Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which upset was more surprising and why?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which upset was more surprising and why?

Griffons win at home over Tigers
    68.18%
    Lopers win at Bronchos
    31.82%

Re: Which upset was more surprising and why?

I almost picked UNK to beat UCO, but never, ever thought about picking MoWest to upend Hays. The three interceptions inside the red zone were the difference.

Comment

I thought after the NW game Missouri Western was more physical than I'd seen them in a couple of years. That and an effective ground game gave them at least a puncher's chance.

Comment

You're right. What seemed odd though was, if you watched the game, there were 2 or 3 more int's that MWSU kinda left out there. I can think of one that seemed a step away from being 6 that was dropped. Obviously can't get em all but that's how it seemed to me.

Comment

Western's defense controlled the run forcing Hays to throw the ball over 60 times. Crazy stat!

Comment

UNK was more surprising to me. Griffs looked pretty decent against nw, and unk played southern, so it was hard to tell if they were any good or not.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
              Western's defense controlled the run forcing Hays to throw the ball over 60 times. Crazy stat!
              Good point.

Comment

mowest. uco is often all over the map.
                Go Bearcats!
                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Just proves that Hayes is not that good. MW is a pretty physical team. If Dom could toss the rock a wee bit better they would be in contention. again Hays, Hayes, Hais, HookenTurdHayes sucks

Comment

Maybe it's because we had already played UCO, so I'd watched them live in person and then again on demand, but the UNK win wasn't that surprising--UCO was a favorite in my mind, but almost only because it was at home. I was pretty shocked by MW.

Interestingly, FH and UCO are both struggling with a lot of the same: lost stars on offense from a year ago have not yet been replaced and it's killing them.

Iheme regularly would get FH out of a rut last year and Burchfield opened up the offense a ton. Luper and Stallard were great for UCO last year. Do either of those teams have guys who are going to step into those roles? Because if not, it could be long years out west.

Comment

UNK's win was a more shocking upset because they've struggled mightily since they moved to the MIAA. I get where UCO is inconsistent overall, but I'd argue that's the better program overall when comparing them with UNK.
                      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

13 of 100 called the Kearney upset only 7 called Western.

Comment

Both truthfully were shocking to me, but the slight edge to MW beating Hays at home.
                          Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

If I did not already know the outcome, and I saw that MW had nearly 150 yards in penalties, I would have told you that Hays won going away.

Comment

UNK surprised me more. FH gave up over 500 yards to the Mules O and didn't gain much on O.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X