Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 MIAA Surprise team.

Originally posted by Peyton21dad View Post
    Snide comment, but I should expect that. And maybe he will be a difference, maybe not. But 1 things for sure as of right now....MIAA CHAMPS
    They certainly were the 2017 MIAA Champs and you will always have that.

I think anyone that puts their kid's name in their username is looking for those comments.

Comment

Originally posted by catz54 View Post
      They certainly were the 2017 MIAA Champs and you will always have that.

I think anyone that puts their kid's name in their username is looking for those comments.
      Only from someone with catz54 in their username would think that. But such is this forum

Comment

Only from someone with catz54 in their username would think that. But such is this forum
        That's been my user name for 17 years. :)

I don't have a kid on a college football team. I am not one of those dads though that wears my kid's jersey number to games, or has a button of him or even worries if anyone knows who my kid even is. My guess is you are the opposite.

Comment

Between Stallard and Hogan, Central O. has to replace 800 yards worth of rushing. McKenzie probably does that for you but that's still a wait and see, and it's replacement production unless you think Chandler produces more as a rusher than he did last year, not sure he's the running threat Stallard was because you don't go try and play for Craig Bohl if you want to run as a QB.

You also lose Crockett at WR position and the fourth most productive WR was the RB Stallard. Curry may be a great WR but I'm just doubting he along with anybody else stepping up does what JT did by himself.

No, I don't consider TOFL necessarily a part of a blitz scheme. A good DLineman should get a quarter of their production behind the line, that's their job overall to make plays at or behind the line. So it's factored in on overall tackles. With that being said Figueroa lead the team in sacks and TOFL from the linebacking position, you can't tell me when half the sacks come from LB and CB the scheme wasn't to blitz often.

Every team is going to have freshman, redshirts, and JuCo transfers that didn't play last year that come in and make an impact; damn near impossible to know what that looks like for every team.

I whiffed on Bobeck, I misread something on him that made me think it was year two when he's obviously been there awhile. I see UCO going between 6-5 and 8-3 on the season. There's enough good players for UCO to be in every ball game and be a threat to maybe even win them all, I just think UCO still has some 'prove it' to do with key positions (QB, WR) that they stumble, kind of like last year to finish each game.

Comment

That's been my user name for 17 years. :)

I don't have a kid on a college football team. I am not one of those dads though that wears my kid's jersey number to games, or has a button of him or even worries if anyone knows who my kid even is. My guess is you are the opposite.
            You would be correct. But not for the recognition but for the support. I will always honor my kids and however you interpret that makes no difference to me. Now, onto other/better things than this conversation

Comment

You would be correct. But not for the recognition but for the support. I will always honor my kids and however you interpret that makes no difference to me. Now, onto other/better things than this conversation
              Fair enough. I show support for my kids by buying the equipment they need, taking them to practice, working with them outside of practice, paying for lessons when required, coaching certain sports, and being at literally every game they play that I can physically make. I don't wear their number or their jersey or really point out my kid unless someone specifically asks. Just different philosophies, I guess.

As far as Fort Hayes goes, I think they have built a quality program. They have been competitive for years and last year took a step up to an MIAA title. Whether that was a special circumstance or special group, remains to be seen. It could be that they are perennially in the conversation, but until you are perennially in the conversation, it's just speculation. Right now if I had to put money down, I would say the conference was between NW, Central, and Pitt State.

Comment

Originally posted by GRIFFan_Kyle@MoWest View Post
                Conference champs with a shiny 12-2 record in 2012 seems so long ago for MW. Hoping we have bottomed out with consecutive 4-7 seasons. At this point I'd be happy this season getting back to 6-5 since we haven't even contended since 2013 when we went 8-3. When we had an upper tier football team I wanted a top tier stadium to go with it. Now we have beautiful facilities but a less than mediocre team the past few seasons. Need to put it all together now. Let's just take a step in the right direction in Coach Williamson's 2nd season.
                Agreed. Let's just take a step in the right direction this year. I'd be happy with anything over .500 ball.

For the second year in a row, we have new a OC and DC. I also notice we have a co-OC and a co-DC. Not sure what's up with that.

