Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washburn at Pitt

Bods big brilliant bungle brouhaha.

Will Pitt take care of business like they did against ucm, win ugly when they probably shouldn't like they did against mw and elwood, or will they make Washburn look like bodzilla turning the jungle into their private Tokyo like the barfcats did?

Stay tuned for the answers to these questions and more.

Re: Washburn at Pitt

I think I want Pitt to win this week just because I want a second MIAA team in the playoffs. I'd love to see a 7 seed Pitt knock off a potential 2 seed from the GAC

Comment

Originally posted by CatsBy90 View Post
      I think I want Pitt to win this week just because I want a second MIAA team in the playoffs. I'd love to see a 7 seed Pitt knock off a potential 2 seed from the GAC
      Pitt is currently 9 behind Harding at 8 as of now. Harding will win out. Don't see how they should be able to jump Harding.

Comment

If we some how lose to SAU this weekend there's a possibility of 3 GAC teams getting in. Us winning and FH losing is in Pitt's best chance of grabbing that 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
          If we some how lose to SAU this weekend there's a possibility of 3 GAC teams getting in. Us winning and FH losing is in Pitt's best chance of grabbing that 7.
          Assuming Pitt State wins this week (no guarantee, inferior WU teams have defeated Pitt State multiple times in recent years), the three 2-loss team scrum for the final two PO spots is going to be interesting. SAU would have the H2H, so you'd think they'd be ahead of Harding, but it's a little hard to imagine the selectors breaking from the 2-2-2-1 layout without good reason to break from it.

I'm assuming OBU and NW beat FHSU and SAU, or it'll be a real mess.

Comment

Pitt is currently 9 behind Harding at 8 as of now. Harding will win out. Don't see how they should be able to jump Harding.
            If the committee decides to go for 2-2-2-1 balance--which SR3 has a history of.

Best results this week to help the GAC get towards 3 PO teams:
            1) NWMSU wins over FHSU
            2) WU wins over Pitt
            3) McKendree wins over MO S&T

Comment

Does everyone play everyone in the GAC? If so, it will be intersting to see where each team lands once the SOS is final for both, as it will be apples to apples.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                Does everyone play everyone in the GAC? If so, it will be intersting to see where each team lands once the SOS is final for both, as it will be apples to apples.
                Yes

Comment

Pitt's O looked bad again against MW. Not sure how much of that was being conservative with a lead and trying to play keep away, and how much was bad execution or bad play calling. (I know some of it was Pitt trying to out-stupid the griffs by commiting a bunch of boneheaded penalties.)

Comment

Doesn't matter if S&T wins out or not! They are not going to put them in. 9-1 vs D2 teams can not overcome traditional weak perception. Oh well, should have not had the one close loss to Indy.

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
                    If the committee decides to go for 2-2-2-1 balance--which SR3 has a history of.

Best results this week to help the GAC get towards 3 PO teams:
                    1) NWMSU wins over FHSU
                    2) WU wins over Pitt
                    3) McKendree wins over MO S&T

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                      Pitt's O looked bad again against MW. Not sure how much of that was being conservative with a lead and trying to play keep away, and how much was bad execution or bad play calling. (I know some of it was Pitt trying to out-stupid the griffs by commiting a bunch of boneheaded penalties.)
                      Honestly, with the talk going around about being statistically outplayed (I didn't watch, but listened to the first half), and we were over-matched. The stat differences we had were exactly what you'd expect a game to look like with a +4 turnover margin.

Mind you, I did not watch the game so cannot speak to getting outplayed at positions. But we were largely in a position where lots of yards weren't needed with short fields...

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                        Honestly, with the talk going around about being statistically outplayed (I didn't watch, but listened to the first half), and we were over-matched. The stat differences we had were exactly what you'd expect a game to look like with a +4 turnover margin.

Mind you, I did not watch the game so cannot speak to getting outplayed at positions. But we were largely in a position where lots of yards weren't needed with short fields...
                        Pitt was unable to sustain drives. Went 3 and out a lot, and hurt themselves with penalties every time they did get one going. Pitt ran for 2.7 yards per carry on the day and went 9-18 with one pick in the passing game.The passing game bailed Pitt out on their 2 good drives early because the Oline was getting no push at all. Like I said, Not sure if they were just content to play it safe in the second half or not, but Pitt couldn't move the ball at all on them after the first quarter. They had a total of 4 first downs in the second half.
                        MW ran for 6.8 yards per carry and by the second half were blowing holes you could drive a truck through.

Fortunately the pass D and special teams played well for Pitt, and the griffs hurt themselves with penalties even more often than Pitt did.

Comment

Because we are the superior MIAA.

Comment

WSU always seems to play Pitt tough, but they seem pretty one dimensional this season, much better at the pass than the run, so that kind of plays into Pitt's defensive strengths.

On the other side, their D seems pretty mediocre so maybe Pitt can generate some offense this week.

Comment

Simulator says 32-19 Pitt.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X