Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNK AD Paul Plinske Leaving for CSU-Pueblo

http://www.lopers.com/news/2018/3/27...-director.aspx

He did some good things in his 5 years in Kearney with facility upgrades and fundraising. But I'm sure cutting men's baseball, golf and tennis before leaving will tarnish his brief legacy to a lot of people.

Re: UNK AD Paul Plinske Leaving for CSU-Pueblo

Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post
    http://www.lopers.com/news/2018/3/27...-director.aspx

He did some good things in his 5 years in Kearney with facility upgrades and fundraising. But I'm sure cutting men's baseball, golf and tennis before leaving will tarnish his brief legacy to a lot of people.
    It is very unfortunate and exactly why he left. He was the messenger. He did not make the decisions to cut, that came down from the university system leaders. He had a script he had to follow. I wish him the very best. He is a fantastic person.

Comment

Met him only a few times, but seemed like a really great guy. He was forced into cutting the three sports programs, and is most likely fearing more painful cuts in the future. Under similar circumstances I think most of us would have made a similar decision to move on.

Cutting of the three sports was a really bad move and reflects poorly on the university...hoping for a new direction!

Comment

Sounds like UNK is headed for some tough times. RMAC is probably a much better option for them at this time. I wonder if they can get back in.

Comment

Seems like a horizontal move to me. Also when it comes to sports UNK still has more than most of the schools in the MIAA so I think it is being blown out of proportion a bit with regards to tough times. UNK has been doing more with less for a long time. Now is the time where I think the athletic department is getting realistic about things.

For Paul Plinske he definitely did some good things for UNK. He was able to increase the budget for a variety of sports, most importantly football. He also oversaw facility improvements at the Health and Sports Center and at Cope Stadium.

While he also rubbed some people off right at the start of his tenure by getting rid of one of the best coaches in the football program's history in Darrell Morris. He fired Morris and than increased the budget and scholarships for the football team the next year. Morris had been getting so much out of the program through his years with less than other schools in the RMAC and wasn't truly given a fair chance with a bigger budget in the MIAA.

I wish him and his family the best in Pueblo.

Now it will be interesting to see how quickly UNK can find a replacement.
          Last edited by Micheal; 04-02-2018, 07:12 PM.
          UNK Loper Football - 32 Conference Titles, 5 NCAA Playoff Appearances, 2 Harlon Hill Runner-Ups

Comment

Originally posted by Micheal View Post
            Seems like a horizontal move to me. Also when it comes to sports UNK still has more than most of the schools in the MIAA so I think it is being blown out of proportion a bit with regards to tough times. UNK has been doing more with less for a long time. Now is the time where I think the athletic department is getting realistic about things.

For Paul Plinske he definitely did some good things for UNK. He was able to increase the budget for a variety of sports, most importantly football. He also oversaw facility improvements at the Health and Sports Center and at Cope Stadium.

While he also rubbed some people off right at the start of his tenure by getting rid of one of the best coaches in the football program's history in Darrell Morris. He fired Morris and than increased the budget and scholarships for the football team the next year. Morris had been getting so much out of the program through his years with less than other schools in the RMAC and wasn't truly given a fair chance with a bigger budget in the MIAA.

I wish him and his family the best in Pueblo.

Now it will be interesting to see how quickly UNK can find a replacement.
            I have heard Darrell Morris being a possible candidate, at least many from UNK are throwing his name out there as an option! Could be interesting.

Comment

Comment

Sometimes going backwards to when you were successful is actually what will move you forward.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X