Comment

Fair enough. I show support for my kids by buying the equipment they need, taking them to practice, working with them outside of practice, paying for lessons when required, coaching certain sports, and being at literally every game they play that I can physically make. I don't wear their number or their jersey or really point out my kid unless someone specifically asks. Just different philosophies, I guess.

As far as Fort Hayes goes, I think they have built a quality program. They have been competitive for years and last year took a step up to an MIAA title. Whether that was a special circumstance or special group, remains to be seen. It could be that they are perennially in the conversation, but until you are perennially in the conversation, it's just speculation. Right now if I had to put money down, I would say the conference was between NW, Central, and Pitt State.
                  Nicely put and I appreciate that. I agree with the assumption of those 3 teams and hope FH can be in the mix for years to come.

Comment

Nicely put and I appreciate that. I agree with the assumption of those 3 teams and hope FH can be in the mix for years to come.
                    What i like about Ft Hays is they build on defense. In this conference, that's a differentiator. Look at NW being competitive last year with essentially not much going on offense.

Comment

I think Lindenwood should win at least a game or 2 more this year. 5 or 6 wins? Culture of the team is dramatically different this year.
                      Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
                        Between Stallard and Hogan, Central O. has to replace 800 yards worth of rushing. McKenzie probably does that for you but that's still a wait and see, and it's replacement production unless you think Chandler produces more as a rusher than he did last year, not sure he's the running threat Stallard was because you don't go try and play for Craig Bohl if you want to run as a QB.

You also lose Crockett at WR position and the fourth most productive WR was the RB Stallard. Curry may be a great WR but I'm just doubting he along with anybody else stepping up does what JT did by himself.

No, I don't consider TOFL necessarily a part of a blitz scheme. A good DLineman should get a quarter of their production behind the line, that's their job overall to make plays at or behind the line. So it's factored in on overall tackles. With that being said Figueroa lead the team in sacks and TOFL from the linebacking position, you can't tell me when half the sacks come from LB and CB the scheme wasn't to blitz often.

Every team is going to have freshman, redshirts, and JuCo transfers that didn't play last year that come in and make an impact; damn near impossible to know what that looks like for every team.

I whiffed on Bobeck, I misread something on him that made me think it was year two when he's obviously been there awhile. I see UCO going between 6-5 and 8-3 on the season. There's enough good players for UCO to be in every ball game and be a threat to maybe even win them all, I just think UCO still has some 'prove it' to do with key positions (QB, WR) that they stumble, kind of like last year to finish each game.
                        i agree with damn near everything you said with a few exceptions. stallard made most of his yardage on designed runs....those runs will still be there. hogan was a non factor last year he quit the team a few times during the season and played in mop up duty in several games. i think you need to look at mckenzies bio a little harder lol....its not like hes unproven.

the rushing with qb issue....i dont know about chandler...i know he was a running qb in highschool and was damn good at it. hes now 230 ish and not guaranteed hes the number 1...think tim tebone. both of these transfers are on record as stating they wanted to be closer to home.

fig plays outside and damn near impossible to run away from. does he blitz? absolutley. do they use him as a stand up DE? yes and if they run his way, it usually ends up in a tfl. thats all i was saying. over hanging linebackers typically do that if they are worth a shizz. pogi does the same but he usually plays weak side.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
                          I think Lindenwood should win at least a game or 2 more this year. 5 or 6 wins? Culture of the team is dramatically different this year.
                          Most teams think they will have 1 or 2 more wins than last year. My question is ... who will suffer more losses than last year to give those teams more wins?

I can give you one fact ... MOSO won't be one of those teams that will suffer more losses. Lol!

Comment

A comparison of Lindenwood to Kearney returning roster and production

UL has 32 upper classmen on the roster for 3rd year head coach
                            UNK has 31 upper classmen on the roster for 2nd year head coach
                            (I'm like many others that think Stugart is definitely moving the needle for the positive at Lindenwood. I think he recruits well in the St. Louis market and MO in general. On the other side Josh Lynn at UNK probably has the biggest challenge outside of Mo So, he's got a lot of roster work to do yet)

UL returns 26% rushing yards, 100% passing yards, 29% receiving yards
                            UNK returns 39% rushing yards, 100% passing yards, 56% receiving yards
                            (It's going to be very interesting to see the play of Najee Jackson without much else around him on offense. He's a dynamic QB but without the top two RB and top two WR from last year, Jackson may be bottled up. UNK faces a similar situation with the return of Worthington, who's nowhere the play maker of Jackson. However, UNK 'stat stuffers' last year at the RB and WR position; well most teams could get that kind of production in just a couple good games, so it's not much for losses.)

