Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lincoln is back from the MIAA, where does that put Uindy?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln is back from the MIAA, where does that put Uindy?

With Lincoln (MO) announcing their exit from the MIAA (and the Upper Iowa addition), does anyone else get the sense that the conference knows it is losing Indianapolis? It seems that they know that expansion is going to come from the western areas of the conference. and the Uindy protests against those moves due to travel costs do not seem to matter as much.

With Uindy kicking the can down the road with the Division I idea, and the fact that the conference seems actively replacing them preemptively, I have to assume that a Uindy (and possibly Notre Dame College) move to the GMAC is going to happen this spring. Thoughts?

I feel like that might persuade Indy to make the jump up to D1 at this point

Comment

My thing is whats taking UIndy so long to find a permanent AD?

Comment

Originally posted by UISguy23 View Post
        My thing is whats taking UIndy so long to find a permanent AD?
        I think part of the issue is more the lack of a permanent president. Similar to GMs and HC in the NFL, a new president is going to want to be able to hire their own AD. It creates a simple important series of events.

1. hire a president
        2. hire an AD
        3. Combined, they both play a major role in your conference decisions in the future. I am actively rooting for the GMAC still.

Comment

Originally posted by Uindy18 View Post
          With Lincoln (MO) announcing their exit from the MIAA (and the Upper Iowa addition), does anyone else get the sense that the conference knows it is losing Indianapolis? It seems that they know that expansion is going to come from the western areas of the conference. and the Uindy protests against those moves due to travel costs do not seem to matter as much.

With Uindy kicking the can down the road with the Division I idea, and the fact that the conference seems actively replacing them preemptively, I have to assume that a Uindy (and possibly Notre Dame College) move to the GMAC is going to happen this spring. Thoughts?
          I'm sure NDC has seriously considered joining the GMAC at some point, but as I recall, they were originally slated as one of the GMAC's "charter members" when the league formed but opted instead to join the Mountain East Conference after the breakup of the WVIAC. Now that they're the only Ohio school in a conference dominated by West Virginia schools (and Frostburg State in Maryland's western panhandle, which might as well be West Virginia) and the MEC will be down to 11 schools by 2025 when UNC Pembroke joins the new Conference Carolinas football league, a move to the GMAC might be more intriguing (though, NDC still seems committed to the MEC for the long haul).

As for Indy, I don't know if it's a matter of "if" the end up in the GMAC, but "when" from where I sit.
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Uindy18 View Post

I think part of the issue is more the lack of a permanent president. Similar to GMs and HC in the NFL, a new president is going to want to be able to hire their own AD. It creates a simple important series of events.

1. hire a president
            2. hire an AD
            3. Combined, they both play a major role in your conference decisions in the future. I am actively rooting for the GMAC still.
            Makes sense and I'm really hoping they move to the OVC

Comment

I honestly think if they move to the OVC after their transition period there is a good chance they win the conference title

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

As for Indy, I don't know if it's a matter of "if" the end up in the GMAC, but "when" from where I sit.
                That is where I am at with both. End of the day, someone will realized is makes more sense to drive to Canton and Columbus regularly over Charleston and Fairmont

Comment

GMAC is not going to want UIndy if they plan on leaving for D1 in a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                    GMAC is not going to want UIndy if they plan on leaving for D1 in a few years.
                    Agreed. In fact, I think this is the exact reason that UIndy hasn't already announced a move to the GMAC.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I'm sure NDC has seriously considered joining the GMAC at some point, but as I recall, they were originally slated as one of the GMAC's "charter members" when the league formed but opted instead to join the Mountain East Conference after the breakup of the WVIAC. Now that they're the only Ohio school in a conference dominated by West Virginia schools (and Frostburg State in Maryland's western panhandle, which might as well be West Virginia) and the MEC will be down to 11 schools by 2025 when UNC Pembroke joins the new Conference Carolinas football league, a move to the GMAC might be more intriguing (though, NDC still seems committed to the MEC for the long haul).

Why would UIndy make the GMAC more enticing to NDC? The whole "driving distance" theory of NDC to the GMAC has been largely debunked (In fact, UIndy woud be just as far as former and future MEC outlier Concord as far as millage goes from NDC) and last I checked, UIndy is not in Ohio so I don't see how that would add to the postulated theory that NDC is just dying to be part of an "Ohio DII Conference." Could a conference that is made up of 6 (assuming UIndy were to join) of 13 members from outside of Ohio AND has its HQ outside of the state really claim to be an "Ohio DII Conference?" As for the supposed "burning rivalries" NDC is supposed to have shared with some Ohio schools, I would note that their "burning rivalry" with MEC schools now exceeds that.

Seems like when you do an actual side by side comparison and then factoring in recent history, the real question is what advantage would there be for NDC to move to the GMAC? And if you can't come up with a compelling reason, I'm left with the underlying question...Why bother other than a change for change's sake???

As for UIndy joining D1, we have to be aware of the difference between fan wants, what the school is saying and what is in the best interest of the school. There may be any number of message board "pirates" that dearly WANT it to happen and will post about all the rumors they have supposidly heard but when you listen to what the school has said (or maybe hasn't said0 and then look at the common sense of the matter, they paint quite a different story. Doesn't mean it won't happen, just that the logic says it shouldn't. Not saying this is the situation with UIndy's move to D1, just that message board posts are a pretty sketchy way to determine what will or won't happen amd what is in the truely best interest of the school and what ultimately will happen.
                      Last edited by boatcapt; 01-29-2023, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                        Why bother other than a change for change's sake???
                        It's pretty amazing how that seems to be the determining factor for a lot of people.

The other biggest factor is thinking one is the center of the world and everything should work outward from their orbit.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Why would UIndy make the GMAC more enticing to NDC? The whole "driving distance" theory of NDC to the GMAC has been largely debunked (In fact, UIndy woud be just as far as former and future MEC outlier Concord as far as millage goes from NDC) and last I checked, UIndy is not in Ohio so I don't see how that would add to the postulated theory that NDC is just dying to be part of an "Ohio DII Conference." Could a conference that is made up of 6 (assuming UIndy were to join) of 13 members from outside of Ohio AND has its HQ outside of the state really claim to be an "Ohio DII Conference?" As for the supposed "burning rivalries" NDC is supposed to have shared with some Ohio schools, I would note that their "burning rivalry" with MEC schools now exceeds that.

Seems like when you do an actual side by side comparison and then factoring in recent history, the real question is what advantage would there be for NDC to move to the GMAC? And if you can't come up with a compelling reason, I'm left with the underlying question...Why bother other than a change for change's sake???

As for UIndy joining D1, we have to be aware of the difference between fan wants, what the school is saying and what is in the best interest of the school. There may be any number of message board "pirates" that dearly WANT it to happen and will post about all the rumors they have supposidly heard but when you listen to what the school has said (or maybe hasn't said0 and then look at the common sense of the matter, they paint quite a different story. Doesn't mean it won't happen, just that the logic says it shouldn't. Not saying this is the situation with UIndy's move to D1, just that message board posts are a pretty sketchy way to determine what will or won't happen amd what is in the truely best interest of the school and what ultimately will happen.
                          I probably should've rephrased the UIndy thought to say that they might be on the verge of leaving the GLVC or moving up to D1. I don't think a move to D1 is particularly wise for UIndy, but I wonder how much longer they're willing to be the outlier of the GLVC by being the only team that's in the Eastern Time Zone.
                          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

It mainly puts Indy in Jeff city every other year for a guaranteed win.

Comment

I'd say UINDY moving to D1 is better than staying in the GLVC and possibly the GMAC

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X