Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who gets fired at the end of the year?

I'm not saying he is or really would leave; then again, he's a long way from a title this year with everything that returned on offense that will be leaving after this season. He's been at ESU for 12 years now; not everybody has to be a lifer at an institution so at age 49 he's got 15+ more years to work another program.

ESU should probably know that better than anybody right now; Bob Fornelli put in 15 years at ESU, becoming the winningest baseball coach at his alma mater and left for Pitt St. this year.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
      I'm not saying he is or really would leave; then again, he's a long way from a title this year with everything that returned on offense that will be leaving after this season. He's been at ESU for 12 years now; not everybody has to be a lifer at an institution so at age 49 he's got 15+ more years to work another program.

ESU should probably know that better than anybody right now; Bob Fornelli put in 15 years at ESU, becoming the winningest baseball coach at his alma mater and left for Pitt St. this year.
      There is a huge difference between Pitt State baseball and Northeastern State football. The Gorillas were in the baseball regional last year. Not to mention that it's a lot easier to make a quick turnaround in baseball than it is in football.
      I'm not saying that Higgins will stay at ESU forever (he's not immortal afterall), but I'm pretty sure that he won't leave for a rebuilding project in the same conference.

Comment

Go Bearcats!
        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Why on God's green Earth would Higgins leave Emporia State? He has built that program into a good one, he is a alum of ESU and he also recruits very well in Oklahoma. He treats the states of Kansas and Oklahoma as one... there is no border to him. Why would he leave ESU for anyone else where he is beloved and is situated in a very good spot recruiting wise for his Kansas/Oklahoma connections. I'm sure he would love to win a conference title as much as the fan base but he has done enough there to pretty much get his a career/lifetime contract. Unless the wheels completely feel off, he is completely safe in Emporia.

Comment

MoSo has had an extra long time to look for a coach. I think That's definitely going to be one of them.

Beck still has a chance to save the season if they win out and NW does the same. If not, I could see it being a real possibility.

NSU is gone.

The other 2 are probably safe.

Comment

Do you need a hug?

Comment

I need a hug and a safe place to ride out the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                  I need a hug and a safe place to ride out the rest of the season.
                  lol. sadly true

Comment

2 on this poll have fallen. Hopefully the damage stops there. There are some great coaches in the MIAA.

Comment

Bearcats are 2 for 9 this season on MIAA coaches being let go after playing them. Could be 3 for 11 after UCM game? That potential .273 percentage should somehow factor into the regional rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
                        2 on this poll have fallen. Hopefully the damage stops there. There are some great coaches in the MIAA.
                        Two? Did MoSo announce Betasso won't be coming back?

Comment

Originally posted by TDs&Beer View Post
                          Which coaches do you think will be in the unemployment line when the season ends? SEE POLL ABOVE.
                          Hopefully you right before the Holidays!!

Comment

Will Wagner is out at Angelo State after 8 seasons. With MIAA and Northwest ties, does he seem like a quality candidate for either of the vacancies at NSO or Southern, or should we bring him back to Maryville as the OC?

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtedBearcat View Post
                              Will Wagner is out at Angelo State after 8 seasons. With MIAA and Northwest ties, does he seem like a quality candidate for either of the vacancies at NSO or Southern, or should we bring him back to Maryville as the OC?
                              I thought that about hm at Southern. He's a good coach, still likely to have gone 7-4ish with one loss to an ACU team who has had it's best D1 season so far since moving up.

Comment

What idiot abbreviated Washburn as WSU? But Schurigs seat should be warm

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X