Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fort Hayes sucks!

Originally posted by Mulas View Post
    Wrong.... Hays, Kansas was named after the old cowboy movie star Gabby Hays.
    The story went like this:

As the founders of Hays, KS were settling the area, they noticed several fields that other homesteaders had planted. Unable to identify this mysterious plant, they asked the homesteader. The man grunted out "Oh those are my hays fields", and they were so awed by this they determined that they would name their town after this mystical crop
    --The history of Kansas, J. Hawker 1942

Comment

You may be onto something.

Also see: The history of the wastelands of Kansas, Gabby.Hayes 1943

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
        KS has sandhill Cranes.

In fact they have Cheyenne bottoms where you can see everything from cowbirds, to pelicans, to bald eagles in the same day. Not a birdwatcher myself, but that place is worth the trip.
        Also the ball of twine is underrated. The smell of musty wet sisal is a sensory experience not to be missed.

Comment

KS has sandhill Cranes.

In fact they have Cheyenne bottoms where you can see everything from cowbirds, to pelicans, to bald eagles in the same day. Not a birdwatcher myself, but that place is worth the trip.
          We need to get Psycho's opinion on this, being the only birder I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by da_miner View Post
            We need to get Psycho's opinion on this, being the only birder I know of.
            I'm a birder as well. I've had 3 National GeoGraphic Editors choice on their website this summer!!

Here's one from today. I need to edit it a bit but most of the sites want no edits on them.

Comment

KS has sandhill Cranes.

The Lee G. Simmons in Ashland, NE you can see all of those, and Squaw Creek/Loess Bluffs Refuge in Mound City has a ton of them as well!

Comment

LOL! DId you just say Coach Svo(would rather throw it backwards than run it forwards)boda would try to establish the run?
                Mules were 3rd in rushing offense last year as well as 2nd in rushing attempts. We will see Thursday! Looking forward to a great first week in the MIAA.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
                  The Lee G. Simmons in Ashland, NE you can see all of those, and Squaw Creek/Loess Bluffs Refuge in Mound City has a ton of them as well!
                  They both have ducks and that is what really matters!

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
                    Think the game comes down to a couple things

Is FHSU defense or UCM offense more prepared at the start of the season

Does Mezera have a go to guy to replace Burchfield...Mezera isn't the most accurate QB and his WR could bail him out a bit and he always took about 4 deep shots to Burchfield a game.
                    REMEMBER this name - Jamare Davis, #81. That will be Burchfields replacement but twice the speed and 1/2 the size. The kid is like Tyreek Hill...no one can run with him. The mules DB's are gonna sh**

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton21dad View Post
                      REMEMBER this name - Jamare Davis, #81. That will be Burchfields replacement but twice the speed and 1/2 the size. The kid is like Tyreek Hill...no one can run with him. The mules DB's are gonna sh**
                      Jmari Davis?

Highlights look pretty good. Very quick. Not convinced about top end speed though.

His hudl says he runs a 4.34 40yd dash, but apparently runs a 11.0 100 meter dash.... that doesn't add up. Obviously fudging a bit on that 40yd dash. An 11.0 100 meter dash correlates to a 4.5-4.6 range.

That was his junior year, so I imagine he's gained some speed since then in the past 2 years. That would be an amazing jump if it's down to 4.34 speed now though.
                      Last edited by bigsig50; 08-29-2018, 08:52 AM.
                      Cool Story Bro

Comment

So you are saying... He's nothing like Burchfield at all.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
                          Jmari Davis?

Highlights look pretty good. Very quick. Not convinced about top end speed though.

His hudl says he runs a 4.34 40yd dash, but apparently runs a 11.0 100 meter dash.... that doesn't add up. Obviously fudging a bit on that 40yd dash. An 11.0 100 meter dash correlates to a 4.5-4.6 range.

That was his junior year, so I imagine he's gained some speed since then in the past 2 years. That would be an amazing jump if it's down to 4.34 speed now though.
                          I never agree with the 40yd to 100 meter conversion, it never adds up. My son ran 4.48 and 10.9's but that doesnt add up either. But I've seen the distance Davis puts on db's at the top of his routes, impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by TDs&Beer View Post
                            Uh yeah, guess so

Comment

Originally posted by TDs&Beer View Post
                              Ya gotta admit, that's pretty fast for a guy who's apparently a midget.

Comment

I never agree with the 40yd to 100 meter conversion, it never adds up. My son ran 4.48 and 10.9's but that doesnt add up either. But I've seen the distance Davis puts on db's at the top of his routes, impressive.
                                According to the charts I'm looking at, 4.48 to 10.9ish does correlate actually.

100m time Estimated 40-yard dash
                                9.79 4.2
                                10.27 4.3
                                10.64 4.4
                                10.95 4.5
                                11.21 4.6
                                11.45 4.7
                                11.73 4.8
                                Cool Story Bro

Comment

Ad3

Collapse