• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loper11
    replied
    Re: NW Spring Game

Originally posted by voicefromthestands View Post
    If anyone thinks that the QB from Elkhorn is only a threat to run the ball they would be mistaken. He is a scrambler. Was told by one of his assistant coaches from high school that he was only sacked once in his 4 years there. Whether that carries over to his college career remains to be seen. Looks like we are blessed with 2 very talented quarterbacks.
    He did have a line that gave him an average of 5 seconds in the backfield as well, but he is the real deal. He can run and pass quite well.

Leave a comment:

• voicefromthestands
    replied

If anyone thinks that the QB from Elkhorn is only a threat to run the ball they would be mistaken. He is a scrambler. Was told by one of his assistant coaches from high school that he was only sacked once in his 4 years there. Whether that carries over to his college career remains to be seen. Looks like we are blessed with 2 very talented quarterbacks.

Leave a comment:

• PSR
    replied

Originally posted by catz54 View Post
    QB is a threat to keep the read plays (which will be good with new backs), the ability to scramble when passing plays break down (and actually get first downs), the ability to run plays with an extra blocker at the point of attack. ?Running QBs absolutely change the entire game. It's all about converting 1st downs and having a QB that can run allows drives to sustain.

Of course a QB has to be able to throw too, but one that can run changes how defenses have to play.
    All a good running QB needs to be able to do passing the ball is to shot put it to a TE. :)

Leave a comment:

• lleachieshusband
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
    I was simply meaning why would we need to bring in another QB for the wildcat situation. This almost proved detrimental during Brady Bolles SR season and Kyle Zimmerman JR season. I for one am always for a dual threat QB, but not the Wildcat B.S...

Leave a comment:

• GreenwoodBearcat
    replied

Originally posted by catz54 View Post
    QB is a threat to keep the read plays (which will be good with new backs), the ability to scramble when passing plays break down (and actually get first downs), the ability to run plays with an extra blocker at the point of attack. ?Running QBs absolutely change the entire game. It's all about converting 1st downs and having a QB that can run allows drives to sustain.

Of course a QB has to be able to throw too, but one that can run changes how defenses have to play.
    I was simply meaning why would we need to bring in another QB for the wildcat situation. This almost proved detrimental during Brady Bolles SR season and Kyle Zimmerman JR season. I for one am always for a dual threat QB, but not the Wildcat B.S...

Leave a comment:

• lleachieshusband
    replied
    NW Spring Game

Last edited by lleachieshusband; 04-22-2018, 07:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Not really sure why we would need that added dimension this year from a running QB...it appears that we have exceptional talent in the backfield, plus we have more mobile qb's than last year as well.

Leave a comment:

• ForeverGreen
    replied

Not really sure why we would need that added dimension this year from a running QB...it appears that we have exceptional talent in the backfield, plus we have more mobile qb's than last year as well.
    It never hurts to have the added dimension of a QB that can run. I think we saw that missing last year. It just seems to be a part of what we've done in recent years when the offense has really been on. That said, and probably to your point, last year was also different because we didn't have the consistency from the RB spot, and that looks to be significantly improved this year.

Leave a comment:

• BearcatDude
    replied

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
    Caldwell can't transfer until he finishes his degree at MW, according to Daily Forum.

Leave a comment:

• GreenwoodBearcat
    replied

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
    From what I saw, we could have a two QB system this Fall. Kowalski throwing and Wright running, which could add a dimension to the running game that we lacked in 2017.

Caldwell can't transfer until he finishes his degree at MW, according to Daily Forum.

Leave a comment:

• NW Normal
    replied

From what I saw, we could have a two QB system this Fall. Kowalski throwing and Wright running, which could add a dimension to the running game that we lacked in 2017.

Leave a comment:

• GreenwoodBearcat
    replied

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
    I heard they lost?
    You lost Caldwell...don't be a hater.:laugh:

Leave a comment:

• GreenwoodBearcat
    replied

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
    Elijah Green playing DT. It was good to see Chama Pierre back playing CB.
    He only runs a 4.9 (40). They will put some pounds on him this summer and fall and move him to DT.

Leave a comment:

• stubintner
    replied

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
    I heard they lost?
    Yes. Now .500 in the preseason.

Leave a comment:

• GrifFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Spider 2 Y Banana View Post
    NW won