Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 MIAA Surprise team.

Originally posted by Peyton21dad View Post
    Well, get ready for FHSU to be THAT team.
    No doubt Peyton will be the difference.

Comment

Well, get ready for FHSU to be THAT team.
      Originally posted by catz54 View Post

Looks like the trash talking Cat fight picked up about where it left off. Ahhh.... it's starting to feel like football season.

The Mules catch Ft. Hays right out of the gate in Hays and finish with Northwest in Warrensburg. Is this the year the Mules finally live up to their potential and hype? This is year nine for coach Boda and so far his best team was the one he inherited from Coach Fritz in year one (2010). The season opener will be a statement game for the Mules and the Tigers.
      Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 05-26-2018, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Heard from Pitt Alumi here in KC that Pitt is basically scrapping much of their pass offense for more of the veer smash mouth football again. Guess they have one stud of a fullback coming in. Just relaying what I was told

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
          Heard from Pitt Alumi here in KC that Pitt is basically scrapping much of their pass offense for more of the veer smash mouth football again. Guess they have one stud of a fullback coming in. Just relaying what I was told
          Did you not pay attention to the whole second half of the season for Pitt? It is exactly what they did. I think in the WU game Pitt had 1 pass attempt by halftime. It's not veer, it is "multiple choice" offense, as Beck likes to call it. Now there is just more run "choices" than before! :tongue:

Comment

A comparison of Washburn to Mo West returning roster and production

Wash has 36 upper classmen on the roster for 16th year head coach
            Mo West has 32 upper classmen on the roster for 2nd year head coach
            (Washburn, like Pitt, brings back a bunch of sophomores and juniors that played last year that will now be the juniors and seniors. Mo West on the other hand, as will be seen, is devastated on defense without much returning.)

Wash returns 63% rushing yards, 100% passing yards, 69% receiving yards
            Mo West returns 55% rushing yards, 56% passing yards, 65% receiving yards
            (You got to be impressed with what Peterson did last year as a sophomore and he'll likely contend with Bolles and Mezera for 1st team QB in the MIAA, Washburn looks to be potent on offense. Not much on Mo West offense is going to worry MIAA defenses this coming year, they have some pieces like Dom Marino and Shamar Griffith, but it's just not going to be enough)

Wash returns 61% of tackles, 76% of sacks, 31% of INTs
            Mo West returns 52% of tackles, 36% of sacks, 71% of INTs
            (Both teams hit hard by graduations on the defensive side, especially in the linebacker depth. Washburn will probably handle it better having most their trench guys back which if they can hold their own linebackers can be found. I don't know but I think Mo West is going to get smoked on defense, they have their secondary mostly intact but every team in the MIAA should just game plan to run the ball 90% of the game and easily find holes.)

Wash returns 100% punt, 100% FGs, 100% return yards
            Mo West returns 99% punt, 0% FG, 76% return yards
            (Washburn has their special teams locked down for 2018. I found it amazing they return all punt and kickoff return yards, they could be especially dangerous this year in the return department. Mo West needing to replace Tyler Basch will be no easy task.)

Washburn looks pretty good across the board, they need to find some replacement in the secondary and linebacker depth; but their offense will keep them in all games. However, their schedule is front loaded with NW Mo, FHSU, Central Mo, in weeks 2, 3, & 4. The defense replacements are going to get tested by fire early. And with Washburn facing those teams 2,3, & 4; that means Mo West faces NW Mo, FHSU, Central Mo in weeks 1, 2, & 3 - and I don't think they recover from it.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
              Did you not pay attention to the whole second half of the season for Pitt? It is exactly what they did. I think in the WU game Pitt had 1 pass attempt by halftime. It's not veer, it is "multiple choice" offense, as Beck likes to call it. Now there is just more run "choices" than before! :tongue:
              Guess you didn't read my post either. Just relaying what the Pitt Alumni told me. And no, I didn't follow the 2nd half of the season for Pitt, as I really could care less, what the hell they run...:tongue:

Comment

I'm cautiously optimistic about dreiling's first season as dc.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
                  A comparison of Washburn to Mo West returning roster and production

Wash has 36 upper classmen on the roster for 16th year head coach
                  Mo West has 32 upper classmen on the roster for 2nd year head coach
                  (Washburn, like Pitt, brings back a bunch of sophomores and juniors that played last year that will now be the juniors and seniors. Mo West on the other hand, as will be seen, is devastated on defense without much returning.)

