Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIAA to Change Membership Requirements

No longer have to have football to be member. Newman can become a full member.

http://themiaa.com/news/2018/6/17/ge...-athletes.aspx

Re: MIAA to Change Membership Requirements

Originally posted by Randy View Post
    No longer have to have football to be member. Newman can become a full member.

http://themiaa.com/news/2018/6/17/ge...-athletes.aspx

Comment

Comment

Football no longer required, but all new members must have a bowling team.

Comment

With the no football requirement and given their locations, I wonder if Rockhurst (KC) and Drury (Springfield, MO) might be the next schools to apply for MIAA membership.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
            With the no football requirement and given their locations, I wonder if Rockhurst (KC) and Drury (Springfield, MO) might be the next schools to apply for MIAA membership.
            From a competitive standpoint, Drury brings a lot more to the table than Rockhurst; Drury finished 3rd out of 14 teams in the GLVC's all-sports trophy standings, while Rockhurst finished 12th. In the GLVC's Commissioner's Cup standings (which takes the results of the league's seven core sports: men's/women's soccer, volleyball, men's/women's basketball, softball and baseball, Drury finished 4th while Rockhurst finished 9th.

Take that for what it's worth...
            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Comment

Comment

Which tells me that the MIAA is expecting to lose another football school or they might be adding football schools. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I'm just sitting here in the "other" Pittsburgh, so what do I know? lol

Comment

I don't care how it looks as long as there are two non-conference games.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                      Which tells me that the MIAA is expecting to lose another football school or they might be adding football schools. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I'm just sitting here in the "other" Pittsburgh, so what do I know? lol
                      I don't think it implies anything. Just that they are prepared whatever the future holds. 14 conference teams playing football would be a j-o-k.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
                        I don't think it implies anything. Just that they are prepared whatever the future holds. 14 conference teams playing football would be a j-o-k.
                        Could mean they are expecting LU to try a jump to the GLVC... which I would friggin hate.

It makes more sense for them to be in the GLVC in every facet except my feelings. The more and more I read the tea leaves, the more I think it's going to eventually happen.

With what Stugart is building at LU, they have a chance to become a perennial power in the GLVC. Will that ever translate into being competitive on a national stage though?
                        Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                          I don't care how it looks as long as there are two non-conference games.

There are twelve football schools and they all play each other for an eleven game MIAA schedule. To have two-non conference games and still play everybody in the MIAA we would have to drop back to ten football schools for a nine game MIAA schedule. We all like the idea of two non-conference games, but which two football schools are going to leave the MIAA?

I'm not a fan of adding more football schools to the MIAA and then not getting a chance to play everyone in the conference. I like the fact that we crown a true champion because everybody plays everybody. I would not want to give that up just so we could have a non-conference game or two.

In addition, we would also have to find other conferences that have room in their schedules for non-conference games. So, that makes it even more complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulas View Post
                            There are twelve football schools and they all play each other for an eleven game MIAA schedule. To have two-non conference games and still play everybody in the MIAA we would have to drop back to ten football schools for a nine game MIAA schedule. We all like the idea of two non-conference games, but which two football schools are going to leave the MIAA?
                            I don't care how many they add or subtract, I just like two non-con games.

I'm not a fan of adding more football schools to the MIAA and then not getting a chance to play everyone in the conference. I like the fact that we crown a true champion because everybody plays everybody. I would not want to give that up just so we could have a non-conference game or two.
                            I couldn't care less about a round robin schedule. I just don't. Just an opinion and not being critical of you for wanting that. I'd give that up in half a second it if meant some diversity in scheduling. Playing the same teams every year is boring. Around the country, non-conference games are some of the most exciting.

In addition, we would also have to find other conferences that have room in their schedules for non-conference games. So, that makes it even more complicated.
                            The only reason the NSIC went to the conference-only scheduling model was out of a reaction to the MIAA. This trend is the MIAA's fault and it's stupid. It's one of the best conferences in the country in the center of the country with easy trips against the GLVC, NSIC, GAC, RMAC, and even the LSC and instead it chose to try to isolate everyone.

This is how it should be done....

https://twitter.com/gvsufootball/sta...06049043632128

Comment

I guess the MIAA commissioner would have to start by polling each MIAA school's athletic director and coach to find out the level of interest in non-conference games. Then if the interest level is high enough the commissioner would need to contact the commissioners from the other surrounding conferences to gauge their interest. Brandon, do you think the MIAA athletic directors and coaches want to change the system and allow for non-conference games? I mean, we all want it, but do they? Do you have any hard information either way or what's your best educated guess?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X