Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 4 - Composite Rankings and first guess at Regionals

I haven't posted the last couple weeks as not much happened other than some of the bottom teams drifting in and out. But with the losses to NW Missouri and TAMU-Commerce things have certainly moved at the top of the rankings. As expected both those teams took a tumble down the rankings but the winning teams didn't benefit upwards as much as expected. CSU-Pueblo got a nice bump up but still sits a notch below their defeated opponent. What's probably more crazy is CO-Mines didn't get the benefit at all you'd expect being undefeated still and having a win over CSU-Pueblo. I'm disappointed in the AFCA voters, Central OK didn't even get a token 25th place vote from anybody for whitewashing NW MO; yet somehow UCM is still getting 4 votes. So UCO sits down there in the 30s as the computers like them a lot for what they've done.

Falling out of the ranking by not garner any top 25 across the 4 rankings was Florida Tech, Emporia St., and Winona - all 3 lost this last weekend. Jumping in are Tarleton St., Sioux Falls, Notre Dame, and OH Dominican. USF and OH-D have been in and out the last few weeks, OH-D had a nice win over Findlay. I'll be honest Tarleton suprised me popping up in the AFCA polls as their combined opponents are 2-8 on the season, but they whopped each of the 3 and that's what you are supposed to do when you play bad opponents.

At the top Grand Valley and Ferris St are in a virtual tie with the nod for #1 overall to GVSU as they have the top spot in Massey; Ferris has no top spots but everybody agrees they are probably the best team in the nation right now told by rank discrepancy only being 2. On the other extreme the computers hate Notre Dame, as they should, Notre Dame has only beat one team with a winning record and that's Shepherd (2-1) and Shepherd hasn't beat a team with a winning record. The top of the Mountain East Conference has led a sheltered life the first four weeks of the season. The other team nobody is quite sure about is CO-Mines with AFCA voters really liking them and Bennett hating them but to be fair they jumped 18 spots in Bennett and if they keep winning will probably move up quickly there.

Region 3 continues to dominate the rankings with 40% of the ranked teams represented here, Region 4 picks up a few more teams this week; and Region 1 as has been the history for a few years now is only dominated by one conference. With that here is how I see the current state of Super Regionals lining up. Super Region 1 is pretty straight forward as the top 6 teams are currently ranked I put in Hillsdale due to their win over OH Dominican. Super Regional 2 is the top 4 teams in the Gulf South then the current conference leaders from CIAA, SIAC, SAC. Super Regional 3, I'm putting 3 MIAA teams in but it wouldn't offend me knowing how this goes if S Arkansas displaced FHSU so the 3 top conferences get 2 teams. Super Regional 4 pretty straight forward at this time, two teams each from the top conferences with the conference leader from GNAC.

GMAC...................CIAA.....................GA C.................GNAC
    MEC.....................GSC......................G LIAC...............LSC
    NE-10...................SIAC.....................GLVC ...............NSIC
    PSAC....................SAC......................M IAA................RMAC

IUP.......................West Georgia........Grand Valley......Midwestern St.
    West Chester.........Valdosta St...........Ferris State........Minnesota St.
    Notre Dame...........West Florida..........Pittsburg St.......Central Washington
    OH Dominican....... West Alabama.......Ouachita............MN-Duluth
    Kutztown...............Lenoir Rhyne........NW Missouri.......TAMU-Commerce
    Assumption............Bowie St..............Fort Hays St.......CSU-Pueblo
    Hillsdale................Morehouse............Indi anapolis.......Colorado Mines

.................................................. .....S Arkansas.........Tarleton St.
    .................................................. .....Harding..............Sioux Falls
    .................................................. .....MN Duluth..........Azusa Pacific

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X