X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Re: Fort Hayes sucks!

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
      To pull a quote from a Fort Hays fan last year. When you lose NFL talent it's hard to replace that on the line. Especially one that went in the 3rd round. Line will be key to see if the 2 replacements will be at the level of last years.

NW has the same question mark, they lost a lot on the line, they return 2 key pieces to the line but there is question marks elsewhere. They did gain a previous starter back that had left the team last year so that be interesting to see how he does being out of football a year.
      I can see the loss of Shepherd being tough, but expect the Hays D to be pretty good again this year.

Comment

Yeah. I wish it wasn't week 1, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
          I thought maybe the Hays hype is due to the fact that they are defending outright/undefeated MIAA champions (11-0 in 2017). Southern was the last team other than Northwest or Pitt to do that when they were 9-0 in 1993. The last time the Mules were the outright/undefeated MIAA champions was 1986 when they went 5-0 (the MIAA was a bit different then).

We all know preseason predictions are often based on last season.
          The MIAA when the M actually stood for Missouri, and 3 years before Pitt State joined the conference and moved up to D2.
          I like turtles.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
            Hays named after a Union General

Warrensburg named after a dumb blacksmith

Hey, mules need shoes. At least Warrensburg was named after someone who actually lived in the area. I don't believe General Hays ever set foot in Kansas.....why would he.
            Last edited by Shanghai Mule; 08-27-2018, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
              Boulevard Sixth Sense ... a beautiful beer! :good:
              Last time I was in KC I had one that had a smokey taste that was good. All in all, Boulevard is pretty good (though prefer Elysian and the stuff that is made out in my neck of the woods more)

Comment

This game will come down to which team is more physical. I look for the Mules to try and establish the run with their two STUD running backs. The passingly game will always be there as they have the best WR/TE/QB in the league, without question. The Mules defense will determine this game. If they can play sound assignment football and limit the big plays they should be fine. And as always special teams will be a huge factor. I look for the Mules to win in a tight one! 28-24! They won't be looking past the defending MIAA champions! Should be an exciting year for the Mules.

Comment

Originally posted by transparent58 View Post
                  The MIAA when the M actually stood for Missouri, and 3 years before Pitt State joined the conference and moved up to D2.
                  so they could help keep the moole down....

Comment

'Boda ball, as I know it, is not about establishing the run. It is based on deception and airing it out. Brown's Defense will be the most physical unit on the field.

This is the game of the week, and a tough one to pick. It's a long way out to Ft Hays. Pack your lunch.

Last edited by NW Normal; 08-28-2018, 07:40 AM. Reason: added image

Comment

Originally posted by MuleManiac View Post
                      This game will come down to which team is more physical. I look for the Mules to try and establish the run with their two STUD running backs. The passingly game will always be there as they have the best WR/TE/QB in the league, without question. The Mules defense will determine this game. If they can play sound assignment football and limit the big plays they should be fine. And as always special teams will be a huge factor. I look for the Mules to win in a tight one! 28-24! They won't be looking past the defending MIAA champions! Should be an exciting year for the Mules.
                      LOL! DId you just say Coach Svo(would rather throw it backwards than run it forwards)boda would try to establish the run?

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
                        Hey, mules need shoes. At least Warrensburg was named after someone who actually lived in the area. I don't believe General Hays ever set foot in Kansas.....why would he.
                        Because Kansas was actually on the right side of the Civil War.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post
                          You mix those all together?
                          I have when I went to one of your TAU parties.

Comment

Originally posted by Go-Rilla View Post
                            Because Kansas was actually on the right side of the Civil War.
                            Actually ole General Hays did pass through the heartland on his way to the California gold fields, but he chose to bypass Kansas and instead traveled through Nebraska. Maybe it wasn't a total slap at Kansas.....perhaps he just wanted to see the Sandhill Cranes (NE) instead of the world's biggest ball of twine (KS).

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
                              Actually ole General Hays did pass through the heartland on his way to the California gold fields, but he chose to bypass Kansas and instead traveled through Nebraska. Maybe it wasn't a total slap at Kansas.....perhaps he just wanted to see the Sandhill Cranes (NE) instead of the world's biggest ball of twine (KS).
                              KS has sandhill Cranes.

In fact they have Cheyenne bottoms where you can see everything from cowbirds, to pelicans, to bald eagles in the same day. Not a birdwatcher myself, but that place is worth the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
                                Hays named after a Union General

Warrensburg named after a dumb blacksmith

Wrong.... Hays, Kansas was named after the old cowboy movie star Gabby Hayes and they just dropped the "e" to reflect the simplicity of the "waste lands" of America.
                                Last edited by Donkeydamus; 08-28-2018, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X