Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FHSU Defense New Standard in MIAA?

2016 NW Defense is probably the gold standard.
    2006 NW Defense is close 2nd.

Granted, we may never get to see a defense like those again.

FH Defense isn't a bad defense, That being said do I think they stop a high powered MIAA from years past? No they likely get blown up for 35+ points. The MIAA just doesn't have any team that's truly one of those generational teams right now. I feel like there is a lot of teams trying to figure out their identities this year. Lots of freshman and younger QB's, some great players all over the place. I think the future for MIAA is bright but this year is a building year for the conference as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
      Congrats to Hays.
      It's Hayes with an E...ahahahahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
        Bolles got hurt, blocked extra point, blocked field goal, a fumble

Are they a good defense? Yes
        those all sound like things a good defense gets done. FHSU has held every team (except Southern, ha!) below their season's offensive average points.

Comment

Sure is FHSU's defense as good as last years? No, but it is still a pretty good defense compared to the rest of the conference as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
            2016 NW Defense is probably the gold standard.
            2006 NW Defense is close 2nd.

Granted, we may never get to see a defense like those again.

FH Defense isn't a bad defense, That being said do I think they stop a high powered MIAA from years past? No they likely get blown up for 35+ points. The MIAA just doesn't have any team that's truly one of those generational teams right now. I feel like there is a lot of teams trying to figure out their identities this year. Lots of freshman and younger QB's, some great players all over the place. I think the future for MIAA is bright but this year is a building year for the conference as a whole.
            Why do you say that? I see a continually eroding quality of play. Outside of BFKS, who will say their programs are at the peak of their history? How many would even be satisfied where their programs are today? UNK would add another.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
              Why do you say that? I see a continually eroding quality of play. Outside of BFKS, who will say their programs are at the peak of their history? How many would even be satisfied where their programs are today? UNK would add another.
              Because I saw this and felt this way like in 2001 and the young kids and teams turned out to grow and the MIAA produced some great teams. We are just old and jaded. Look at the rosters, there is a lot of youth in this the MIAA this year. Especially at the QB spot.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Depends on the area. Once you pass Topeka and closer to Lawrence I think not. Had a little resurgence when he took over for Prince

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X