.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
                    I'll be interested to see how quickly UIU climbs up the ladder of the GLVC football powers. I think Iowa has some solid recruiting ground and could contend in a couple years if they devote their efforts to Football
                    Doesn't really seem they devoted their efforts to football in the NSIC. Why would a move to the GLVC be different?
                    Last edited by CatFan88; 12-03-2022, 06:04 AM.
                    Go Hounds!
                    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                    Cyclone Power
                    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

Doesn't really seem they devoted their efforts to football in the NSIC. Why would a move to the GLVC be different?
                      They have put a lot of resources into football, one of the nicest stadiums in NSIC and a great home game environment. Consistently bring in 100+ players a year into camp. 2013, 14, 15, and 17 were 6-5 in the toughest D2 conference around. Of late it's been a struggle, there has been retention issues, a lot of assistant coach turnover, and the losing records since '17 has made it more difficult on the recruiting trail. The NSIC is a beast of a conference when it comes to football and most all sports. I haven't dug into the GLVC teams yet, but with only 8 with football it will give us some room for non-conf games against lesser competition, get some early wins, etc.....NSIC it was game on from the first game and in cross over games unless you drew Crookston or Minot you were getting teams that compete for the conf. title year in and year out. This will be a better fit. We have the resources, the commitment, just need to get back on some winning streaks to build back up.

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

Sometimes a change like this can wake up some programs. MSU is a testament to that. NCC dissolves, move to the NSIC and win a few more games than we would have in the NCC days, suddenly more money starts flowing to the football program, and more attention is paid to them. It snowballs from there.
                        If UIU can have some decent success early in the GLVC tenure you might just see some extra attention and effort paid to that team

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

Sometimes a change like this can wake up some programs. MSU is a testament to that. NCC dissolves, move to the NSIC and win a few more games than we would have in the NCC days, suddenly more money starts flowing to the football program, and more attention is paid to them. It snowballs from there.
                          If UIU can have some decent success early in the GLVC tenure you might just see some extra attention and effort paid to that team
                          Completely agree. MSU shows how you can build and sustain a winning program even with an old and outdated stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

Completely agree. MSU shows how you can build and sustain a winning program even with an old and outdated stadium.
                            I think people forget how absolutely mediocre at best our program was before 2009. I remember watching quite a few awful MSU teams when I was a kid

Comment

Kudos to Upper Iowa University. Peacocks are such show offs.

​​​​​​

​​​​​​
                              Last edited by crixus; 12-17-2022, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X