Wash returns 63% rushing yards, 100% passing yards, 69% receiving yards
                  Mo West returns 55% rushing yards, 56% passing yards, 65% receiving yards
                  (You got to be impressed with what Peterson did last year as a sophomore and he'll likely contend with Bolles and Mezera for 1st team QB in the MIAA, Washburn looks to be potent on offense. Not much on Mo West offense is going to worry MIAA defenses this coming year, they have some pieces like Dom Marino and Shamar Griffith, but it's just not going to be enough)

Wash returns 61% of tackles, 76% of sacks, 31% of INTs
                  Mo West returns 52% of tackles, 36% of sacks, 71% of INTs
                  (Both teams hit hard by graduations on the defensive side, especially in the linebacker depth. Washburn will probably handle it better having most their trench guys back which if they can hold their own linebackers can be found. I don't know but I think Mo West is going to get smoked on defense, they have their secondary mostly intact but every team in the MIAA should just game plan to run the ball 90% of the game and easily find holes.)

Wash returns 100% punt, 100% FGs, 100% return yards
                  Mo West returns 99% punt, 0% FG, 76% return yards
                  (Washburn has their special teams locked down for 2018. I found it amazing they return all punt and kickoff return yards, they could be especially dangerous this year in the return department. Mo West needing to replace Tyler Basch will be no easy task.)

Washburn looks pretty good across the board, they need to find some replacement in the secondary and linebacker depth; but their offense will keep them in all games. However, their schedule is front loaded with NW Mo, FHSU, Central Mo, in weeks 2, 3, & 4. The defense replacements are going to get tested by fire early. And with Washburn facing those teams 2,3, & 4; that means Mo West faces NW Mo, FHSU, Central Mo in weeks 1, 2, & 3 - and I don't think they recover from it.
                  While you make some good points regarding MoWest's outlook for next season being poor at worst and unknown at best, you are incorrect about our kicking situation. Our SR kicker, Tyler Basch, was granted another season of eligibility so kicking should be a strength rather than 0% of FG returning as you stated. Can't blame you for not knowing that though. Tyler tweeted that he was granted another season of eligibility and I have heard elsewhere that this is the case also.

Comment

The crazy thing about our secondary being "mostly intact" is that we graduated two seniors from the secondary who had a shot at the NFL. Jonathan Owens is with the Cardinals on a free agent deal and Donte Watkins had a tryout with the Chiefs at their rookie mini camp. And yet our secondary may still be solid. We've kind of become 'secondary U' in recent years along with always having a feature RB who more often than not is at or near the top of the conf rushing stats at the end of the season.
                    Last edited by GRIFFan_Kyle@MoWest; 05-29-2018, 02:46 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by catz54 View Post
                      Snide comment, but I should expect that. And maybe he will be a difference, maybe not. But 1 things for sure as of right now....MIAA CHAMPS

Comment

Conference champs with a shiny 12-2 record in 2012 seems so long ago for MW. Hoping we have bottomed out with consecutive 4-7 seasons. At this point I'd be happy this season getting back to 6-5 since we haven't even contended since 2013 when we went 8-3. When we had an upper tier football team I wanted a top tier stadium to go with it. Now we have beautiful facilities but a less than mediocre team the past few seasons. Need to put it all together now. Let's just take a step in the right direction in Coach Williamson's 2nd season.

