Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• green lion peeps

instead of messing up the other threads thought id post before i hit i44..
    a few things i think may be a problem
    1 noone in this town knows there was a game today
    2 the flow of the game was missing. a bunch of spots where no sound what so ever. cheerleaders, band, speakers... nothing.

your coach continually ran the ball in the second half....didnt seem interested in scoring really
    more later

Re: green lion peeps

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
    instead of messing up the other threads thought id post before i hit i44..
    a few things i think may be a problem
    1 noone in this town knows there was a game today
    2 the flow of the game was missing. a bunch of spots where no sound what so ever. cheerleaders, band, speakers... nothing.

your coach continually ran the ball in the second half....didnt seem interested in scoring really
    more later
    The unfinished visitors side wasn't a clue before this? Welcome to the MIAA...
    Go Hounds!
    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
    Cyclone Power
    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
      The unfinished visitors side wasn't a clue before this? Welcome to the MIAA...
      not what i was talking about. there were threads this last summer asking why this that amd the other wasnt happening for mssu..

i was at schlotskys before the game. two older ladies probably in thier 70s stood at the front door with a lions sticker next to it and were taking turns with their camera phones. one would take a pic with thier finger up. then the next. i was sitting inside next to the door and being the dick i am, totally photo bombed them making sure my uco could be seen. i then started paying attention and noone else had shirts, window stickerssigns...nothing. the school has to start investing in the fans in town. if you are trying to recruit to that town, youve got to start getting some support. even the fans on your side were wearing red, purple what ever ...never saw a consistant green.
      you cant recruit to a small town like that without the backing of the regular guy. coporate backing is all well and good but no player wants to go play in front of a nice modern up to date empty stadium.

that freaking tunnel you guys roll out there.......you should have nothing at all lol....my kids middle school football team comes out in a tun ell better than that.

invest in some concrete patch and some non skid material mixed with alternating green and gold paint for the visitors stands.

the jumbo tron and the building is cool but there are some small touches that can be done to clean the place up. like covering up the pole vault launch pit thingy. and all the crap layi g on the track.behind the players benches...someone steps in that damn thing....they will have that barn named after them. broken leg looking for a place to bappen .

just a few things. thats from a casual observer and a non profesional coaches eye.

btw, the helicopter was hella cool

and your coachs need to heavily invest in that wishbone option they were attempting to run, if they would have stayed with it they could have gutted us.

after you guys were down by 20, the coaches seemed content with just running the clock out and getting out of there. that qb is not a throwing qb. if hes gonna be the starter....wellllll...
      Last edited by jimbo slice; 10-27-2018, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Purple was in memory of the Athletic Trainer who passed away after a long battle with pancreatic cancer.

Your spot on with all of your other points.

And if a coach wants to just run the ball and not really go for the win, don't expect the fans to give a hoot.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
          Purple was in memory of the Athletic Trainer who passed away after a long battle with pancreatic cancer.

Your spot on with all of your other points.

And if a coach wants to just run the ball and not really go for the win, don't expect the fans to give a hoot.
          yeh i heard the story and i thought about it when i hit submit. i was just throwing random colors out. you got my point though.

what i meant about the play calling is your administration has to have a desire to win. if you are a running team, fine, run the ball. if youre down by 24 and running it on 3rd and 7 hasnt worked the other 15 times you did it....maybe its time to throw the rock. if your starter can get the ball downfield with any accuracy, maybe time for a new qb. bottom line is players. you guys need viable players and you have to be able to recruit them to a town that doesnt believe in the or know they are there.

look, i liked denver. he recruited my kid for 2 years at tulsa and i feel like is a outstanding man and coach. but looking at some of this stuff, i think 40 maybe even 50% of your teams problem is administration

Comment

im personally pulling for you guys. id like to see you guys run that option the coaches ran out there in the 3rd quarter. neo is right down the road from you guys and id bet they have some kids that could run that o until recruiting takes off

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
              im personally pulling for you guys. id like to see you guys run that option the coaches ran out there in the 3rd quarter. neo is right down the road from you guys and id bet they have some kids that could run that o until recruiting takes off
              that was a quick death:confused:

Comment

Thanks for your analysis of the current state of lion affairs and severe lack of capitalization.....

I personally don't think that running the wishbone/flex bone/air force/navy/Georgia Tech offense is the way to go.....The #1 problem with it is that you are very hard pressed to find good recruits to fit that system. Most HS coaches that run that type of system are very old school, or dont have the athletes to run a different system.

Yes you could get some athletes to run it a little bit and it is difficult to prepare for...but really hard to attract HS kids to your program running that offense anymore..

I dont mind a run heavy offense, or even an option type offense but there are a lot better ways to go about running the ball....thats just my humble opinion.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X