Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• preseason scrimmages

Anyone plan on making their respective teams. Lindenwood is scrimmaging tomorrow morning. I'm going to try to make it.
    Cool Story Bro

Re: preseason scrimmages

Well you guys are tons of fun lol.

I got to watch a little bit of practice this morning. Scrimmaged a little bit. There's definitely a different energy in practice this year. Not as much hot dog chirping, negativity, or poor body language. Most everyone seemed 100% engaged in whatever was going on in practice at that time. Lots of positivity and a great energy. There were times in the past where certain groups of players seem to kind of go off and do their own thing. Oftentimes they'd be key players too. The leaders on this team are doing exactly that it seems. Keeping everybody accountable and leading. Overall just a much better atmosphere.

Personnel-wise, there seems to be more Talent on the field than they've had in a while in the trenches. There are some bigger bodies in there now and overall it looks more like an MIAA line than they have in the past. The skill positions on the offensive side of the ball are largely untested. Especially at wide receiver. Kai Collier has left the team and they've graduated there other top three receivers from last year. There are a few guys that could make an impact, especially when you count the tight ends, but it's still a question of how it will shake out. As long as Nash Sutherlin can hang on to the ball, he and Cam Sanders should make a formidable duo in the backfield and help Lindenwood have a top rushing attack again this year.

On the defensive side the d-line should be a team strength this year. They have some depth there and some very talented players. Jonathan Harris and Uchenna should cause a lot of opposing offensive lines headaches.

Overall I think the team will be better than last year for sure. Whether that translates into more wins and how many more wins remains to be seen.
    Cool Story Bro

Comment

How did the quarterback competition look?

Comment

Originally posted by LeoTheLion View Post
        How did the quarterback competition look?
        Cade Brister looked to work with the #1s more than any of the others. I'm not 100% about the rest as they weren't wearing their actual game numbers. I think Max Meylor was getting the 2nd team reps, followed by the transfer Barlow and Alex Faddoul.

Truthfully, all of them performed very well. They each may some very good throws. Brister's mobility will be of great benefit. Jed has a great problem to have right now in that he has several very good choices to play QB. The fact that it appears Najee Jackson has been moved to WR is evident of that. He didn't light the world on fire by any means, but he averaged 200+ yards per game and threw more TD's than picks. If the coaching staff is pretty confident moving that production from out of the QB position so that we can get his athleticism on the field in other areas, I'd say they feel pretty good about what they have under center!
        Cool Story Bro

Comment

I will be at MSSU's final scrimmage on Saturday. A lot of newcomers I am interested to see, particularly at WR, DL and DB. Southern is going to be YOUNG at receiver this year and it looks like they added a few big bodies to the DL in the late signing period.

I'm also very curious to see Caleb Batie at RB. He is a bigger, more downhill type runner out of Pearl River (MS) CC. The addition of a big, physical runner like that combined with the fact that everyone says that the OL has a chance to be a strength on this team with 4 starters returning might *finally* give MOSO a viable option for, ya know, moving the football on offense.

Comment

Originally posted by NewmanAndDuquesne View Post
            I will be at MSSU's final scrimmage on Saturday. A lot of newcomers I am interested to see, particularly at WR, DL and DB. Southern is going to be YOUNG at receiver this year and it looks like they added a few big bodies to the DL in the late signing period.

I'm also very curious to see Caleb Batie at RB. He is a bigger, more downhill type runner out of Pearl River (MS) CC. The addition of a big, physical runner like that combined with the fact that everyone says that the OL has a chance to be a strength on this team with 4 starters returning might *finally* give MOSO a viable option for, ya know, moving the football on offense.
            Congrats on hopefully watching a W!!

Comment

https://newmanandduquesne.wordpress....rday-practice/

There are my takeaways from the MSSU practice Saturday/season preview. They didn't scrimmage after all, they just ran another practice.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X