Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindenwood at MSSU

I'll go ahead and start this one, even though the sting of yesterday isn't really gone yet.

I saw a lot of great things from the Lions. Particularly on the defensive side of the ball.

Successes to build on:
    Defensive line play: WU didn't have much room to run all night. They also got enough pressure on Peterson to force a few bad throws. A couple were picked off.
    Overall defense: Linebackers and DB did there job for the most part too. A couple of blown coverages did hurt us, but that will be corrected.
    Cade Brister: He threw for TD, ran for one, completed 66% of his passes and ran for 90 yards (not net).

Need to improve:
    Special teams tackling. Letcher looked like he could make you miss in phone booth. I really do hope he's that good and it wasn't our poor effort in tackling.
    Running Game: Aside from scrambles and designed draws by Brister, we were stifled up front in the 2nd half. WU wasn't that big so this really concerns me. We have some big boys. I'm not certain what WU was running in the first half, but I sat in the endzone seating in the 2nd half and it looked like WU was running more of a 3-4 or 3-5 and blitzing the crap out of us. As a former OL, I know I hated playing against 3-4's because it got confusing. This is just speculation though.

Hopefully the Lions can address these shortcomings and have a chance to really sharpen things up against a very young MSSU squad.
    Cool Story Bro

Re: Lindenwood at MSSU

MSSU better come out and compete a lot better than they did in their last game, or it could/should be the last game where Denver Johnson is the HC at MSSU.

I guess I just expected them not to get boat raced by Kearney....and this could get pretty ugly quickly unless the D gets some stops and the offense decides that it might as well score when they are on the field.

Comment

Cool Story Bro

Comment

I am hopeful that we see some significant progress in this game as for as the defense, but also the offense. You cant have your defense on the field the entire game and expect them to play at a high level....MSSU needs to sustain some drives and score.

Comment

The Elwood dline seemed OK against Washburn, but the rest of the D seemed slow or maybe just out of position a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
            The Elwood dline seemed OK against Washburn, but the rest of the D seemed slow or maybe just out of position a lot.
            They have good team speed, but they did have some blown assignments.... long TD.... some 3rd/4th and long conversions. It got better as the game went along. They did manage to pick 2 passes off and CJ Bevins (LB) did get a few TFL.

I feel good about our defense this year. The offense is going to take some time to get going because they're so young. They will be good, hopefully sooner than later.
            Cool Story Bro

Comment

LU game notes....

https://lindenwoodlions.com/document.../5/Program.pdf
              Cool Story Bro

Comment

Ok.... so this game gets the MIAA Saturday spotlight!
                Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
                  Ok.... so this game gets the MIAA Saturday spotlight!
                  Good one Sig! :wink: I might watch a little of the game, like the 1st Q.

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
                    Good one Sig! :wink: I might watch a little of the game, like the 1st Q.
                    I might watch the first quarter too and I have a ticket to the game. If we're down 21-0 after one quarter, perhaps they'll start playing a movie on the new video board? Anyone for Smokey and the Bandit? Cannonball Run? Or how about Deliverance?

He got a purty mouth, ain't he!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
                      I might watch the first quarter too and I have a ticket to the game. If we're down 21-0 after one quarter, perhaps they'll start playing a movie on the new video board? Anyone for Smokey and the Bandit? Cannonball Run? Or how about Deliverance?

He got a purty mouth, ain't he!?!?
                      If it is 21-0 after the first quarter....then I think Denver Johnson and the AD need to stay in the locker room and starting looking for new jobs....and if that doesnt happen then maybe there needs to be a shake up at the top of MSSU. I doubt that the president (who is more invested in sports than any other president in recent memory) will let another beating go......

Comment

If LU has one of the better D-lines in this league they will win by much more than 20 - 7. If you have an elite Dline then this game will get ugly fast.

Comment

Is this one in St Chuck or Joplin?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                            Is this one in St Chuck or Joplin?
                            Joplin.
                            Cool Story Bro

Comment

If your score prediction is accurate, then they will be popping champagne bottles in the MSSU locker room after the game for only giving up 20 points.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X