Comment

MoWest certainly deserves a good season. Good luck this upcoming season

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                            Guess you didn't read my post either. Just relaying what the Pitt Alumni told me. And no, I didn't follow the 2nd half of the season for Pitt, as I really could care less, what the hell they run...:tongue:
                            You should have paid attention....at least that way you would have seen an offense! :laugh:

Comment

Snide comment, but I should expect that. And maybe he will be a difference, maybe not. But 1 things for sure as of right now....MIAA CHAMPS
                              That is soooooo 2017. The calendar has been turned.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
                                A comparison of Pitt St. to Central O. returning roster and production

Pitt has 42 upper classmen on the roster for 9th year head coach
                                Central O. has 32 upper classmen on the roster for 2nd year head coach ??? who ARE you talking about smokey? dude got hired in 2012
                                (Pitt brings back a lot of experience this year, while UCO lost most their production and still a newish coach to the MIAA)

Pitt returns 43% rushing yards, 46% passing yards, 43% receiving yards
                                Central O. returns 58% rushing yards, 1% passing yards, 27% receiving yardswhere did this research come from? everyone that carried the rock past the second half of last years pitt game is back 100% of them. gandara played 5 quarters last year and Mc Kenzie was lost 2 series before halftime at pitt. 10 and a half games we played without those 2. McKenzie is coming back and so is the rest of the backs that carried last season. qb will be a concern and the most attention will be focused here but we have two D1 transfers on the roster who were the same type of players in high school
                                (This basically tells me Pitt St. got their 2-deep quite a bit of action last year, which should make them fairly seasoned on offense this year...Central O. lost Luper who was their offense, not sure they get that back.)we have several WRS that still made plays last year and will take the place of jt....not that they are anywhere close to the caliber yet but they had an opportunity to watch both luper and crockett work and they know how they got to push to get better. our number one will be curry... big fast kid.

Pitt returns 82% of tackles, 78% of sacks, 75% of INTs
                                Central O. returns 66% of tackles, 98% of sacks, 79% of INTs
                                (Pitt again brings a lot of returning production to the defense. Meanwhile what's interesting about Central O is how much of the sack/int they bring back which tells me they relied a lot on speed and those sacks actually came from blitzing backfield)interesting....so the 29 tackles for loss from dlineman(guys who start the play with their hand on the ground)....are they considered blitzes?

Pitt returns 100% punt, 100% FGs, 53% return yards
                                Central O. returns 100% punt, 75% FG, 8% return yards
                                (Pitt returns their production but I kind of doubt Tucker Horak punts as much as he did last year, not that it matters they have Anchors who did just as well, Pitt returns FG kicker who was more than serviceable at 80%. Once again UCO lost Luper for offensive production but crazy enough return yards weren't all that great (28 yards per game, and only 12 per attempt) so UCO just doesn't care about trying to return it seems)

Pitt looks good across the board, lots of returning experience and production. While they lost some starters (Rose, LePage, Panko), the back ups all got enough time on the field to be considered a class ahead. Central O. without Luper is going to be interesting and they have defensive up front positions to fill. I think they are a team that steps back.
                                although we are losing the most productive WR probably in uco football history, there is a large bodied fast kid named curry. been watching him make plays since freshman year of high school. he can make things happen. plus 2 6'2 juco wrs coming in. we lost a perennial starter at OT and a part time starting guard but the rest of the line will have at least a season all starting together bac k and ready.
                                dline loss? I think youre mistaking us for someone else. we lose a SINGLE kid that was a heavy rotater. other than that, we lose sporadic starters. all starting linebackers and a junion college all American is stepping in and 5 kids with good experience playing in the dback field. In our bowl game, we spanked the team that took the eventual national champ to ot....this UCO team knows they screwed up big time last season early on and they are looking to seriously prove they deserve respect. we truly think FHSU was a fluke. hays was beat and they knew it. they were a circus catch and a piss poor tackle from losing that game. and as most of the season, still throwing into the end zone at the end of the gme to win.
                                the pitt game, I think, was uco being scared losing a majority of their offense on back to back series losing 2 all americans for the season. and then pitt blocked punt and returned it for a touchdown and chipper the chimp was hanging from the trees. we were still in that game with seconds to go. western Missouri.....etc etc etc

special shout out to emporiaand my special emporia fan for giving up the ass when we really needed to get laid. changed the season around for us

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X