Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Southwest Baptist leaving MIAA

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
    Time to revisit this....Benedictine out of Chicago, who was supposed to come into the GLVC next year with SBU, has decided they will remain D3.

That leaves the GLVC at 15 schools, and likely looking to add another member. I don't know anything other than what I've heard, but if I had to speculate I'd say Lindenwood would make a likely target if they're looking to move.
    GLVC reps were apparently on Lindenwood's campus going through the vetting process in late July/early August. If I had to guess I would say Lindenwood to GLVC is just a matter of time.

Comment

I hate to see Elwood go. Nice to have a presence in St Louis, and they are making the right moves to compete in the MIAA.

Comment

Newman is a catholic school in Wichita.

Comment

^Pours out 40 for BigSig.

I'll miss him the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
            ^Pours out 40 for BigSig.

I'll miss him the most.
            Lol.... hopefully I can come back here and mix it up a couple times a year if we can manage to schedule non conference games.
            Cool Story Bro

Comment

The only thing I can figure is the MIAA is adding Newman to get a footprint in Wichita because it is a large market to get money out of. They have to see some sort of financial gain coming from adding Newman or I don't see them bringing them over.

Comment

I saw it as the MIAA doing something for Division II as a whole. Sometimes individual schools need some help and this was one of those times. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I viewed it.

Comment

When Newman was announced I figured that the powers that be wanted a 16 team mega conference and Newman was just the first shoe and we would wait for the other shoe to fall. As it turns out the other shoe was Baptist leaving. Newman is an easy replacement that is already in the MIAA footprint. There is no impact on football since they don't have a team and it makes sense of the decision to put Baptist in the west and Pitt in the east for basketball.

Comment

With everyone else from the Heartland Conference going over to the LSC, this was probably the best scenario for Newman. That puts 20 (w/ UT-Tyler moving up from D3) members in the LSC, but no one in the Heartland played football. Interestingly enough, I read an article recently about the University of Texas at Tyler. Either their president or their AD was asked about adding football with their move to the LSC and stated that "football is never out of the question in the state of Texas." Take that for what it is worth, I guess.

Comment

I always wondered.
                      How do sports programs and the church coexist at a university?
                      Do they focus on raising money for the church, then funnel it into the school, or do they hit alumni up from both sides?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X