Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lindenwood at ESU

I love that old bowl at emporia. I haven't been there in a long time, but it has a really cool feel.

Comment

What a defensive struggle............NOT! Looks like we just rush 8 and let the 3 dbs handle the secondary. Is that right, over 900 combined yards of offense?

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
        What a defensive struggle............NOT! Looks like we just rush 8 and let the 3 dbs handle the secondary. Is that right, over 900 combined yards of offense?
        I'm pretty sure they rushed 20 or 30 on a couple of those plays.

Comment

Great win today for Lindenwood. First time ever beating the Hornets. Interesting way to do it in that Emporia ended up with stats quite the opposite from what their first three games showed. Lindenwood was able to rack up points and yards, they were able to slow down the number one rusher in the league, and the Hornets passing game found their groove.

Good to see the Lindenwood running game finally figure it out. Hopefully they can build on this.

From a lions fan perspective the story of the game is without a doubt the continued development of Cade brister. In only his fourth Collegiate game ever he passes for over 300 yards and five touchdowns. He also ran for over 70 and rushed for another touchdown. It's going to be a fun 4 years watching him lead the Lindenwood offense.
          Cool Story Bro

Comment

Big win by the Lions. They made a lot of plays when they needed to. I was really off on the defensive improvement. There were a ton of missed tackles but the two touchdown plays where Brister was able to find guys with no one within 15 yards of them were the really frustrating plays.
            Even with all of that, the Hornets were down 21 points with less than ten minutes left and were able to get it back within a one score game. If (and that's a big IF) they recover the onside kick it could have been a fun ending.
            One of what should be six and could be seven 2-2 teams in the league headed into what should be the toughest three game stretch of the season - at NWMSU, home to FHSU and then at UCM. Gonna see what we are really made of over the next month.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X