Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who gets fired at the end of the year?

Which coaches do you think will be in the unemployment line when the season ends? SEE POLL ABOVE.
    UCM - Jim Svoboda
    10.98%
    PSU - Tim Beck
    19.51%
    NSU - Rob Robinson
    28.05%
    WSU - Craig Schurig
    6.10%
    MSSU - Joe Bettasso (Doesn't keep interim.)
    34.15%
    Other - Post Below!
    1.22%

Re: Who gets fired at the end of the year?

Originally posted by TDs&Beer View Post
    Which coaches do you think will be in the unemployment line when the season ends? SEE POLL ABOVE.

Comment

Comment

The last two wins by Emporia has me pausing; I don't know why but I think Higgins, and it may not be because he's let go but goes somewhere else. If NSU moves on from Robinson does Higgins go back to Oklahoma and try at NSU?

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
          The last two wins by Emporia has me pausing; I don't know why but I think Higgins, and it may not be because he's let go but goes somewhere else. If NSU moves on from Robinson does Higgins go back to Oklahoma and try at NSU?
          No way. They are not willing to invest in their football.

Comment

Comment

Plus he already gets the Oklahoma kids to come to ESU. Now if UCO job opened up....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                  Plus he already gets the Oklahoma kids to come to ESU. Now if UCO job opened up....

Comment

Higgins is an ESU alum? I had forgotten that. Yeah, no way he leaves ESU of his own volition.

Comment

I hope that none of them get fired. I know two of them and they are very high quality people. That being said, TDs&Beer makes a very valid point about results; this is especially true in football, and not nearly so true in sports of lesser profile. I could see NSU and / or MSSU making a change based on the number of losses over the past several years but don't really know of course. I hope they give those guys some more time (all of them in fact) but understand if the decision to let them go is made. Sucks for them, and for their assistants....and for all of their families. This is the harsh reality but one that their families (maybe not little kids if they have them), are aware of; no matter how you slice it, it's just terrible for their families. This is one of the reasons I couldn't ever have been an effective administrator; I don't think I'd ever have the ability to let somebody go unless it was for moral turpitude.

PS
                      I don't think Schurig or Svoboda in any way really deserve even being on a poll for being let go. Again, I don't have the character of an administrator so take what I say with a grain of salt.
                      Northwest Missouri State University
                      BEARCATS

Comment

I attended a coaching clinic years ago and a coach by the name of Lee Corso was talking. He said, "There are two kinds of coaches, those that have been fired and those that are about to be!"

Comment

I would love to have Higgins back. He has coached twice at nsu and both times we were more successful than we are now.

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
                            I attended a coaching clinic years ago and a coach by the name of Lee Corso was talking. He said, "There are two kinds of coaches, those that have been fired and those that are about to be!"
                            "Unless a manager owns the team or dies on the job, he's going to get fired." - Casey Stengel, as retold by Whitey Herzog

Comment

Originally posted by optionright View Post
                              "Unless a manager owns the team or dies on the job, he's going to get fired." - Casey Stengel, as retold by Whitey Herzog
                              Yep! :laugh:

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X