Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning QB's

Pitt and hays have experienced QB's coming back In Roderique and Mezzera.

Who will the other likely starting QB's be in a few weeks?

Re: Returning QB's

For NW (only team I know about this year)

We aren't returning either kid that played last year. Who will start is the big question of the year. Whomever will have lots of support around him on the offensive side. One of either Wright, Kowalski, or Brannan. Wright and Brannan can both run. Apparently, the freshman QB from Illinois could make some noise, but i have never seen a True Freshman that could start for Northwest at QB and I don't think this year will be an exception.

Comment

Originally posted by catz54 View Post
      For NW (only team I know about this year)

We aren't returning either kid that played last year. Who will start is the big question of the year. Whomever will have lots of support around him on the offensive side. One of either Wright, Kowalski, or Brannan. Wright and Brannan can both run. Apparently, the freshman QB from Illinois could make some noise, but i have never seen a True Freshman that could start for Northwest at QB and I don't think this year will be an exception.
      Yeah NW looks stacked at RB. Do they return a lot of OL?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
        Yeah NW looks stacked at RB. Do they return a lot of OL?
        They return 3 players on the OL. Thomas (C), Bautz (G), Owen (T). I think they have some guys that are pretty athletic younger kids though. RB, like you said, is stacked with Caldwell, Jones, Strayhorn (Transfer), and Thomas (Fr). WR is also pretty solid with Bane back to full health. I think there are some others that are poised for good years. Who knows though, everyone seems awesome before the season starts, but cautiously optimistic that whomever takes snaps at QB (and it may be more than 1) will have tons of options.

I think Pitt's D is supposed to be tough right? I apologize but with ties to local HS football and coaching youth, I don't get a chance to see other teams as much as I would like anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by catz54 View Post
          They return 3 players on the OL. Thomas (C), Bautz (G), Owen (T). I think they have some guys that are pretty athletic younger kids though. RB, like you said, is stacked with Caldwell, Jones, Strayhorn (Transfer), and Thomas (Fr). WR is also pretty solid with Bane back to full health. I think there are some others that are poised for good years. Who knows though, everyone seems awesome before the season starts, but cautiously optimistic that whomever takes snaps at QB (and it may be more than 1) will have tons of options.

I think Pitt's D is supposed to be tough right? I apologize but with ties to local HS football and coaching youth, I don't get a chance to see other teams as much as I would like anymore.
          They return a bunch of starters on D and improved a lot this year. Whispers from camp say CB will be a super strong position this year. It's Dreiling's first year as DC, so I have high hopes, but only time will tell.

I'm in the same boat when it comes tyo time between work and taking care of my mom. I have no idea what's going on outside of PSU.

I do manage to see a few Lamar HS games a season on nights when I get off work before the game is out of reach since I live a block away, but other than that and Pitt, I'm really outof the loop.

Comment

Bolles III for Central. Best QB in the conference. DL play will determine if Central will win the conference.

Comment

They return a bunch of starters on D and improved a lot this year. Whispers from camp say CB will be a super strong position this year. It's Dreiling's first year as DC, so I have high hopes, but only time will tell.

I'm in the same boat when it comes tyo time between work and taking care of my mom. I have no idea what's going on outside of PSU.

I do manage to see a few Lamar HS games a season on nights when I get off work before the game is out of reach since I live a block away, but other than that and Pitt, I'm really outof the loop.
              That was a quick turnaround.

Comment

I'm hearing you have a player at CB that is a John Brown type of player in terms of ability. That should be helpful.

Comment

I bet we see Kowalski (pocket passer) as the starter (Soph, 6'4, 220lb) and Braden Wright (RS-FR runner) coming in as a change of pace.

Comment

Najee Jackson who played very well for LU last year is returning for his senior year, however he's currently in a battle with RS freshman Cade Brister for the starting spot.

Brister is the real deal and will be a great player whether that be this year or next and beyond.
                    Cool Story Bro

Comment

Zach Flott, starter on NW OL is back as well.

Comment

Originally posted by OICU812 View Post
                        Zach Flott, starter on NW OL is back as well.
                        Sorry for missing Zach. I was just looking at the participation from the playoff game and it list Huff and Kubieck as starters.

Comment

Probably the deepest returning QB conference in the nation

Washburn - Blake Peterson - Jr. - 2,300 yard passer, 500 yards rushing
                          Fort Hays - Jacob Mezera - Sr. - 2,800 yard passer
                          Emporia - Braxton Marstall - Sr. - 2,800 yard passer, 300 yards rushing
                          Central Mo - Brook Bolles - Sr. - 3,800 yard passer, 500 yards rushing
                          Mo West - Dom Marino - Sr. - 900 yard passer, 500 yards rushing
                          Northeastern - Cade Yeager - So. - 1,700 yard passer
                          Lindenwood - Najee Jackson - Sr. - 2,400 yard passer

As has been said, Jackson may not even be the QB at Lindenwood, but will likely be elsewhere on the field. And Mo So should of had returning QBs but neither VanDever or Scott are on their current roster.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
                            Najee Jackson who played very well for LU last year is returning for his senior year, however he's currently in a battle with RS freshman Cade Brister for the starting spot.

Brister is the real deal and will be a great player whether that be this year or next and beyond.
                            I would think Max Meylor would be in the mix as well, no? Saw limited action last year as 2nd string.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
                              And Mo So should of had returning QBs but neither VanDever or Scott are on their current roster.
                              Sean Kelly will be the starter at MOSO. He is a 6-2 200 lb. Junior transfer from Monroe College where he was 2nd team all conference. Denver is extremely high on him saying that he has the "it" factor.

VanDever and Scott didn't work out. VanDever was one of our most productive receivers at the end of the year. Scott played some at QB and some at safety last year. Hope Kelly is a big upgrade for us and is as good as Denver is talking him up.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X