Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UCM QB Bolles out for...

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
    Kyle Bradley (r) soph and Jeremy Hunt (r) freshman are splitting the qb duties. Hunt is lighting up the scoreboard big time with a cannon for an arm. Hunt is fantastic and looks like the clear favorite to take over for Bolles. Hunt is mainly a 6'4" pocket passer who is extremely accurate. Very encouraging !
    Hunt is mobile enough to keep the read option effective; he won't have 60 yard runs but 5-15 yard gains are well within his abilities. Looking forward to seeing him in action next week against a very good MoWest defense.

Comment

The two deep UCM (QB) roster for week three has Bradley ahead of Hunt. Please tell me that the list never got updated from week two.

Bradley - Mules lose.
      Hunt - Mules win.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulas View Post
        The two deep UCM (QB) roster for week three has Bradley ahead of Hunt. Please tell me that the list never got updated from week two.

Bradley - Mules lose.
        Hunt - Mules win.
        My take.

In very limited game action (that we've seen), Hunt's arm looks to be stronger and his accuracy numbers are better. Bradley presents more of a dual threat that defense's have to account for. I'm guessing both see action during this game and whoever has the hot hand, stays in. I have a feeling we'll have our true starter after this game.

Coach Svoboda/McMenamin know how to develop QBs. The Mules ground game will determine how successful this team can put up points.

Comment

Originally posted by FightnMulz View Post
          My take.

In very limited game action (that we've seen), Hunt's arm looks to be stronger and his accuracy numbers are better. Bradley presents more of a dual threat that defense's have to account for. I'm guessing both see action during this game and whoever has the hot hand, stays in. I have a feeling we'll have our true starter after this game.

Coach Svoboda/McMenamin know how to develop QBs. The Mules ground game will determine how successful this team can put up points.
          Do you think their success or lack thereof influence Bolles decision to come back?

Comment

MoWest plays good defense and will aim to stop the run first. Whichever team wins the battle in the trenches will most likely win the game (as usually happens). The Mules passing attack will need to open it up and be spot on, and Kyle Bradley scares me with his inaccurate throws. Jeremy Hunt seems like the more poised and confident quarterback and his strong arm and pinpoint accuracy will give the MoWest defense more fits than Bradley's running ability. I think Hunt can hold his own running the read option, but what I really like is Hunt's ability to stick in the pocket and quickly "check down" and hit the open receiver. Hunt seems able to focus on making the throw and not flush out of the pocket as quickly as Bradley. We've seen Bradley in two games now and I would grade his overall performance a C-. Hunt has played in one game and I would grade his performance B+.

The Mules defense looked good at Ft. Hays and naturally dominated poor Northeastern State. MoWest has a good rushing attack so it will be important for the Mules front seven to shut down the run and make the Griffs put it in the air. I don't know much about the MoWest quarterback's passing ability.

Mules 35 Griffs 17
            Last edited by Donkeydamus; 09-14-2018, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
              Do you think their success or lack thereof influence Bolles decision to come back?
              Yes, I think that's part of it and the fact that Brook is a Bolles Brother....that's what they do....leave it all on the field and I'm sure Brook feels like he has unfinished business to take care of next year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X