Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, This Came Up ....

Apparently, Coach Beck has raised (or had it raised to him) the possibility of the NW-Pitt version of the Fall Classic coming back to Arrowhead.

https://www.facebook.com/lenardkoam/...6179067514091/
    Last edited by lleachieshusband; 08-01-2018, 02:17 PM.

Re: So, This Came Up ....

Hoping it never happens, but if there is extra money to be made, I could see it happening again.

Comment

Originally posted by lleachieshusband View Post
      Apparently, Coach Beck has raised (or had it raised to him) the possibility of the NW-Pitt version of the Fall Classic coming back to Arrowhead.

In an every other year situation, would NW always be the home team? If so, I imagine Pitt State would be on board for that.

Comment

Apparently, Coach Beck has raised (or had it raised to him) the possibility of the NW-Pitt version of the Fall Classic coming back to Arrowhead. ...............

I don't have real attendance figures handy.
        But the last time NW was here, the place was half empty with as many green fans as red.

Comment

Originally posted by optionright View Post
          I don't have real attendance figures handy.
          But the last time NW was here, the place was half empty with as many green fans as red.
          That is what happens when you have a losing record and are out of the playoffs by then.

Comment

I hope not!

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
              I hope not!
              Get Off My Lawn

Comment

That is what happens when you have a losing record and are out of the playoffs by then.
                Exactly.....Pitt hasn't been holding up their part of the bargain since this game came back to campus with poor play. No reason Carnie Smith shouldn't be standing room only or sold out when NW comes to visit. Hopefully both teams are undefeated or 1 loss when they play this year. It makes it fun for Pitt fans and NW fans when the stadium is full. I want another crowd like we had for the semifinal game with Delta State when NW comes to town this October. That was unreal.....

Comment

Originally posted by PittStateFootball View Post
                  Exactly.....Pitt hasn't been holding up their part of the bargain since this game came back to campus with poor play. No reason Carnie Smith shouldn't be standing room only or sold out when NW comes to visit. Hopefully both teams are undefeated or 1 loss when they play this year. It makes it fun for Pitt fans and NW fans when the stadium is full. I want another crowd like we had for the semifinal game with Delta State when NW comes to town this October. That was unreal.....
                  Pretty sure each team has won 2 and lost 2 since it came back to campus.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                    Pretty sure each team has won 2 and lost 2 since it came back to campus.
                    Sorry, meant our performance before we play NW....By the time we play NW we are pretty much out of the playoff hunt and fans fail to attend.

Comment

So they tell me. I made all home games that funerals didn't interfere with.

Comment

Comment

Pitt State's already scheduled that game as Hall of Fame induction weekend, so it's not moving this year. The issue that you'll find with Pitt State is the same as the issue with Central: not much interest from UCM or PSU in giving up a home game. If NW wanted to always give up a home game, then the MIAA needs to re-stagger the schedule in the next round of schedule adjustments to arrange them to play PSU and UCM at home in alternating years and then NW can just alternate opponents at Arrowhead.

Comment

This could be some wishful thinking but I wonder about the interest of FHSU playing Nw at arrowhead. Somewhat shortens the drive (45 min) and hays alumni tend to travel to KC area well, at least they always did when they were playing in the Womens MIAA tournament. Not sure if it's enough numbers to float the cost of playing at arrowhead but a thought.

Comment

UCM gave up a home game in 2017 to play NW at Arrowhead. I assume it was to return the favor since NW gave up their home game in 2016 to play UCM at Arrowhead.

This year UCM is the home team again vs. Northwest, but they play the last game of the season which is senior day for UCM. You gotta play that game at home to honor the seniors and their families.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X