Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sleeping Giants

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
    A move to D1 is waaay long term for them. I don't think Brandon is far off on his thoughts about the GLVC. From an institutional standpoint, I don't think leadership thinks it makes much sense to play in a conference where your closest rival school is almost 3 hours away when we they reside in a footprint that has 2 schools within 20 minutes, another within an hour, and several within a couple of hours.

It would make winning football games much easier, but you don't win Nationally coming out of the GLVC.

You are correct though about being a sleeping giant. LU is pretty flush with money. Decent sized endowment and one of the only institutions to operate completely in the black. While their traditional undergrad enrollment is middle of the pack as far as MIAA goes, their total enrollment puts them over 15k.
    Torn between posting this here or in the Rob Robinson thread, but since there might be some actual news there and this is purely a chatting thread, here seems better.

Between this and the rumors coming out of Tahlequah, are we finally getting closer to everyone's dream of returning to a 10 team football conference that could then play 2 non-conference games to kick the year off? It feels like it might be closer than it has been since expansion first began.The addition of Newman seems like another good indicator of this possibility. If we manage to add another no-football school, I'd probably say that I think it's going to happen. I'm getting giddy just thinking of it.

Comment

Re: Sleeping Giants

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
      Torn between posting this here or in the Rob Robinson thread, but since there might be some actual news there and this is purely a chatting thread, here seems better.

Between this and the rumors coming out of Tahlequah, are we finally getting closer to everyone's dream of returning to a 10 team football conference that could then play 2 non-conference games to kick the year off? It feels like it might be closer than it has been since expansion first began.The addition of Newman seems like another good indicator of this possibility. If we manage to add another no-football school, I'd probably say that I think it's going to happen. I'm getting giddy just thinking of it.
      If that's the case, then it will make a move to the GLVC a little easier to stomach for me. It means we could still schedule an MIAA opponent every year to at least test our metal against the best in the country. Just not much to get excited about a schedule where 5-6 games are gimmes (assuming LU continues to build the way they seem to be right now).
      Cool Story Bro

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X