Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fort Hayes at Northwest Missouri State (Senior Day/Ag Day)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fort Hayes at Northwest Missouri State (Senior Day/Ag Day)

A&G's has some of the best greek that I have ever had. Carson's is pretty good too, I like their cheeseballs and the way they do jalapeno poppers.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
      I don't understand the fascination with pizza, tbh.

Pizza hater = Nazi

Four years of college a frequent visits thereafter...I have only been to Pagliai's once. Their spaghetti is pretty good, but meh.

Comment

Can anyone confirm that this game will be shown live in Facebook and Twitter tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
          there's a new farm to table place that's supposed to be opening up. not sure when. wouldn't take much of an effort for it to be the go to in that town.

i had one of yer chicken places last month when i was in town for our game. it was decent. i'd go back. i can't remember which one.....it was the one that offers more sides. i only remember b/c gb & bcd were foaming about the sides.
          The farm to table concept is great if you keep it simple. Unfortunately, the new place at Mozingo has tried to be too fancy and I'm not sure if it will make it.

Comment

Originally posted by da_miner View Post
            A&G's has some of the best greek that I have ever had. Carson's is pretty good too, I like their cheeseballs and the way they do jalapeno poppers.
            Ate an entire order the night before this year's Homecoming...absolutely great.
            IH8FERRIS

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
              Never understood the fascination with Pagliai's.

Haven't tried A&G. Carson's is OK.
              There is a Pagliai's in Johnston, IA, it's no where near as good as Maryville for whatever reason. I was very impressed with it for small town pizza. But it's no where near the top in terms of overall.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                Never understood the fascination with Pagliai's.

Haven't tried A&G. Carson's is OK.
                Pagliai's is my favorite pizza. Order your own and avoid the buffet.

Taco John's is great because Taco Bell is the only choice here.

Everything else is average.

Comment

Agreed...I doubt it lasts til Spring. Not hearing any good buzz

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
                    Calling it NEO would've been great if it was ribbing the NSU program supporters, but since it actually bears plenty of resemblance to a JuCo (mainly that the players are all there only 1-2 years before moving on and neither team beats any four year institutions), it just got confusing.

Also, kicking a dog while it's down that far would've been rough.
                    My only claim to fame is that my late Great Uncle used to be the Dean of Students at that NEO in Miam-UH, Oklahoma. He was one very classy, charming gentleman!
                    Now, back to your regularly scheduled Tigger / BearKat bashing! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

#olesfordays

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

We would go to Pagliai's on Sundays back in the day. They served spaghetti all you could eat on Sunday and Wednesday. The cafeteria was closed on Sunday's. So when we could afford to we would pigout at Pagliai's on Sundy.
                        Luck is where Preparation meets Opportunity

Comment

Comment

One would think that they would be open on Gamedays, especially Homecoming. I would like to think that they would make enough of a profit to make it worth their while.

Comment

Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post
                              Best place to eat in maryville if you get in to town late?
                              Title Town is a "new" sports bar on the East Side of town. Guy that runs it has doing daily specials and has a ton of TVs to watch games....

As you come into town from the South end:

Applebee's starts things off........

Next to Applebee's is the new Mexican place. Nothing but good words about it from folks that have eaten there.....

Dairy Queen is next.....

KFC.... runs a daily buffet.

Same side of Main but a block or so down is Joy Wok (Asian-American buffet). Good food/decent prices.

Hy-Vee has their kitchen.....

Past the glut of fast food joints (Mickey D's/Taco Johns/Taco Bell), there is a Mexican place on the West Side of Main. Great food as well.....

Pizza Hut and Paglia's are next.....Both run buffets and have good food. As stated, I tend to buy my own and not eat off the buffett. Just me.

Almost into town, there is a Burrito place (think Chipolte but local)

Just North of there on the West side of the road is A&G. Think upscale Applebees.....

On the Square is Carson's. Pretty good food and TVs for other games.

Farther North, across from Subway, there is a new place called 8 Point..? I don't know anyone that has eaten there yet.....

Next to Student Body as you head West towards Campus, there is a new Planet Sub. They do have a liquor license and serve beer and wine. You can go next door and get your favorite Bearcat items.... :smile-big:

As stated.... East of town at Mozingo Lake there is the Farm to Table place that just opened. Food is really good but bit pricey.... but the townies are hitting it good..

On the bi-pass at 71 and 136, Pizza Ranch is there. Good wait staff and they really support the community/NW. Pizza is good but I like the chicken better. No booze there....

Go North of town and the Truck Stop offers really good food as well.....

I'm sure I missed something.....

Comment

Originally posted by OICU812 View Post
                                It is my understanding that the Pagliai's in Maryville (I have not tried it) and the Paglaia's in Iowa City or Grinnell, IA don't even compare. The Maryville store is similar in name only.
                                There are a few more than that....Kirksville, MO and a few in MN.....

Use to be a franchise back in the 60s but broke up so the owners could do their own thing but under the same name.

Sadly, the original owner of the Maryville Paglial's passed away a couple of months ago..... Great dude to work for.....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X