Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northwest (8-2) at Central Missouri (5-5)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northwest (8-2) at Central Missouri (5-5)

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
    You cruel bastard.....lol....I knew that was coming at some point. I was there and from my vantage point I thought he had pushed the kick wide right.....RATS !
    It had a hell of a hook to it. The camera view from behind the uprights were unreal.
    IH8FERRIS

Comment

Originally posted by IM N GUD H&NZ BEARCAT View Post
      I had no idea what anniversary it was. I have seen the final kick a few times since that day but I had always avoided watching the whole drive. I had managed to forget the fricking "Hook & Ladder".
      Last edited by Randy; 11-09-2018, 11:06 AM.

Comment

craziest ending i've ever seen all things considered.
        Go Bearcats!
        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          I would use a baggie or a scooper, but if NW fans carry crap covered gloves around with them, it does explain a lot.
          I would use a bag as well, but gloves were easier to explain for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
            I had no idea what anniversary it was. I have seen the final kick a few times since that day but I had always avoided watching the whole drive. I had managed to forget the fricking "Hook & Ladder".
            The thing that I honestly remember more - and may have been more impressive - was a few drives prior to that Eric Czerniewski threw a pass to the TE Anthony Stewart out in the flat who went 71 yards. Ryan Jones, who I believe it was his first game back from a hammy injury, came from across the field and actually caught him and pushed him out of bounds at the 9 saving the TD. Northwest held them out of the endzone and UCM missed the FG.
            Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
              The thing that I honestly remember more - and may have been more impressive - was a few drives prior to that Eric Czerniewski threw a pass to the TE Anthony Stewart out in the flat who went 71 yards. Ryan Jones, who I believe it was his first game back from a hammy injury, came from across the field and actually caught him and pushed him out of bounds at the 9 saving the TD. Northwest held them out of the endzone and UCM missed the FG.

Anthony Stewart was our RB not TE, but I don't remember where he lined up on that play. The drive you described was huge in the outcome of the game. Also, the Mules not getting a first down deep in Bearcat territory to ice the game right before "the drive". I thought Coach Boda played way to conservative on that series and should have been more aggressive in trying to get the first down.....the old "playing not lose" deal.

Win or lose, it was one hell of an exciting game.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
                That play by Ryan Jones is one of his signature plays at NW IMO, the others being the return of a blocked PAT in the 2009 NC for two points and the go-ahead pick-six against Emporia in 2010 that allowed NW to extend their MIAA winning streak to 42 games. UCM also missed another chip-shot FG prior to the start of the game-winning drive by NW. It looked like a Chinese fire-drill when NW ran the kicking team on the field because they were out of timeouts and it was 4th down. To this day, I still can't believe that they pulled it off.

Comment

Originally posted by catfan4life View Post
                  That play by Ryan Jones is one of his signature plays at NW IMO, the others being the return of a blocked PAT in the 2009 NC for two points and the go-ahead pick-six against Emporia in 2010 that allowed NW to extend their MIAA winning streak to 42 games. UCM also missed another chip-shot FG prior to the start of the game-winning drive by NW. It looked like a Chinese fire-drill when NW ran the kicking team on the field because they were out of timeouts and it was 4th down. To this day, I still can't believe that they pulled it off.
                  Things are way too civil in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                    I would use a baggie or a scooper, but if NW fans carry crap covered gloves around with them, it does explain a lot.
                    I eat crap-covered gloves like you for breakfast!

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Saturday 1:00 PM kickoff - Sunny 34 degrees with a 12 mph wind will make it feel like 25 degrees, Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by IM N GUD H&NZ BEARCAT View Post
                          Taking nothing away from nw but that was another game the Mules found a way to lose via the kicking game. Jerry was so pissed as he thought one of the field goals was good that the next year we had new goal posts. Another controversial play was when David Cannon was ruled short of the end zone. Trouble s, it was the south end zone and his shadow was clearly in the end zone. Really tough as it's a southern sun.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X