Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: F U Sporting

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    The Colts host the Cowboys on the 16th at Lucas Oil Stadium, so Indy's not an option. The Lions, however, are away that weekend, but Detroit as a host city?
    If they can host a superbowl, Final four BB, grand prix and indy car, etc, etc. And the MAC championship and a Bowl game, uh, why not be a host city? I'm sure Wayne St would be a fine host too.

Comment

What about the OKC or Tulsa areas.

Tulsa
      Chapman Stadium 30,000
      Union/Jenks have huge stadiums

OKC
      Wantland 10,000
      Taft is pretty big and has been renovated.
      Bricktown Ballpark "Downtown OKC" (yes baseball) 12K.
      Go Bronchos!

Comment

My suggestions

Winston-Salem, NC - Bowman Gray stadium holds 18,000 (and has a racetrack) or Wake Forest BB&T Stadium - big city, easy to get to by plane, lots of D2 schools in the area and the odds of a Gulf South team in the title are pretty good
        Odessa, TX - granted location for 80% of the schools stinks, but two stadium choices in Ratliff and Grand Communications
        Atlanta, GA - while it's on the east coast, flying and cheaply to Atlanta is easy and there's probably a dozen stadium choices.
        Richmond, VA - like odessa, kind of hard to get to but like Atlanta has about a dozen stadium choices.

If the MIAA really wants it in our footprint my vote would go in favor of Central Oklahoma. OKC is probably easy enough for most teams to get to and it's a driveable distance for the MIAA, GSC, and LSC teams fans.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
          If the MIAA really wants it in our footprint my vote would go in favor of Central Oklahoma. OKC is probably easy enough for most teams to get to and it's a driveable distance for the MIAA, GSC, and LSC teams fans.
          Just for fun, here's how I'd rank MIAA schools capacity to host a National Title game mostly based on city and stadium

Tier 1 - Central Oklahoma, Washburn; both large cities and stadiums to hold a normal championship crowd
          Tier 2 - Lindenwood, Missouri Southern, Central Missouri, Missouri Western; LU and MO west get points for being close to large metros; Central gets points for stadium, Mo So is kind of in between
          Tier 3 - Pittsburg St., Emporia St. - is their a big difference between these two? Pitt probably has a slightly better stadium for a title game

Tier 4 - Northeastern St., Fort Hays St. - isolated towns but probably just enough hotels to cover an event this size, FH could bring in bleachers and sell sideline tickets to get the crowd in the game
          Tier 5 - Nebraska-Kearney - town could hold the people, don't think the stadium would
          Tier 6 - Northwest Missouri - town is too small and isolated, stadium probably could but it would be swarmy

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X