Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Camp Open

Losing to Northwest is something Central has been able to do anywhere.

All kidding aside, the real reason is probably $$$. The prior year, a Northwest home game, the crowd was over 15,000. Last year, a Central home game, had a crowd under 12,000. Central had over 10,000 for the opener against Pitt and anyone who was there can verify there was room for more. If the crowd doesn't justify the bigger facility, why pay the fees?

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

All kidding aside, the real reason is probably $$$. The prior year, a Northwest home game, the crowd was over 15,000. Last year, a Central home game, had a crowd under 12,000. Central had over 10,000 for the opener against Pitt and anyone who was there can verify there was room for more. If the crowd doesn't justify the bigger facility, why pay the fees?
      I think it has some value as a status thing and selling point for recruits.

Comment

Just for me personally. Going to an NFL Stadium is fun. Tailgating there is more fun. Seeing a game from the stands is fun and different.

Going to games on campus are ok as well. Smaller atmosphere is nice.

Comment

How does the money thing work when we play at Arrowhead. Do the schools make any money off the game or are they putting out money to play at Arrowhead. Does anybody on the message board know for sure on the money aspect? Maybe it all depends on crowd size. When Pitt and NW started playing at Arrowhead I think they were drawing around 25,000 fans to the game. As mentioned, last year the "crowd" at Arrowhead was under 12,000. I understand the many reasons for playing at Arrowhead, but just considering crowd size.... I believe the crowd would have been over 14,000 had last years game been played in Warrensburg. How cool would it be "IF" the Mules and Bearcats are both undefeated coming into this years final conference game in Warrensburg.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulas View Post
            How does the money thing work when we play at Arrowhead. Do the schools make any money off the game or are they putting out money to play at Arrowhead. Does anybody on the message board know for sure on the money aspect? Maybe it all depends on crowd size. When Pitt and NW started playing at Arrowhead I think they were drawing around 25,000 fans to the game. As mentioned, last year the "crowd" at Arrowhead was under 12,000. I understand the many reasons for playing at Arrowhead, but just considering crowd size.... I believe the crowd would have been over 14,000 had last years game been played in Warrensburg. How cool would it be "IF" the Mules and Bearcats are both undefeated coming into this years final conference game in Warrensburg.
            Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Thanks Dude, that certainly makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by catz54 View Post
                Just for me personally. Going to an NFL Stadium is fun. Tailgating there is more fun. Seeing a game from the stands is fun and different.

Going to games on campus are ok as well. Smaller atmosphere is nice.
                That game was a blast! seeing my son on the home side of Arrowhead was really cool!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X