Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fort Hayes sucks!

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
    Tank 7 is bitter...but to some that is ok. I prefer more of a Natty Light, Buckhorn, Red White Blue, Pabst, Schlitz, Olympia, Old Style, Falstaff, Hamm's, Strohs and Old Milwaukee
    You mix those all together?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
      Tank 7 is bitter...but to some that is ok. I prefer more of a Natty Light, Buckhorn, Red White Blue, Pabst, Schlitz, Olympia, Old Style, Falstaff, Hamm's, Strohs and Old Milwaukee
      Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post
      You mix those all together?

You're going to blow lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
        Battle of the scrubs.... how cute
        What?
        Last edited by Shanghai Mule; 08-27-2018, 01:31 AM.

Comment

FHSU by 10, going to be a crazy atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by FHSUALUM View Post
            FHSU by 10, going to be a crazy atmosphere.
            It's cute that Fort HayEs fans think they are great now. After this week you'll be back in familiar territory, at the bottom of the MIAA.

Comment

Think the game comes down to a couple things

Is FHSU defense or UCM offense more prepared at the start of the season

Does Mezera have a go to guy to replace Burchfield...Mezera isn't the most accurate QB and his WR could bail him out a bit and he always took about 4 deep shots to Burchfield a game.

Comment

Originally posted by JuicedMule View Post
                It's cute that Fort HayEs fans think they are great now. After this week you'll be back in familiar territory, at the bottom of the MIAA.
                I bet the 6 hour bus ride home with the fat "L" is going to be great. My mama says that the Mules fans are ornery because they got that really good quarterback and can't win any championships.

Comment

Originally posted by JuicedMule View Post
                  I think a lot of the FHSU hype is based on all their tough games being at home. If UCM holds it together and stays healthy you will see domination this year.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
                    Think the game comes down to a couple things

Is FHSU defense or UCM offense more prepared at the start of the season

Does Mezera have a go to guy to replace Burchfield...Mezera isn't the most accurate QB and his WR could bail him out a bit and he always took about 4 deep shots to Burchfield a game.
                    Amen!!

Comment

Originally posted by UCMfootballdad View Post
                      I think a lot of the FHSU hype is based on all their tough games being at home. If UCM holds it together and stays healthy you will see domination this year.
                      I have thought Central would make the step the last couple years, they've let me down enough I can no longer be on the Central winning the MIAA train. I always start out the year high on Central making noise only to get disappointed. I really thought last year was their year.

Comment

I thought the FHSU hype was based on a good defense returning a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                          I thought the FHSU hype was based on a good defense returning a lot.
                          They lost 13 seniors, 5 of them on D. Big loss was Nathan Shepherd. Then you have some natural loss that happens year to year. Last year they had 17 Juniors, and this year they only have 9 Seniors. FHSU has a huge Junior class of 26 kids this year. It'll be interesting to see how FHSU does as they haven't had the history/data on them yet if they can sustain excellence or if they'll drop some. Emporia had a good run and has came back to the middle of the MIAA some. It'll be a fun year. Lots of young teams in the MIAA this year.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
                            They lost 13 seniors, 5 of them on D. Big loss was Nathan Shepherd. Then you have some natural loss that happens year to year. Last year they had 17 Juniors, and this year they only have 9 Seniors. FHSU has a huge Junior class of 26 kids this year. It'll be interesting to see how FHSU does as they haven't had the history/data on them yet if they can sustain excellence or if they'll drop some. Emporia had a good run and has came back to the middle of the MIAA some. It'll be a fun year. Lots of young teams in the MIAA this year.
                            I just looked at their starters against Ferris. They lost 2 DL, and 1 CB, the rest are still on the roster. Returning 8/11 usually bodes well.

Comment

Originally posted by UCMfootballdad View Post
                              I thought maybe the Hays hype is due to the fact that they are defending outright/undefeated MIAA champions (11-0 in 2017). Southern was the last team other than Northwest or Pitt to do that when they were 9-0 in 1993. The last time the Mules were the outright/undefeated MIAA champions was 1986 when they went 5-0 (the MIAA was a bit different then).

We all know preseason predictions are often based on last season.
                              Last edited by Randy; 08-27-2018, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                                I just looked at their starters against Ferris. They lost 2 DL, and 1 CB, the rest are still on the roster. Returning 8/11 usually bodes well.
                                To pull a quote from a Fort Hays fan last year. When you lose NFL talent it's hard to replace that on the line. Especially one that went in the 3rd round. Line will be key to see if the 2 replacements will be at the level of last years.

NW has the same question mark, they lost a lot on the line, they return 2 key pieces to the line but there is question marks elsewhere. They did gain a previous starter back that had left the team last year so that be interesting to see how he does being out of football a year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X