Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lindenwood at MSSU game day thread.

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    How his team's react to a loss, a comeback, etc... Will be the more subtle signs of early success to watch for this year, imo.
    Beating NSU would help as well... :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
      I'm curious about the blame of Julio Leon for the current state of Lions football. He stepped down as President in 2007.

If something happened then that we are still suffering from, then it is very possible that the Lions are going to be bad through 2029.
      Julio had a lot to do with the lack of athletic facilities at MSSU and encouraging community/campus support for athletics.

Since he has been gone, the past and current presidents have done a much better job of placing some emphasis on athletics with facility upgrades and marketing for the University. The new end zone facility, scoreboard, baseball field, softball upgrades are great projects.

MSSU still has a real problem with community support and alumni support. Lack of community support comes from MSSU being a large commuter campus and it is hard to get people involved on campus when the vast majority commute in an out every single day. The alumni support problem comes from multiple changes in coaches (not just football), and a piss poor Sports Information Department, Marketing, and Alumni Foundation. MSSU still has some hold overs from the Leon era who are stuck in their old ways, and have zero idea of how to gain support from alumni and community members. Until they figure out how to make some serious changes in those departments, they will never get any better.

Comment

Thanks, I respect your opinion.

Personally, I'm not going to blame someone who has been gone for more than 10 years for today's problems. Almost anything could be turned around in that amount of time.

Look at it this way: if we are still blaming Julio Leon because his replacements only had 11+ years to fix things, then are you willing to give Denver Johnson another 5-7 years to fix the problems he inherited four years ago?

Comment

Thanks, I respect your opinion.

Personally, I'm not going to blame someone who has been gone for more than 10 years for today's problems. Almost anything could be turned around in that amount of time.

Look at it this way: if we are still blaming Julio Leon because his replacements only had 11+ years to fix things, then are you willing to give Denver Johnson another 5-7 years to fix the problems he inherited four years ago?
          I am not blaming just Julio Leon...although it may have come across that way....Julio is to blame for some things at MSSU, but not all.

I do believe that Denver Johnson has been given a lot of time to fix things and make some improvements, but has not come through. I know Daye left things in a little bit of a mess, but that dude was atleast some what successful while he was here...he found a way to make something work.

No I am not willing to give Johnson any longer, as it seems the program has made no progress whatsoever...I also supported MSSU getting rid of Leon a long time before he left, because he was dragging things down at MSSU and things were getting worse while he was still there also.

Like I said...MSSU has grown in some areas, and others still remain the same....once they can fix those areas that have been bad for a long time, it can also lead to changes elsewhere.

Comment

I begrudgingly wrote a summary for this game...

https://newmanandduquesne.wordpress....by-lindenwood/

Comment

Originally posted by NewmanAndDuquesne View Post
              I begrudgingly wrote a summary for this game...

https://newmanandduquesne.wordpress....by-lindenwood/
              I am glad to see the ground game improving or atleast moving.....But 11-24 with 33 yards passing....there is something terribly wrong there.......

One of the biggest misses every year seems to be the QB position..it is almost perplexing. With all the spread, and RPO stuff...has anyone ever though about just running the ball and controlling the clock>?

Comment

Originally posted by MOSO27 View Post
                ....has anyone ever though about just running the ball and controlling the clock>?
                One name who comes to mind is Daryl Daye.

Comment

One name who comes to mind is Daryl Daye.
                  I agree. I 100% do not agree with Daye's recruiting tactics, but the guy understood what he needed to do to win games.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                    Set a couch on fire and call it a day at Sporting KC Soccer is the worst soccer team on History and their management is a bunch of D'Bags for shafting the NCAA D-II game.
                    An MLS championship, the U.S. Open Cup Championship and Cerner's stock would disagree with your assessment.

they absolutely screwed D2. Hosting a football game is not their core competency.

As an organization they are well run and a leader among MLS teams both on and off the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
                      An MLS championship, the U.S. Open Cup Championship and Cerner's stock would disagree with your assessment.

they absolutely screwed D2. Hosting a football game is not their core competency.

As an organization they are well run and a leader among MLS teams both on and off the field.
                      Not sure if this thread went awry, or if the Lions fans should be flattered about this championship game discussion in a Lindenwood/Missouri Southern thread.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X