UL returns 74% of tackles, 100% of sacks, 43% of INTs
                            UNK returns 75% of tackles, 88% of sacks, 60% of INTs
                            (Both teams return a lot on defense and if either team wants to really have success need to stake their claim on this side of the ball. UL returns 8 of their top 10 tacklers and one of the missing guys, Ace Rogers, is an assistant coach who can still provide some great help from the sidelines. UNK used a lot of blitzing schemes to produce the tackles and turnovers but that was to help mask the non-existant front line, I suspect they'll resort to that again.)

UL returns 100% punt, 0% FGs, 14% return yards
                            UNK returns 100% punt, 0% FG, 44% return yards
                            (Spraul was an adequate placekicker for UL to try and replace and Sparks who was the do it all offensive player that provided the returns. UNK actually has a returning FG kicker, but he missed his opportunities last year so I'm not giving him credit. UNK only made 2 field goals all year out of just 8 attempts. That seems kind of ridiculous. Maybe they should try their excellent punter and all-name team Buschkoetter)

Both these teams look to bring solid defense returners to the 2018 season, which is a good place to start if you want to compete in the MIAA. However, if their offenses can't maintain drives to get the defense some breaks it's going to be a long season I fear for both teams. Lindenwood has a leg up with Najee Jackson. I also think both coaches are still working on building out their rosters and are a few years away from it all clicking, with UNK much further away.

Comment

(I'm like many others that think Stugart is definitely moving the needle for the positive at Lindenwood. I think he recruits well in the St. Louis market and MO in general. On the other side Josh Lynn at UNK probably has the biggest challenge outside of Mo So, he's got a lot of roster work to do yet)

(It's going to be very interesting to see the play of Najee Jackson without much else around him on offense. He's a dynamic QB but without the top two RB and top two WR from last year, Jackson may be bottled up. UNK faces a similar situation with the return of Worthington, who's nowhere the play maker of Jackson. However, UNK 'stat stuffers' last year at the RB and WR position; well most teams could get that kind of production in just a couple good games, so it's not much for losses.)

(Both teams return a lot on defense and if either team wants to really have success need to stake their claim on this side of the ball. UL returns 8 of their top 10 tacklers and one of the missing guys, Ace Rogers, is an assistant coach who can still provide some great help from the sidelines. UNK used a lot of blitzing schemes to produce the tackles and turnovers but that was to help mask the non-existant front line, I suspect they'll resort to that again.)

(Spraul was an adequate placekicker for UL to try and replace and Sparks who was the do it all offensive player that provided the returns. UNK actually has a returning FG kicker, but he missed his opportunities last year so I'm not giving him credit. UNK only made 2 field goals all year out of just 8 attempts. That seems kind of ridiculous. Maybe they should try their excellent punter and all-name team Buschkoetter)

Both these teams look to bring solid defense returners to the 2018 season, which is a good place to start if you want to compete in the MIAA. However, if their offenses can't maintain drives to get the defense some breaks it's going to be a long season I fear for both teams. Lindenwood has a leg up with Najee Jackson. I also think both coaches are still working on building out their rosters and are a few years away from it all clicking, with UNK much further away.
                              Not to nit pick, but both coaches will be in their second year at their respective schools...

Comment

Najee Jackson may not even be the starter next year. He's in a battle with redshirt freshman Cade Brister who was the MO State 5A offensive player of the year. Ceiling is higher with Cade, and might be better than Jackson right now. Not a knock on Najee, because he did very well last year, but Cade has the potential to turn the program around. As far as weapons, LU may actually be a bit better in that department with the addition of the monster transfer from SEMO Cam Sanders and with Erik Henneman (who will be in the mix for best TE and redzone threat in the league) now eligible. They've made some improvements up front that should help open things up as well.

Defensively they'll look to Jon Harris and transfer Uchenna to help solidify the front to allow for some athletic linebackers and secondary to make plays. Lots of talent graduated from the defensive backfield. Some guys are going to have to step up big time.
                                Cool Story Bro

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X